1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should go to the Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogtag, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If you remember correctly Hakeem did run his mouth pretty good towards the end, but he's still the greatest center of all-time.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...ension-fuels-Rockets-run-to-first-5553278.php

As Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said in one of this week's NBA Finals media sessions, "You look at Hakeem, and Hakeem was Hakeem when Hakeem started to play in the league. He didn't become Hakeem; he already was."

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he mentioned the greatest center of all time.

5. pakattak

pakattak Member

I hope Melo comes to Houston, but he IS a great fit for the bulls....

6. deshen

deshen Member

who the heck cares about that loser?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I mean, I don't think he should have said it, but it's not that big of a deal. He was a great player who played for the Rockets, among others. But he isn't a Rockets legend so I don't expect him to always carry the Rockets flag.

8. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

tracy knows we are getting lebron

1 person likes this.
  9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Why would Carmelo care what McGrady thinks?

I do think that Carmelo would fit pretty well into the Chicago lineup, but he would have no idea what he would get from Rose. No idea. Rose played in all of 10 games this past season. I mean look at Dwyane Wade, just two years he was still a pretty good player, but his knee injuries started happening and he declined quickly. Now he is unreliable and looks old. Rose is younger, maybe he can bounce back, maybe he can't. Does Carmelo want to waste the last couple years of his prime on that risk?

If Rose returns to the level that they were, then they would be a great team with Carmelo. If he can't or if he is unreliable or if he gets injured again, a lineup of Butler/Carmelo/Gibson/Noah will be Pacers-like from this last year, good enough to make some noise in the Easter Conference, maybe make the ECF or maybe even the Finals, but that is not going to win any championships.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's trying to save Morey from himself.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

He clearly said they'll be a contender even if Kevin Love doesn't go there as long as they get Melo / Rose is healthy.

Looks like you're the one with a tiny, tiny brain ;)

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not in retirement, though. Hakeem was pretty volatile starting out, too. :)-

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I wish I could turn a blind eye towards his comments! BUT I CAN'T!

I refuse to believe that McGrady is merely giving an opinion! He has been around long enough in the NBA to know how to speak to reporters, and is fully aware of who is in play to receive Melo's services! He knew where he was, who he was talking about , and to who he was pandering to! He could of said everything and ended his opinion with "he should strongly consider Chicago", and that would of been excusable, BUT HE DIDN'T! He ended his opinion by saying "come to Chicago buddy!" That is recruiting, recruiting for a team that he has no ties with and against a former team that is also trying to lure him in! You can excuse his haughtiness all you want, but this was a scumbag move!

(P.S.) I'm not really sold on Mello coming here, so whatever...:eek:

#153 BamBam, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dudes need to chill. McGrady wants Melo focused on Bulls, cause he wants LeBron to Houston. ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, my main man Tracy is all in 4 da king.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TMAC is an ingrate but he was right about one thing - he took a subtle jab at the clueless, incompetent, pathetic Rockets head coach Kevin McHale by praising Thibs and his hard nosed coaching style and emphasis on D.

McHale is a liability that is hurting the Rockets not only on the court which is obvious but off the court as well.

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Melo is a bad fit, we already have a ball-stopping scorer that doesn't defend well in James Harden, we need a defensive wing and a true point guard more than anything on this roster.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I am starting to hate this guy. I recall that he picked the Lakers to win the series in the rockets vs the lakers years ago. It is so stupid to say something like this from a former team leader mouth. What a loser.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's hilarious how people treat McGrady like **** all the time, and then turn around and expect loyalty from him. You know, even if the schism between him and the Rockets was his fault (which I don't believe), the way he got dumped by the team, the barely-contained criticisms from Morey at the time, and the way the fanbase has turned on him, all should be enough at this point to eviscerate any loyalty he might have once felt or deemed expected from him. Why should he do any favors for a team that treated him like the Rockets did? Why should he do any favors for a fanbase who badmouth him like you do? Accept that he's no friend to you.

20. RCPM

RCPM Member

I have never seen so many butt hurt Rocket fans, upset over an opinion, by a guy that supposedly does not matter.