1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, yeah, he's signing there for 4 mil a year, I could totally see that.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Lol for what, $10M?

3. AkeemTheDreem86

That's just silly.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The real question is whether Melo has contacted The Barber or not...

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

i think the barber deleted a tweet earlier about big 3 in houston.

6. Progs

Progs Member

deserves a repost

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

any word about his meeting with dallas? seems like it may not actually go to the arena?

from Sefko's feed said there wasnt any Melo type stuff at the AAC this morning

super low key but guessing that Cuban doesnt want to look a fool like last year with Dwight?

8. AkeemTheDreem86

And I'd be willing to bet a ton of those lake mansions are owned by RO/Memorial/West U folks as getaway spots.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

they said they are meeting at a secret place and they want to keep it low key

10. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Haha maybe so. I just have a bunch of friends there and they all like it. I live between Sugarland and Katy along 99, so it's solid here too.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea I was just there at the off chance they showed up. Nothing going on there.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

BTW if anyone needs a job, full time or part time, doesnt mind working- can be at work at 7:30 am office is located at i-10 west and beltway , has a valid driver license and is guaranteed any-day off they need for rocket related reasons then Hit me up Pay ranges 8-12/hr

/shameless employment plug

#3172 Realjad, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

All those guys lived in New Territory. I worked at that Victor's restaurant right off 59 in Sugarland from 1995 to 1997. Waited on Horry, Barkley's wife, Moses Malone, Mario Elie, and Sam Mack. Everyone great except Sam Mack- he wanted everything free. What a douche. Also waited on Mike Hampton, right before he went on his winning streak in 1996 or 1997.

Later, I drank beer next to Charles Barkley at that Sports Resort on Kirkwood, just north of SugarLand- I mean, the table right next to him. It was when he was injured and I remember they had the Spurs vs. Lakers on, mid-season- whatever year that was, 1997 or 1998. He came in with.. Robert Barr, I think his name was? Anyway, he signed the back of my lesson plan (by that time, I got a teaching job at Dulles H.S.). He drank like 9 Coronas and got trashed. But was extremely accommodating to everyone. Got a first-hand glimpse of how, if you're a celebrity like that, you literally can't even eat a meal or watch a game without getting interrupted like 100s of times. Also ran into him at the Q Cafe. It was when Michael Finley was with Phoenix, and I guess we were playing Phoenix in Houston and they both came in together. It was funny- everyone bombarded Barkley but Finley was sitting totally by himself -so my friend and I went to talk to him. This was years before the whole out-of-bounds thing.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yeah was pretty sure Barkley and Elie lived in New Territory. Really thought Olajuwon was living in Sweetwater (finally remembered the name!) at the time though. I remember Sam Mack. Really liked him as a player.

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

Call me crazy, but I'd be shocked if he chooses the Rockets. Since Chicago is a great defensive team that needs a scorer, they are the better fit than the Rockets. Would be great if Melo signed with the Rockets, but I don't think it's the end of the world if he doesn't.

16. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pau Gasol Addendum No. 1: Sources say Bulls' rising interest in Pau IS indeed reflection of concern they can't convince Melo to leave NYK</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484487716508143616">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Chicago doesn't have all that much to offer by way of talent, it would essentially be Melo and Noah vs the world and if the rumors are true, he'll have to cut his pay down to 15 mil just to have that honor.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bulls?src=hash">#Bulls</a> management believes it connected with Carmelo Anthony Tuesday. And now they wait, writes <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop">@KCJHoop</a> <a href="http://t.co/20dL2D6enR">http://t.co/20dL2D6enR</a></p>&mdash; ChicagoSports (@ChicagoSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChicagoSports/statuses/484480893042851842">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If he stays in NY he deserves to lose.

20. HPD

HPD Member

All u kan eat