1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This assumes that they consciously chose to not show Dwight's number because of Bev.

Always a possibility they just liked the picture and whether it showed the number or not didn't factor in the decision to use it.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Bev was in Rocket's long term plan, of course they have to care about his feeling. Lin is goner, no one cares. Given the history between Lin and Melo, there is a possibility that DM did it on purpose, but that would be really low of him.

For better or for worse, we will not see Lin on Rockets ever again.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This. To put it simply, anytime a team chases a star, they will photoshop the team's jersey (or change the color) and basically say, "Hey, this could be you! I think you look GREAT in our team's colors!" This is standard practice in the NBA so why should Lin be treated any differently?

4. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Ugh... This is like one of those one night stands that leaves you scratching your genitals on the ride home. Except we had to endure 2 years of it. I'm just glad we can finally be done with this Linfiasco and move on to the Melo-drama.

5. AvgJoe

Because they didn't tell him ahead of time?

6. AvgJoe

You mean Melo-drama now, then the potential Dwight-Melo drama, Harden-Melo drama, and the Dwight-Harden-Melo drama trilogy.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So? Like I said, I honestly can't see how it matters. If I get transferred, I wouldn't give a crap if I saw who they put in my office.

8. atwood

atwood Member

To the Melo-drama! Rockets is always an entertaining team no matter what...

9. James88

James88 Member

It's probably not over. I doubt Melo signs. He's just getting leverage to make sure the Knicks give him the max.

The Rockets don't really give a ****. They knew exactly what they were doing. Some of you guys are completely dense.

10. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

You do realize that if the PR took a few seconds to inform Lin about this, it would have avoided all this controversy, right?

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

holy **** 15 pages on something so petty....smh

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Whoever ends up on Houston's roster next season, this boards won't lack for idiots fighting over meaningless ****.

13. AvgJoe

You don't see it, doesn't mean others don't.

Woj saw it

p.s. if you are just rumored to be transferred, and your company hasn't informed you that you are transferred, and your boss just brought a new guy over along with your colleagues and checked out your office, showing your chair and tells the guy that chair will be really comfortable when he sits on it, without saying a word to you. How do you feel?

if your boss told you ahead of time, saying hey man, you may be transferred depending on this new candidate we have, if he is hired, you will be transferred. we are going to show him around tomorrow. thanks for your understanding. how do you feel then?

#293 AvgJoe, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  14. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

You do realize you are *****ing on the Rox Organization, right? :rolleyes:

15. team5

team5 Member

You just summed up all professional sports, which millions pay billions to watch.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

When DH was visiting? When did that happen?

That picture is a red herring. Wasn't it put up after Dwight agreed.
    It has nothing to do with the fact that Beverley had no problem with his number being used and going to Dwight.

17. James88

James88 Member

Only a child would think that. I'm sorry to break your heart princess.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I hope Lin gets traded SOON!!! Hopefully that will curtail the douchebaggery from some of the people on CF's!

#298 BamBam, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I see it to. I understand that Lin felt his pride was hurt, but I personally would not have felt that way. If he truly felt he was being underutilized in Houston like his fans so desperately believe, he should see this as a possible escape out of a bad situation for him. Now he has a shot at getting a fresh shot on a new team to try and re-establish his worth. Lin is a smart guy. As much as this stings his pride, he's got to realize why this is happening and it is not a matter of respect, just the NBA going about its usual business.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think Lin's gonna refuse his $15 mill in protest! Let's start a petition.

"Dear Lin,

Reject the Rockets' dis money!

And dear Morey,

That was WOOL (way out of line)!

Sincerely,

1. sirbaihu"