1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. anchel

anchel Member

Yeah. Well, fortunately Melo is not as dumb as some people think so probably he will choose Chicago. I think you should stop refreshing. Disappointment could be big.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you say he's NOT dumb then say you think he'd choose Chicago over Houston if Houston offered him a contract? Heh, that's funny.

3. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

OK, so we agree about the coaching, but you really think adding 4 more ppg is going to get the Rockets over the hump? At a cost of $20 mil?

Look, I get the reducing Harden's minutes argument, but why not go after a PF who plays D and maybe a consistent, well rounded PG?

4. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

yeah, but who are the players available at those positions? and are they enough?

5. jvu

jvu Member

Not down for melo. Lazy defender. It's a 2 way sport not a one way. His egotistical attitude I'm not interested in that either. Please no.

6. jvu

jvu Member

Interested In 3 way deal where melo goes to GS. We get love. And wolves get klay/fillers.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

You don't want Lazy defender Melo but you want non-defender Love :confused:

8. Nook

Nook Member

Go become a Spurs fan.

9. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

He's not alone in wanting that... I'd rather have Love or LeBron than Melo... I only want Melo if LeBron agrees to play with him in Houston...

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EYV17ydHIgw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Nook

Nook Member

Hilarious...... listening to sports radio in Chicago and they think it is a done deal that Anthony goes to the Bulls.

Brian Windhorst just said that there is a 59% chance that Anthony is a Bull...

All of these "experts" are just telling their target audience what they want to hear.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

ok so it won't be Miami or NY. Down to 28 other teams...

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

i dont understand his logic when he says houston has to get rid of bodies for cap space. miami has to do the same thing.

houston has valuable moveable parts like t jones, asik, and dmo. imagine if morey flipped asik for a 1st round draft pick (might be possible when you look at his playoff performance). knicks need draft picks.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This has been a pretty bad day for us as fans of the Rockets regardless of the accuracy.

Love rumored to GSW
    LeBron being wooed by Pat
    Carmelo leaning towards NYK or MIA ( I don't buy it)
    Horrendous secondary logo.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook, is Chicago willing to give up Taj Gibson? Will ownership eat Boozer's contract? What happens next year with Butler's contract?

16. TheresTheDagger

Wow. Skip making sense while Stephen A. sounds like a fan dismissing Houston as a location.

It is absolutely criminal the way some analysts (Stephen A. and Bill Simmons) are just dismissing the REAL POTENTIAL the Rockets can offer Carmelo. I agree that Miami would certainly be more attractive that Houston, but lets face it...it's a long shot to happen.

All the Rockets need is Carmelo's committment to sign with us, and Morey WILL find a way to create cap space for a max contract either through a sign and trade (should NY be willing) or straight salary dump of Asik and Lin. Granted, that type of salary dump might mean sweetners need to be added, but I'm sure other players/future picks and up to 3 million in cash to whatever teams we are dealing with will entice them to take 2 very serviceable players on expiring deals.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo will never win anything in New York that's for sure.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When do the Rockets ever become real favorites in media eyes?

He'll supposedly Dwight was 50/50 after he told us he was signing here according to ESPN.

THATS WHY I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT THEM

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea, I agree.

The fact that the media is propping up Chicago and Golden State as better options is laughable. I think it's the combination of our city being the most underrated city in the country and the fact that the media hates Dwight.

20. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

that was chris multiple sources broussard