1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should go to the Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogtag, Jun 23, 2014.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

Ouch! That has got to sting the butt hurt tinman, coming from a '99er...

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Whatever. Not news. He's not obligated to keep kissing Rocket ass. He voiced his opinion and that's it.

I personally think he's wrong, btw. But that's because I love me some Rockets.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The fan base (me) turned on him when he quit on us and his teammates in Toronto! Another scumbag move by the way!

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he cared enough to lead us to a 22 game win streak. who else has done that for us?

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He just reaffirms. . . . he is no friend.
    For some years. . . around here . . .he could do no wrong
    what did the fans get in return . . . nada. . . .

Rocket River

6. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

T-Mac threads never go well.

We should just acknowledge that there are two sides to this argument, and neither will persuade the other. Some of us love T-mac and remember all the exciting moments (albeit, frustrating injuries) he brought to the Rockets. Others feel that he did not do enough for the franchise and gave up. Who cares? Forum arguments over him won't change anything.

7. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

I completely agree with T-Mac. Melo is a better fit with Chicago. and who would u rather play for Coach Thib or coach McFail?

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

T-Mac is right.... Melo should go to Chi-town and Lebron should go to H-Town.

9. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Well it's not a 22 game win streak but Hakeem did lead us to a 22-1 record to open the 93-94 season. That season ended in a championship so I'm going to go with that over a win streak that resulted in another disappointing playoff exit.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

T-Mac thinks Melo should go to the Bulls because he already knows LeBron is going to Houston!

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

T-Mac might sign for the minimum back with Houston if we get Lebron.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He's not worth then vet min.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never said tmac shouldn't say what he feels.

Rockets fans have heard him say things in the past while he was playing with the rockets that make them wonder his motives .

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd rather they get Clyde drexler from the booth and let him ride one for another ring.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd say McGrady has always had a penchant for saying what he thinks and not worrying if someone's going to be unhappy about it. For this reason, I think his comments about Carmelo are probably just his unvarnished opinion, not a calculated statement to help the Bulls or hurt the Rockets.

16. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I've always thought Chicago would be the perfect fit for Melo...

Also, they're in the East....Melo goes to chicago and instantly they're no2, no 3 seed, healthy D Rose with noah, and if Melo plays D - no 1 seed...

Miami with old wade, girly bosh won't be coming out of the east....pacers have been exposed....that team got issues....

Melo comes to Rockets, it's a crapshoot to come out of the west every year:

Spurs, OKC and Clippers and Memphis (although I think they've peaked now and will be going downhill here on in) will challenge to come out of the west every year.....

Harden and Melo both need the ball too much, and Harden's style of play is no good for the play offs....I've watched him three years in a row now, and he's just pants in the PO.....

17. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

forgot to mention the coach as well....

Thibs is so much better than Mchale it's untrue......

That Chicago team will go to war...man i would love to see Melo, Rose and noah tear up the east...

besides of which Melo is not the answer for the rockets, the way the team is constructed, they need a sharpshooting PF ala kevin Love.....

18. amaru

amaru Member

1) T-Mac is right
    2) He is not a member of this organization...or any other NBA organization
    3) He owes Houston nothing.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

1) that's his opinion, Tmac has been wrong about many things like when he lied to the Rockets about his health

2) He's a minor league pitcher

3) He gave Houston nothing

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That is such a terrible point. Mcgrady shouldn't feel loyalty to clutchfans posters, but he does owe a little something to Les Alexander. To this day he's still welcomed in the Toyota center, court side, not to mention how much s**t the owner put up with his last few years here, while paying him 20+ mil a year