1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, May 15, 2014.

?

Trade the Beard???

1. Yes

209 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

359 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Yup. We'll see ;)

2. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

For LeBron and Melo? YES! INSTANTLY!!!

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Only for Lebron in a SnT.. to have him join Melo and Dwight. I could play SG and along with Pbev at the point and get to the WCF's. I just don't have faith that Harden will ever mature into a decent defender. Dwight will run the PnR with Melo and Lebron because he respects him and Melo will play much better D when teamed with D12 and Lebron. It will be tough to score against that frontline.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You don't have faith that a 24 yr old first team all nba player will get better defensively? He'll get better every where on the court he's young. You do realize Melo doesn't play D and has never been a first team nba performer?

I'm all for melo or lebron but with harden. 24 yr olds like him don't come around often, yet dummies on this board would have us smart ppl believe he's not even an allstar caliber player. Smh

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Add unselfish 24 yr old to that

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

bottom line, if lebron says trade harden to make room for my buddy carmelo, you do it.

7. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Are people genuinely saying they'd trade Harden for Melo?

I mean in this pipedream scenario where Lebron would only come if we did that trade, maybe, but that's not going to happen.

Harden is 24. Melo is 30. Come on guys.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know how many good forwards are in the league, compared to shooting guards?

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Nah...show some degree of loyalty. Don't want to be known as the franchise that doesn't give a damn about any of it's players. Including it's stars.

10. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Hell no. Harden is better than fat ass Melo.

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Greed and foolishness.

Get over it.

You don't trade your future if you can have him as your present as well

If we get LeBron, what happens down the road when he is no longer in his prime?

We will have Harden, our future to keep us in contention.

12. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Not just no but Hell no. If LeBron says the only way i sign is if you trade Harden for Melo I tell LeBron thanks for your time. I care more about the long term success of the franchise than the next 4 years. Harden will still be in the league the next 10-13 years more than likely at superstar level and a few after that. LeBron is 29 and Melo 30 they could still be in the league 10-13 years from now but its unlikely. Plus with them every 4 years you will have to deal with can you keep them. Harden gives me that Im going to be here until I retire feeling. I would rather get a Kyle Lowry and make one more run at Kevin Love and run with that group than put everything on the next 4 years.

Long story short I want to be competing for Championships 8,9,and 10 years from now not rebuilding in 4

13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I totally agree. Harden rejuvenated this franchise. That would be very unloyal to unload him for Carmelo. Morey would lose credibility with free agents if he made such a move to please Lebron.

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, not even for Melo and Lebron.

He is better than Melo and I'm not letting Lebron run the Franchise. I wouldn't put the Franchise in that position either.

Lebron is the best in the world right now, but as we have seen having Lebron doesn't guarnatee a banner. If it were not for missed free throws and Ray Allen, he is 1 from 5.

Being paired with Harden and Howard is a better trio than with Melo and Howard. Melo and Howard are ball stoppers, Harden can distribute. Harden is young meaning long term success for Lebron. Harden is not just a scorer, he is a creator.

The last thing this Franchise wants is to be known as the team that will promise you everything to your face but if something better comes along they bow down to that person instead.

15. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

My goodness.

What I love most about this is a team with both LeBron and Melo would have a huge playmaking void, and a void at either the one or two.

I mean, two of the guys that would be making $20 million each on this team can't even pass the ball in Melo and Howard lol.

LeBron would literally have to run the point. That team would be so terrible offensively. Melo and Howard isos all day.

16. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

This would be a glorified lateral move at best.

The teams championship window would be ridiculously small. In 3 years Morey would have to blow it up and by that time Harden would be 27 in his PRIME with his buddy Durant who he lured to NY, RUNNING the league. I'd really enjoy it too.

LUCKILY, our GM is very smart and does not think like you guys.

17. kofantasy

kofantasy Member

Trade harden For LeBron and Melo,yes!!

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Do you know Why Carmelo has never been on the first team?

Carmelo and Durant, use your brain.

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

LOL, what do you think has been happening in Miami for the past 4 years? Mario Chalmers propelling them to one of the best offenses in the history of the NBA? Again, people use your brain. Lebron is probably the best point guard in the NBA.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'll consider this franchise rejuvenated when we pass the first round.