1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's interview on US Today Sports

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kunene, Jun 19, 2014.

1. kunene

kunene Member

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

dwight should lead the recruiting effort.

3. kunene

kunene Member

Here's the transcript of the interview.

4. bmd

bmd Member

That's what I want to hear. Less goofiness.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Obviously Dwight wants Melo here.

6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

now .. who's your momma now. great that we got the matured dwight. ship on sight!

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

sign Melo, trade Harden for Klove. Since McHale is staying, we can have a team like McHale's Celtics with Bird that even he can coach.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its more for the rest of the team than him.
    Like I said, not everyone functions on the grumpy Kobe motor.
    LeBron tried that in 2011 and tried to take a villain-like approach to the game and he said he was miserable.
    Dwight tried that with Kobe on the Lakers and we all saw how that turned out.

We need to stop enforcing our ideals and trying to micromanage every aspect of their lives. Its ridiculous how smiling and laughing equates to not wanting it enough and not trying enough. Dwight has always had that ridiculous stigma attached to him. He dominates and gives you the stats and carries the team yet unless he stops smiling and having fun he's never a true star? Its a stigma I've never understood.

2 people like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man, what a gem of a player. It's always the case that players mature when the environment is right. We've done that for him, and now he has personally decides to take his leadership to the next level and continue improving his game to boot.

Can't believe people thought/think he has character issues. Melo would be as lucky as the Rockets if he decided to come here. It's a great fit. These two guys know time is running out and know what they have to do now. Harden needs to feel the sting of people waving championship rings in front of his face, and I'm sure he will in due course and it's just the process of maturing. This environment will help him do that as well.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agreed. I feel like you play more loose when you're having fun out there...I see no problems with it.

11. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I love Dwight... nothing but respect for him. He turned into our true leader so quickly.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

if dwight sets the tone, then i believe harden will follow, can't believe im saying this .. on the defensive end.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Repped. This is exactly how it should be.

14. Sanity2disChaos

We all forget......it's just a game. One we all love and enjoy but still just a game.

15. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Someone please make an audio track and post it. I am too brain dead to read right now.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

17. kunene

kunene Member

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's the same thing, but it has two parts.

19. kunene

kunene Member

Look closer. Different.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

CYBREX - Lebron isn't that crazy about HOWARD as a PERSON

Understand all vets are not ok with playing around hitting the Nae Nae all the time etc, rondo, kg, Lebron etc probably wouldn't want to be around that

want to be around all that playing all the time.
    what Howard said is great, he's saying he can play like that and still get 25/20 but he wants to set a example for the team in games and practices now. He wants to be more of a leader. It's not about being a DICK like Kobe, it's just less playing, dancing in locker rooms etc. dude has been in the league 10yrs and is about business now. Good thing he noticed it. This team lacked a leader last year.