1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Bosh Opts Out, Should He Be Our #1 Priority?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Jun 16, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Maybe I wasn't clear in my post, but I don't think that you and I have a different point of view! I stated that the only one who definitely won't opt out is DWade, which we both agree on.

Lebron has options (staying most likely), and Bosh has options as well! I really believe that if Lebron opts out Bosh will follow suit and opt out as well. I'm not sure Bosh opts out without Lebron opting out though, he's been in 4 consecutive Finals WITH Lebron, and I'm sure that's something he won't take lightly!

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Bosh ? Still waiting for a game which shows me he has the Heart of a Champion !

Nothing to see here.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

With the money the rockets have to pay him, no. Less money would be ok, but I do not think he will come here for less money.

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

LeBron is so clearly the #1 choice it isn't even worth presenting anyone else as a challenger. However, he is going to be the least likely to be available and hardest to get.

Love is the next best player, but he will without a doubt cost Parsons and multiple 1sts in addition to having the same unloading costs with regard to Asik and Lin (with probably a Jones kicker) as any FA. Taking that into consideration he probably moves down below Bosh and Carmelo for me.

Bosh is about a perfect fit next to Dwight. He can stretch the floor and he can defend the 4 1on1 and in the PnR. He can also give you minutes at the 5 as necessary.

Carmelo can play the 4, but has some real deficiencies there defensively and obviously provides no ability to play the 5. He can do everything on offense and really take the pressure off of Harden to create.

I think Bosh and Carmelo are really close in terms of how good they could be for the Rockets. I think the difference that pushes me to Bosh is the fact that with Parsons, it is easier to find a decent weapon along the wing or backcourt to supplement Parsons and Harden, than it is to find an answer to help us defensively against the top 4s in the game. I think this especially true when you consider the cost to acquire that talent. Those guys from 1-3 are far more prevalent and varied in skill, which makes them cheaper to acquire than 4s that can provide real value on both sides of the court and also play spot 5.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

noway
    bosh doesn't like to bang down low
    he doesn't fight for rebound
    i rather have tjones at pf

6. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

To each their own, but I legitimately cannot even fathom this line of thinking.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hyde Park?
    London.
    Luol Deng.

We're getting Luol Deng everybody!

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Melo is not the killed extraordinare but more than Bosh
    The issue is not if BOCH *CAN* do what we need
    the issue is WILL HE

Rocket River
    He seems too comfortable.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rudy Gay? Stat sheet + non discriminatory? Asik + Lin for Gay sounds reasonable. Gay Fish? Kanye West? Lebron going West? Match.com? Love?

Asik + Lin + Parsons to Sacramento ... Pick #8 + Rudy Gay to Minnesota ... Kevin Martin + Kevin Love to Houston. We got our 3rd Superstar, a very good 6th man and MLE to sign Trevor Ariza. Beverly/Harden/Ariza/Love/Howard is the best team in the league bar none.

#69 treyk3, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not liking Bosh here on the type of contract he'd likely demand. He's a SOLID player, but doesn't impact the game enough IMO. He's one of those players that are good enough to demand max money only because of the price ceiling created by the CBA.

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Wifi kind of post is this? Bosh sucks ass! Quit posting

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

The first paragraph is about Melo. His "brother" is JR Smith.

The 2nd paragraph is about Love. "Flipped" Sanders. Any chance we're going after Rubio instead of Love?

The 3rd is about Gay. "Stat sheets" "non-discriminatory" "religion" "expensive". Maybe we think he's cheap at the MLE?

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Match.com....An attempt (however futile) at Kevin Love? Hmn.

I can't see this being any sort of reference to Deron Williams (expensive jewel losing value, right situation...) but the next reference of religions and Teletovic.....naaaaah, can't be. Morey wouldn't be that crazy. Would he? Must be some other less-lustrous blah blah blah.

Mirza Teletovic and Kenneth Faried are Muslims....unless the religion comment is a red herring.

Danny Ainge, Boston Celtics? (Probably this one.)

John Hammond, Milwaukee Bucks?

Larry Bird, Indiana Pacers?

Gar Forman, Da Bulls?

Masai Ujiri, Toronto Raptors?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gawd, if Melo insists on having JR Smith's contract stapled to his own in a trade, then we really don't need him.

Rubio can pass. He can't shoot.

No way Gay opts out of the last year of his deal.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wtf am i misisng here? did i not see chris bosh play like a role player in the entire playoffs? he's been declining faster than i thought. he's no longer a star player. and uhhh, TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS next season. what am i missing with bosh? for 10 mil hell yes. but 20mil, then 22 next season, while he's on the decline? and he doesnt even post up anymore.

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Yay the Finals are over. Draft day season!

Melo is Melo. He'll decide WITH LaLa. He'll go to a team with his brothers or where his brothers are. As we have read, the Zen is already in play. But, sometimes the big lights dim down.

This tells me we will have to take JR Smith or Iman Shumpert in a potential sign and trade. They're his "brothers". His preference is to stay but much like Dwight, he sees the line in the sand.

We're really trying to find the one on Match.com, but sometimes things are flipped and you get oh so close to finding that compatible one. Sometimes you have to go by the Script. We'll see....
    We were trying to trade for Love, but the price wasn't right.

There are plenty of fish in the sea, though some aren't as appealing as others when you first look at them. An expensive jewel eventually loses its value, but the right situation makes it much more valuable than it appears. Sometimes you need a little Houston sunshine to escape stat sheets and the place you hyde in. Morey is non-discriminatory about everything as a good GM. All religions are welcome.
    Bad contracts. I immediately think of Josh Smith and Amare Stoudemire. Perhaps we might sign Greg Monroe? "Escape stat sheets" and "non-discriminatory" sound like a trade for Deron Williams and Jason Collins.

If all else fails, I'm sure Morey will find a draft pick and choose wisely. Draft night can be bitter cold when you're looking to strike gold with your team. But, Morey has a great working relationship with guys that have won executive of the year previously.

This kind of speaks for itself.

Love ya'll. Cryptic out of respect, but this one is easy. When I get to talk to my "friends", I get inspired about our Rockets. Love this team!

Flame away.

-Cod

17. rvpals

rvpals Member

I've been watching Chris Bosh ever since he went into the league. He tends to disappeared too much. Great talent no doubt, but no someone that you can count on.

18. pass_to_Hakeem

I would trade every player on HOU's team not named Dwight...... for Lebron!!!!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bosh should be our #1 priority if the 8 or so better possible FA's go somewhere else.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Codman spoke of a few players (Melo, Love and others) but posting this in the Bosh thread tells me that Morey hasn't lost his man-crush on Bosh and wants to bring the iPad back to Houston. If he wants Bosh over Melo then I can see our pick going to NY and this going down:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pajs78h

It wouldn't be my first choice but the outgoing pieces exceed the incoming pieces. Plus we still have MLE and the bi

Howard
    Bosh
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverly