1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets have moves to trade Lin and Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 20, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Oops didn't mean to hit submit, but what? Are you saying you didn't mean to quote me or what? :confused:

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more

3. King1

Correct

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

If it is Philly, I will gladly take their 2015 1st rounder (with top 3 protection) for Asik.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Might even take a 2016 top 3 protected

6. champstocome

champstocome Member

I don't get why the board is going crazy speculating what free agent we are getting before finding out where Lin and Asik are going.Morey probably hates Lin for lowering his trade value in the reg season and even further in post season with that balloon payment coming up. Having Jeremey Lin on your team is like a buying a new car with a very high interest rate...depreciating asset.

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

You having a very high interest rate on your loan does not affect the value of the car. That said, if you are a team that will not be good (like... Raptors or Magic?) why not get a guy like Lin to put some butts in the seat. Very few non-superstar players have that ability.

8. SirKen

SirKen Member

Raptors don't need to try hard put some butts in the seat, especially after the run last season. Have you seen Air Canada Centre during the playoffs?

Magic could most certainly use it though.

9. champstocome

champstocome Member

Because people see past the gimmick that hes asian and now see lin for what he is a sub par basketball player...and an even worse pg with terrible decision making.

and absolutely yes... interest rate directly affects the final cost of an investment...dumb @ss

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

Morey sure didn't hate Lin for saving game Three. Morey posted about Lin's correct decision making online right after that game and then he gave Lin a high five the very next day. I'm also sure Morey didn't hate Lin for his fine PG play in game Five when Bev was sick. That was the only game in the series where the Rockets dominated Portland. Oh and btw those were the only two Playoff games the Rockets won. Have fun after Lin is traded, lol!

11. champstocome

champstocome Member

Lin single handedly lost us 2 games in that same series with low basketball IQ moves. He was also not put in late game situation because management knows he has no place being on the floor...especially with pressure on the ball because he IS a screw up. His trade value has been affected negatively because of his poor play.

...If Lin is the game changer you think he is why is management trying so desperately to push his horrible contract out the door? If he is such a winner why do we HAVE to include asik AND draft picks just so other teams will bite?
    Lin is hot garbage...he cries about his fame coming to quick and not being able to sustain 'linsanity' because he knows he doesn't deserve it. The loser even went and made a speech/movie about the burden of living up to a string of games where he didn't suck. I couldn't imagine another nba player documenting a similar scenario and then getting a videographer to record it.

Get'r done Morey dump him on some horrible team so he can at least try and pad his stats next year and repair his ego. Something has to change for the guy and I'm pretty sure its gunna be his uniform.

12. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Ok, so let's say all your assessment of Lin is true, what do u make of lin? Overrated all star? Borderline starter? Inconsistent role player? But at the end of the day, its easier to critcize him when he sucks rather than at his peak of linsanity. One thing for sure, he doesn't ask for linsanity. It came to him n he embraced it. He thanked God that it happened to him. IMO, he just want to establish himself as a solid starter/good role player on a contender team. Is it really his FAULT that the media hyped him up? He was just trying to avoid being cut by the knicks so he can continue his dream to play in the nba. At the end of the season, what did knicks management do? Instead of offering him a decent/role player contract, they lowballed him so they wouldn't make the mistake of overpaying him, a move that are very not knicks lookalike since the day of isiah thomas as GM.

On the next chapter in houston, was it lin that really ask for this monstrous contract? Who orchestrated the poison pill? Whose FAULT was it? I'm sure lin didn't mind a $10mil/3yrs contract. But guess what? Morey wanted to redeem himself for cutting him in the 1st place.

We all know lin is not an impact player like MJ, shaq, or hakeem. I would say lin is at the level of Lowry n dragic or slightly below them, both was on the same predicament as lin before but boyy look at them now???? Borderline players need encouragement n condusive system. Lin is a one dimensional player, instead of using his strength, mchale implement harden isoball n freelance offence. Whose FAULT was it?

Coming playoffs time, lin was as bad as a damaged product, yet mchale with his limited experience n inabilities to maximize rockets players kept using him for prolonged minutes in iso ball n freelance offence n forcing the issue to sustain moreyball. What do u expect? Whose FAULT was it?

13. King1

As per usual, a LOF blaming everyone else for his faults. Lin is a mediocre layer. Deal with it

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lin nearly cost us Game 3. Remember that stupid breakaway layup attempt he blew when the Rockets were up 3 that led to the Batum uncontested 3-pointer at the other end. As far as I'm concerned, Game 3 was a wash for the guy. He redeemed himself in the end, but it never should've gone to OT in the first place.

Sure, Lin was huge in Game 5 and I'll give him credit for that. But again, that was on the heels of Game 4 which he cost the Rockets with that late turnover. Overall, he had a negative impact on the series and is too unreliable with the ball in his hands in close games.

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

No one is denying that when Lin plays well, the rockets are almost unbeatable. It just does not happen enough on a consistent basis

16. PCT24

PCT24 Member

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Preach it brother.

Whoever is to blame for building an offense around the team's best offensive player INSTEAD of a "one dimensional player" that "slightly below" Kyle Lowry should be FIRED.

I mean, if you had Kyle Lowry and Kobe Bryant in their primes, who do you build an offense around? Lowry clearly.

1 person likes this.
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Right on! My brain cell count dropped significantly reading that. In fact, I couldn't even finish it.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Lin does seem to suffer from younger brother syndrome next to Harden. And McHale never did get away from the, "What, you're bringing back Lin, didn't we cut that guy?" syndrome.

He's like Mary's husband Joseph talking to the son of his own flesh (we'll call him James) and pointing at Harden, saying, "James, why can't you be more like your brother Jesus?"

But MAN, LOF rants are funny. And kinda eye-popping.

Lin will be an All Star on his next team, just you watch. :grin:

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

You got it backwards. Supporting a team while they are contenders does not constitute to being a fan. Supporting a team when we had the Lowry, Scola, Hayes lineups makes you a fan. Supporting a team with Francis, Mobley, and Matt Bullard makes you a fan.

It's easy to support a team when they have a true and legitimate chance of getting a ring. But for us, we will support no matter what. We will be dissapointed when we don't make the playoffs, or when we get the 14th pick for the 3rd year in a row. At least we'll be there for our team.

If you're going to be a LOF, fine with me. I can't stop you and, yes at least you're cheering for my team. However, don't put "true Rockets fans" in quotations like your loyalty can be compared to us. And when we're talking about the possibility of getting Melo or Lebron, don't come on here and only talk about Lin and how he is loved everywhere, there's a reason we get annoyed of y'all.