1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would feel thank god I am getting the hell out of here. It's a fresh start.

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's a perfect analogy, except for the timing. I was about to use the same analogy, but show how Unnecessary and Unprofessional this whole fiasco was. If my boss is not happy with me, and I don't like him either. It's perfectly fine for me to quit, or him to let me go with my package. However, at the time, no decision has been made, no notification has been given either way, my boss invites someone to MY OFFICE, and tell the whole world how comfortable that big shot candidate will feel in MY OFFICE, be it Blankfein or Gates, I will have big issue. Not only would I confront my boss, but also go to HR and demand an apology.

1 person likes this.
  3. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Its not ****ed up that they used his jersey number...but don't compare it to Beverly last year, he was apart of future plans.
    I understand why Lins pissed, he dislikes carmelo and feels shat on.

No matter how he played, he always gave full effort and showed more heart in the playoffs then our "leader".

With that said...im glad his contract is out of here and he was wrong in his public b****ing.

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I am sure he feels the same way, but it doesn't mean he can't be hurt by how his team handled the situation. And he merely tweeted about it. It is the same thing when Morey makes the comment about players as assets, if even that is what you think, and how most people think, it is not something you should say. Like here, even most people agreed Lin is goner, there are still proper gesture needs to be made, because after all, Lin has been loyal and worked hard for this team.

5. Nook

Nook Member

This whole event only points out what is wrong with Lin. He is so soft and mentally weak that letting Lin know they will use "7" on Anthony was an afterthought. Then, Lin is such a passive aggressive coward he quotes and hides behind scripture rather than address the problem as a man or in a professional manner.

Now, like a chick we have a "tiff" online and I guarantee you at some point Lin backs down.

As for Morey, do you have any tact? Rather than talking to the media and treating Lin like an asset, just call him up and tell him you didn't intend to insult him and were sorry.

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

Morey has fxxked up.

It was Lowry number too.
    He should hide it in the photo.

7. AvgJoe

LOL good find. Wonder what number Lowry would wear if they put a poster up for him too!

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Here is the way I see it. Lin knew this was coming when the Harden Lin experiment failed and he was assigned the 6th man role, something he was ultimately very inconsistent with. It takes a special type of mentality to be a 6th man and most just don't have it. The writing was on the wall all year, considering his name was in trade talks constantly. He knew he was not in our long term plans and that means he will inevitably be leaving. All the Rockets did hear was photoshop Melo in the number he wore. It could have been any other player. If T-Jones wore 7, it would have been him in this situation. It's not like they were using his name, his locker, or his actual jersey. If I was Lin, I would be like "OK Morey, are you able to at least tell me where I am getting traded before it hits the news?"

9. AvgJoe

Media blew it up. it's like a friend of yours posts a really ugly picture of you on facebook, and now your other friends, bros, sis, mother, and father, uncles and aunts all call you up and ask what's going. I would be surprised if you don't feel anything either.

10. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Lin needs to what? When did he cry about it? What the **** is wrong with you. YOU need to shut up.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Everyone knows Lin is being traded if we get a third star. If Lin didn't know this he should sue Harvard

Stop being drama queens.

12. AvgJoe

The way I see, perfectly fine using #7 on Melo jersey, just needed to give the gesture to pre-inform Lin. That's all.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

There is a long tradition of senior guys coming in and taking junior guys' numbers. Then the senior guy gives a token compensation of a watch or something to the junior guy. Lin could even stay and just change his number. All this crybaby stuff is weak.

14. James88

James88 Member

God damn I hope Morey does this. The LOF pity party will be glorious. Turn the cheek, biatch.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, the gesture that you are looking for is reserved for those that "matter." You may not like it, but outside of small businesses, that is how the world generally works. Well performing individuals get the party when they leave, while the unappreciated/disliked ones just get ignored as they prepare to leave.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Would it have been nice if they had? Of course! No one is disputing that. Was it disrespectful? I don't think so.

17. AvgJoe

Who believed that could happen? LOL

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL - This thread is like a dream come true for LOF's and LOH, one side can get irate on behalf of Lin while the other despite their claims of ambivalence & disdain for the Lin obsession, can get irate at Lin.

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

This. I said long time ago that Lin would be traded, as Rockets won't pay 15 million to a bench player playing out of position. I only hoped that Lin and Rockets can part their ways in a not too ugly fashion. But it's getting uglier every day. There is no need to burn bridges. They are professionals, including front office people. Melo didn't even have great success in that number 7 jersey. LOL@bunch of kids acting like business people. On the contrary, it's very important to be PC in coporate world.

This is obviously a mistake caused by neglegence and lacking of respect. It's always bad business practice if you attract negative attention without any gain. They can pitch Melo without a number.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I bet you Anthony would not want to wear #7 now because he's going to have a lot of Asian haters!!lol