1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets finalizing deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 25, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Omer Asik for cap space and a protected first rounder?

1. YES

589 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

79 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol that was nice! :grin:

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think it has more to do with the draft tonight.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It was my dog that bit Kenny. Philly then felt guilty and overpaid him ;)

Morey would have loved him. Basically Carl Landry before Carl Landry.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Codman is saying Morey sees the future in Dwight Howard and not James Harden.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Does he hint that Harden's heart isn't in to this team, or that his wants aren't a championship?

6. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I remember those events like it was yesterday. After the monkier name change bet I lost trac of everyone.

Great to hear....see ya out there.

And Morey Kicking arse!!!

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Where did you guys get that Harden's heart isn't in it? He was talking about Asik. Then he goes on to say that Harden is trying to build the same brotherhood he has in OKC here. So I doubt he's going anywhere.

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Cod's comment on Wes Unseld passes, would indicate Kevin Love. Wes was fantastic at outlets and Love is similar.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the days of Carlos Rogers...those were the days. where are the players from the cba that played with grit and heart like chucky brown? I guess that would be some nbadl kid now

10. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

can't believe morey was able to get a 1st round pick as well....dude's got skillzzzzz

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I can believe it. Asik isn't a slouch by any means. He is a legit top 10 center in the league when he is a starter.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm assuming this is referring to Eric Gordon?

This has to be about Asik. He wants to bury the hatchet and work on being part of the team again because the Rockets are contenders. He don't want to be exiled to a lottery team because he's been to the playoffs throughout his career in Chicago and Houston. But too little too late...

This could be in reference to Lin....Parsons....Harden..?

This "brother" has to be LeBron. James and Dwight has played with him and seems to have enough of a friendship to want him here. Our fans will definitely embrace him. That being said, if LeBron is a clear-cut option, then some of the family will have to be sacrificed (e.g. Lin and maybe Parsons) to get LeBron here.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

James had the family in OKC. He's building it here. Morey's trying to as well (obviously) but the brotherhood could change in a quick second if you have different brothers. In this whole equation, there is one guy that is the brother that satisfies Morey, the fans, the players (all of them) and our chances.

What I got from codmans post is that morey could trade harden to get melo and sign Lebron, which could change the brotherhood in a quick second. He goes on to say "there is one guy that is the brother that satisfies Morey, the fans, the players (all of them) and our chances.", which has to be Lebron.

Unfortunately for harden, he's building a brotherhood here too which will end if it means Lebron wants melo to join him in houston?

I don't know if that makes sense to Yuall, lol.

14. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Key word... "trying". Until the new guy shows nothing but heart in the playoffs and earns the respect from both fans and teammates, while Harden showed... well that's been beaten to death you should all know.

I really hope Codman is right because our championship hopes are better pinned on Howard then Harden... I think if we can get another hungry wing in place of Harden, we can really build a TEAM here. Players want to win and they know the dedication it takes, does anyone really see that kind of dedication in Harden. I sure as hell don't, not in his phony exit interviews and definitely not in his play.

15. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Although I wish Lin a fresh start, I have to agree with what you said above 100%. I would do the same if I were Morey.

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Codman
    I heard about New Orleans awhile ago, but boy did it not turn out with what Morey first wanted. My homeboy was almost ours awhile back, but his knee injury killed it.

That's reference to Ryan Anderson of New Orleans

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Took it the same way.

James had the family in OKC. He's building it here. Morey's trying to as well (obviously) but the brotherhood could change in a quick second if you have different brothers. In this whole equation, there is one guy that is the brother that satisfies Morey, the fans, the players (all of them) and our chances.

Harden has the family in Oklahoma City. He's (trying) building it here, Morey too, but it could change quick if you have different brothers. (LeBron wanting to play with 'Melo).

BUT

But he said right after he has no insight into LeBron.

So who knows?

18. vernonmaxwell11

please, they never had one. asik was a whiny POS all of last season.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

never want to go back to those days

20. Amir's Johnson

No, it does not make sense. Harden is not going anywhere.