1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damien Inglis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I haven't been as intrigued by this draft because I haven't been sold the Rockets will come away with real talent out of it, considering their need for cap room. I hope to be wrong, but we'll see.

But one guy who has interested me for awhile is Damien Inglis out of France. I heard a week ago or so that he pulled out of the draft so I was disappointed, but I just noticed today that he had changed his mind shortly after and IS in this 2014 draft.

Raw, young (only 19) and has work to do, but great size for a two/three and has a 7-foot-3 wingspan. His defensive potential looks really good.

[youtube]UXkUOmfmj74[/youtube]

[youtube]YIPHg8mTPyg[/youtube]

Seems like a good draft-and-stash candidate for the Rockets. He's currently projected early second round.

[​IMG]

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Rangy Athletic 3-D should be the prime focus from here on out, looks like he has handles too.

3. RubyRubyRooo!

RubyRubyRooo! Member

Since it looks like they are going to miss out on Payton, Inglis should be their 1st round pick. I like Robinson and Capela, but Inglis is more intriguing.

4. basketballholic

He reminds me of a right-handed Terrence _ones. From his height which includes about 6 inches of chicken neck to the rest of his frame to his broke jump shot.

His standing reach is nearly 9 foot which is very nice. Would like to know his vertical. I like his defensive footwork for sure. Looks very versatile with the strength and base to defend post ups. Like how he gets wide in his stance without losing his balance defensively. And I am more optimistic that his jumper could be fixed than I am that Terrence _ones will ever get his _umper fixed. However he needs a shooting coach along the lines of Chip Engelland to help him get that jumper fixed right now while he is young.

Probably worth a 2nd round draft and stash though.

#4 basketballholic, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I've been his fan for a while, and suggested in other threads that him and Jokic as two best steals available in second round. Unfortunately I'm not able to create new thread for long.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Batum part duex?

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Is he athletically comparable to Parsons?