1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Swap D-Mo for Canaan and I would applaud this trade. Would love to get Dinwiddie too.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

It's a good buy low risk if we strike out on our first choices, but I wouldn't include Jones. That contract is enough for Lin/Dmo to be a fair deal.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would hate to get back any of KMart, CBud, Barea or Turiaf. Rather have one/two of Brewer, Dieng or Shved.

At any rate in addition to the picks (2 firsts, including the NOP protected first rounder) and 3 starters would be hard to pass up (Eric Gordon, Terrance Jones, Ryan Anderson - Pelicans still need to clear cap space for Asik). Throw in Capella for Dieng if possible. Parsons will be the deal breaker IMO. If Morey is pressed to include him in a S&T things could get ugly.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

D-Mo can back up the 4/5. Terrance Jones is Josh Smith light, just without the D.

5. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

What if we S&T Parsons, Dmo, some 1st rounders for Love, sign Deng and some other pieces.

PG: Lowry/Mills, Bev
    SG: Harden, Daniels (Morrow)
    SF: Deng, Garcia (Pierce, Granger, Butler, Jefferson, Hamilton, Tolliver)
    PF: Love, Jones
    C: Howard, Okafor

That would be a sick team....

6. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

I wonder how the salary would work

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Smith is Terrific for this team. Good chance it happens.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I say we sign Lowry and forget about the big guys.
    Sign quality reserve players like Ariza, Patterson, And even Chris Andersen

Trade Lin, Jones, Covington, Canaan and draft rights to someone like Llull, and a first round pick for Kevin Love and Gorgui Dieng
    Trade Casspi,Hamilton, a second rounder and Josh Powell for Beno Udrih and
    Courtney Lee

Lowry/Beverly/Udrih
    Harden/Lee/Daniels
    Parsons/Ariza/Johnson
    Love/Patterson/Motiejunas
    Howard/Dieng/Andersen

That backup roster could beat a few teams in the league alone and isn't much of a step up from the roster 2-3 years ago.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Also I forgot to add, even if we don't get a player like Kevin Love for that trade, we could still get a quality stretch 4 like David Lee or Paul Millsap for that trade

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

millsap is only on books for one more year. I think David lee is longer

11. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

David Lee a stretch 4?????

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I read this....and then I saw Love's name. :confused:

In a perfect world yes I would agree. I don't see either Ariza or Parsons coming off the bench though. If I had to pick one, I'd prob go with Ariza.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Totally ridiculous scenario. Logistically what you are talking about is not actually possible because you are using cap space plus sign and trading guys like Powell and Hamilton that we have no bird rights to. Then your trade for Love is probably a no go. On top of all that, you won't be able to have enough cap space to sign Lowry+Ariza+Patterson.

It fails all over.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Can someone draw out a situation where Lowry + Millsap works?

All while retaining Parsons of course.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Millsap is not a free agent and I don't really see anything that we would want to trade and they would actually want. Asik was probably our most attractive piece to them but clearly they wanted more than that since Asik is not in Atlanta. I'm sure they would love that Pelicans pick but I'm not sure that Morey wants to use up his best trade chip quite yet on a good-but-not-great player.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok.

Step 1: trade Lin + Motie to Philly (Motie is the sweetner to make them take Lin) - creates around $18mill in cap space
    Step 2: sign Lowy at around 10mill per
    Step 3: trade Jones + Covington for Millsap (most of his contract absorbed by the cap space we have created)

Done.

The process could be clarified to keep either of Jones or Motie.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

David Lee is terrible. No thanks.

18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

he is a good offensive player and can rebound but is a horrible defender and is always injured. If he stays healthy, he could put up 20/10 regularly.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

3 Way Trade: Houston, Minnesota, and New Orleans

Houston Out: Asik, Rockets 2015 #1, TJones, DMo, Rights to Sergio Llull, Rights to Papanikolaou, 2015 NYK 2nd Round Pick, Canaan
    Houston In: Kevin Love

Minnesota In: Ryan Anderson, TJones, NOP 2015 #1, Rockets 2015 #1, Rights to Sergio Llull
    Minnesota Out: Kevin Love

New Orleans In: Asik, DMo, Canaan, Rights to Papanikolaou, NYK 2015 2nd round pick
    New Orleans Out: Ryan Anderson, NOP #1

Why for Houston? Love.

Why for Minnesota? Anderson fills in nicely for the hole created by Love, with added athleticism from TJones off the bench. The #1 pick from NOP might be the top pick on the market. Sergio Llull can reunite with Rubio, his national teammate.

Why for New Orleans? The Asik/#1 pick is already agreed to, so this is essentially Ryan Anderson for DMo, Canaan, Rights to Papanikolaou, and the NYK 2015 2nd. Pretty good haul if you ask me. DMo is younger than Anderson, and provides a nice pairing with either Asik or Davis off the bench. Canaan gives some 3 point shooting to a team that desperately needs it. Papanikolaou is the type of cheap forward that they need for depth. That NYK pick 2nd round pick will be golden if they tank.

Now compare our offer to Golden State's for Love:

David Lee
    Klay Thompson
    GSW 2015 1st round pick

vs.

Ryan Anderson
    TJones
    Rights to Sergio Llull
    NOP 2015 #1 pick
    Rockets 2015 #1 pick

Rockets Lineup:

Beverley / Lin
    Harden / Daniels
    Parsons /
    Love /
    Howard /

The rockets would still have their MLE, BAE, the Rights to Gentile, the Rights to Cappella, and all of their picks after 2015.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Okay now fold into this a sign and trade of Lin for Lowry.

Lowry / Bev
    Harden / Daniels
    Parsons /
    Love /
    Howard /

Yes please!