1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Its hard to hear that video on my phone at the end does Dwight say "once we get him signed?"

2. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Take that Lin Jersey **** to another thread! D@mn...no one cares about Lin and his feelings because they used number 7. Get over it! I can't wait until his @ss is traded and take the LOF with him. I don't remember YOF being like this...At least Yao could actually ball.

3. rocketblood713

Lets just worry about keeping Chandler Parsons and getting Lowry

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Which definition of bigot would you like to apply to me?

5. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

H wouldn't be meeting with em if they didn't have a chance.

6. betterhomesbytj

Dude Dallas is out of the running for sure! Its almost 4!

By the time he meets Dallas's brass's it will be EARLIEST 6:30

He wont have that much time there especially since he's flying back to NYC tonight!

7. justtxyank

I don't know. If we are going to judge his chances of signing with a team based on the time he spent meeting with them we are behind in the running.

I think the other posters who have said that the time doesn't mean a whole lot are probably pretty accurate.

(But I also think Dallas isn't really in the running.)

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have no idea if you are a bigot but your definition isn't close to correct and you made a stupid comment.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL he's also meeting with the Lakers....I think he's just doing those guys a kindness and going through the motions. The Mavs and Lakers have nothing at all to sell him on, it's always been down to the Bulls and Rockets.

10. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Isn't he meeting with LA tomorrow?

11. Fighton

Fighton Member

seriously...

yeah he's getting paid 15min, got a 25min contract. i'm sure he's more thankful then ever that he gets to play a kids game for a living and have said that numerous times, but a man's got his pride too no matter how much money he makes, and this is very disrespecful.

i mean, as of today, he's still on the team. at least wait till he's been traded. jeez.

12. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Yes. Then it went black as he was fixing to say......

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Y'all ninjas trying analyze Morey's face. Lol

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I guess Lin never watched CSN.

If he will really feel butt-hurt for the No. 7,

I wonder what will be his reaction to the Rockets 2014-2015 season ticket ads running couple months ago on CSN non stop.

None of the "H" were referring to Lin, and even Cisco was included in that ad.

Now that should hurt more right?

15. Progs

Progs Member

Didn't know Lin was so religous

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

LOL, McHale cannot just go talk to Kevin Love. Love is under contract, that would be tampering. Unless Minny gave us permission.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets meeting with Carmelo Anthony concluded about an hour following lunch at a restaurant and a tour/meeting at the arena, source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/484438339534077952">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Bev was a rook who had only played 40 games. Lin was one of two key FA signings for the 2012-2013 Rockets and a key marketing icon for the team even after Harden and Howard were acquired.

By all accounts Lin is a good guy no matter what you think of him on the court. He talks to the media, does team sponsored community events, didn't b**** like Asik when he lost his starting job.

Yeah he's going to get paid this year either as a Rocket or on some other team, but the Rockets marketing team showed a lack a respect to a guy who has been a "team player". It's going to be weird if Lin is still on the team this season.

BTW, I wonder how Beverley feels after Morey and McHale snuck off to Philly to meet Lowry. At least they did that will zero fanfare.

19. justtxyank

You can think my comment is stupid (won't be the first stupid comment I've made in my life) but that doesn't make it bigoted. Look up the definition of bigot and in each definition you will see words like hatred or dislike or intolerance towards a race. That isn't close to anything I've said.

So, my comment can be called stupid, factually incorrect, ignorant or whatever else word you want to use, but unless there is a definition of bigot that I'm not aware of using that word is unfairly harsh and out of line.

But regardless, I apologize for derailing this thread with the over under joke and will respond no further. In fact, I'm out of the GARM for good.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets center Dwight Howard and James Harden had a good rapport with Carmelo &amp; they all spent about 10 minutes talking alone,a source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/484438743483310080">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>