1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Can only assume Morey didn't think he would be a p***y about it or assumed he had a functioning brain.

He was in Houston when Beverlys number was used to recruit Howard, Scola had #4 when there were pictures of Bosh with that number.

"OMG, they put the #7 on a photoshopped Melo Rockets jersey even though I know they have to trade me to get him."

It is such a non-issue that only Lin fans can turn into some emotionanal betrayal. It is so immature.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I doubt you have any merit on which human is deserving of respect and which isn't.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol at the office reference. Hey can I pay you 15 mill next year....would it be okay with you if I replace you? You know since you mess up quite a bit..

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I totally understand what Morey is saying...that Asik and Lin will have to be traded anyway to get Melo here. But there is something fundamentally wrong with the practice (actually in any practice in any job field). You don't dissed employee that still legally working for you. You don't disrespecting them even if you're about to move them. If you want to be classy organization, you don't do that!! The best thing to do is....DON'T USE THE #!! What is the point...especially when Melo is not even signed yet. And what keep you from using #15? It doesn't make sense.

Oh about the Howard using Beverley #....did they inform Beverley about this? I think they did inform Beverley about using his number but not LIN? There is a difference there, buddy. Anyway, i don't like talking about this...but I have to speak my mind. And my mind tells me this is disrespecting and need some type of apology.

1 person likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lin is not getting fired though, that is an important distinction to keep in mind. He will get transferred.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>Damn, what a PR disaster!

It's a good thing Morey decided not to go with his first idea:

[​IMG]
    <BR>

4 people like this.
  7. kastuul

kastuul Member

TOR fans think they have Lowry in their pocket now.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

so? Maybe he loves Houston? Maybe he wants to stay? You never know.

At the end of the day, this is disrespect, period. Unprofessional behavior from the Rockets organization.

1 person likes this.
  9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He was given every chance to succeed here. Plus 25 million dollars. Its been reported by Woj that he knew what was going on and that he knew he was likely outta here.

Normally when the all star comes to the team, he buys the the jersey number or another deal is made. What does the number even mean to Jeremy Lin?

#4 at Harvard, #7 at GS, #17 at NYK, #7 Here. If Lin was a 10 year vet i would maybe see his point of being hurt.

10. James88

James88 Member

LOL. Melo probably signs in a heartbeat if Morey went with that.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's only going to be a PR disaster until the media finds the next shiny object.

"LeBron may not return to the Heat? Stay Tuned to all our sources quoting each other!"

"Cleveland giving Heyward the Max? Are they crazy? Or are they CRAZY!?!?"

This just happens to be flavor of the day.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Exactly. Melo is senior, Lin is junior. That's it. Hey, no one mentioned race yet? Progress!

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin be likeā€¦ <a href="http://t.co/KzZVREjIvD">pic.twitter.com/KzZVREjIvD</a></p>&mdash; Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/statuses/484449284788457472">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ouch!

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Playing little fella? LOL i just found it humorous that someone who posted on the first page to not care, would post 5 more times. ;)

15. coffeelover665

You ask anyone with a PR background and they'll tell you this is a horrible move. Ask anyone with a job how they feel about sitting in an office and your boss walks in and points to the new guy that your office will be his if he'll just accept. Even on the blacktop You don't even do **** like this. You pick your 5 and then drop one because someone better comes along and I guaranteed a fight will break out or someone will be very hurt emotionally. Bad move overall. It's not BAD BAD but its bad because of how simple it is to avoid it.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Who cares if he likes Houston or not. He knows better than anyone that it doesn't matter if he wants to stay on a team or not. He can be cut/waived/traded at any time with or without his knowledge. That's how the NBA works.

Ultimately what you call disrespect, I call standard practice. Lin does not own Houston Rockets #7. It's a number he asked to wear during his contract and last I checked, he can still wear it in Rockets red (no picture changes that) or any future teams.

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

MORAAYYYS A RACIST!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Talk about blowing things out of proportion. You are the one that sounds like a whiny little b****. Lin posted ONE TWEET after the media made a big deal out of it. You care more than him. This board cares more than him.

#358 fchowd0311, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  19. James88

James88 Member

LOL, why don't you also wave your finger at the Rockets and say "tsk tsk". No one really gives a **** about Lin. There's just no real sports stories going on right now. It's the dead season for sports.

20. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Every post here (LOF and LOH) hurts to read...

you guys are idiots

...hurts so much...it feels good...