1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Manos

Manos Member

Love would be a great fit here, his long range shooting and rebounding would be huge. Obviously, I'd rather have LBJ, but Love would be my second choice followed by Anthony. Bosh would be a nice piece, but I really don't see him as a max player.

2. deshen

deshen Member

not fan on this at all. He's been on top of the list both on points and rebs, yet his team can not make the playoffs in 6 years?

Twolves will do as good without him, if not better.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Love would be an ideal fit offensively. The problem with Love as everyone has mentioned is other teams have better packages to offer the wolves. This rumor will not materialize.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Carl's level of butt-hurt is strong. Won't even mention Harden by name....

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We won't get Love.

6. jvu

jvu Member

I want love more than LBJ melo.

Love to make our team the good guys

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd rather make our team the Bad guys and win rings.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some that quotes jumped out at me:

"Defensively, well… they’d have a really good offense." (You don't do standup in your spare time, do you, Clutch??)

"Think about this: This is a player that scored more points per game than James Harden and grabbed more rebounds per game than Dwight Howard last season. From an offensive view, there is not a better match out there for Houston’s current needs than Kevin Love."

"As it stands, it doesn’t appear that “winning big” is the only draw for the 25-year old as there haven’t been any reports of him balking at teams like Phoenix, Cleveland, New York, Boston and Los Angeles (Lakers), all teams that missed the playoffs last season just as Love has missed the postseason in all six of his NBA seasons. While it’s difficult to say with certainty, it appears that his minimum requirement is playing basketball in May rather than June.
    "

Keep them coming! I love it, no pun intended.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Love makes most sense given our current roster and desire to keep Chandler Parsons.

However, LBJ would be first pick just because he's LBJ.

God we're so spoiled right now. I feel like a Laker fan.

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

As much as he'd be great on this team, I really don't see Minn. trading him to Houston. I think their best bet is to get GSW to throw in Klay Thompson. It would be hard for them to part with him because he's a fan favorite, but Love makes basketball sense and would make them better, even without Thompson. GSW could take back Martin too to make up for some of their lost shooting (although Martin/Curry would be clear downgrade defensively that may not work for more than short stretches).

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd hate to see another Western Conference team get even better.

11. NotChandlerParsons

Shouldn't this be reversed?

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

LeBron or bust!

13. Lovemachine2000

Hmmm, Love or Le BJ, both are very tempting indeed...

14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's going to HARD to move Love.....The Wolves want the best package for him and rightfully so, but the key is that ANY team that trades for him (and gives into the Wolves's trade demands) that team will want to be assured that Love will resign with them. Giving up the farm for a player that will walk in a year is NOT on the plate for any team. So Love ultimately will have his say on the matter regardless of what the wolves want for him. Because he's a star and the trade will cost the team he's going to; he will have to assure the the team that he wants them as bad as they want him. Leverage is a B!tch

#34 sjackson0, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah. Agreed. We need a real basketball player like Byron Mullens that can come in here and instantly make us a contender for the title.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

There is no Love in Houston.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

kevin love would only improve our rebounding and scoring. but what about our identity?!

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Makes us a shade lighter. and hairier.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would Love make our team the good guys? Love is apparently an egotistical jerk and a bad teammate. Lebron is considered a great teammate.

20. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

I see what you did..