1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How happy are you with our current situation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jun 17, 2014.

Tags:
?

How are happy are you with the state of the team now and moving forward?

1. I hate this team.

4.2%
  2. Unhappy.

10.2%
  3. Dissatisfied.

18.6%
  4. Neutral.

7.2%
  5. Satisfied.

10.8%
  6. Optimistic.

52.1%
  7. I love this team.

22.8%
  8. OPTIONAL: I hate our coach.

38.9%
  9. OPTIONAL: I hate our players.

3.0%
  10. OPTIONAL: I hate our GM.

3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why? What's to love about this team? They underachieved. Several of them(specifically Harden and Parsons) didn't show much heart in the postseason. Their GM is talented, but an egomaniac. Their owner is clueless. And their coach....well, no need to even talk about him.

Now that doesn't mean I hate this team. And it doesn't mean I won't watch their games next season(albeit not as often as last year). But it does mean that I've reached a point after nearly 2 decades where they gotta start showing me something before I get emotionally invested in them again.

And that doesn't make me a bandwagon fan as I'll still follow them regardless(I'm on here right now, aren't I?). But if they expect me to shell out my hard-earned money for tickets or merchandise or watch an entire game instead of the last 10 minutes, give me a reason.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like some players but no homo I don't love them.:eek:

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say things like "bottom 10 of all time?"

There are coaches with over 5 seasons of experience who have sub .400 winning percentages. Is McHale a worse coach than Elgin Baylor? Lon Kruger? Richie Abudato? Johnny Davis? Jerry Reynolds? Randy Wittman? Bill Musselman? Tim Floyd? Brian Winters? Sidney Lowe?

4. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

If McHale can be instrumental in us landing a 3rd star, then I have 0 problem with him remaining the head coach. We will hire top notch assistants and they can cover the X & O's/game planning for him; he would be there as a motivational figure. Acquiring the 3rd star is priority #1 though.

5. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I don't understand why being realistic is equated with being a bad fan. It takes a lot more courage to admit to what is wrong and propose a solution on how to fix it than sticking your head in the sand and pretending this team is a contender.

7. Smook

Smook Member

No, because of our coach. Also we need an upgrade for our bench. Other than that I'm happy ;)

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Optimistic and I love this team. Stars are the hardest things to get in the NBA. We have two and are on our way to three in just 3 off-seasons. Do I miss the heart and hustle of Lowry/Landry/Hayes? Yes. Do I miss missing the playoffs every year? No.

I love our team. Would I want Lebron or Durant over Harden? Yes. I think Dwight played like a top 5 player in the playoffs and showed me that he DOES have potential to improve on the offensive end to the point of domination. I think Harden has a lot to learn. I think he wants to win and people confuse his mannerisms for apathy. I would feel hopeless if I have never seen passion from Harden. I would feel hopeless if I didn't watch him fit so well in OKC -- showing his ability to play many different styles. He can be the elite scorer at times or be the play maker -- which is better than players like J. Johnson or Carmelo. But, he is still very young and needs to learn consistency and continue to learn when the time is right. I would feel hopeless if I didn't see Harden play lock down defense at times in OKC or lock down defense on some power forwards this year. He has the ability to... so, it's not hopeless.

Our fans are just so impatient. I love our team; dislike our Houstonians who watch the Rockets (not to be confused with Rocket fans). I don't understand it, either. We have one of the brightest futures in the WHOLE NBA. I can't think of 4 teams who have a brighter future than we do -- given the fact that our stars are locked up, we have young, cheap talent, and still have flexibility to make a move or two. I don't think people get that when you get a player like Harden, you usually have to guy your team. Usually, when you get a player like Howard, you usually have to gut your team (players + future picks). Hell, not us. We have BOTH of them in two years and the biggest sacrifice we have made is Lowry and Dragic (Pretty sure Dwight/Harden > Lowry/Dragic) -- which, if we wanted, we can easily pay Lowry his market value to come back (even if you disagree with that, this point is my least most important point in the whole post). But, instead, we are chasing bigger fish.

What a great time to be a Rockets' fan. It's a shame so many people are missing it.

1 person likes this.
  9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I am not happy with the team which lost the first round first in West with the HCA. All other teams went to the seven game series in the first round in West except the rockets. Optimistic? If we can get Melo or a new coach, otherwise, there is no optimistic for a champion run with current team unless you are talking a 55 win in the regular season, and lose the playoffs again before going into the deep run.

10. conquistador#11

until they play for each other, I will not consider this a team. Just a bunch of individuals fighting for their own glory. 2009 was the last team we saw here. shoot RR, I'd take the 2009-2010 but add asik and they would crush this current "team".

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Only 1 team wins. You want to invest in a home team for your own entertainment. To do that you want a fighting chance to win, personalities you want to identify with, a front office that you trust.

I loved my 2013 Rockets, good guys, entertaining basketball, great future ahead. Hell, I got Comcast just to be able to watch them.
    Dwight is everything I want my local star to be.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have mixed feelings about this group of players.

On the one hand, I am glad that we are no longer in the 14th pick treadmill. We have very good potential with some young stars and young role players.

On the other hand, this team is not a high character team so far. Other than Howard and Beverley (and maybe Lin and DMo), none of them showed any hunger or humility, which is essential for a young team to improve. I hope this is just immaturity.

Character is a tricky thing. It takes many, many years for some guys (e.g. Zach Randolph) to mature. Some very talented guys never do and thereby underachieve. That's what worries me. We are talking about possibly getting Melo and he has not had a good track record in terms of being a mature competitor.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

My thoughts exactly.

And could not agree more about fan impatience.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What about Parsons though?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What's love got to do with it

16. RubyRubyRooo!

RubyRubyRooo! Member

I don't hate the coach, i'm just not crazy about him.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We actually won a title in 94-95 and from my knowledge everybody LOVED the Rockets that year. So before you mention championships, let's focus on getting out the 1st round first:rolleyes:

Great spot? After a disappointing season? Not exactly. We have a very long way to go until we're taken serious. Our coach is a joke. Our GM thinks he's a celebrity and spends too much time on twitter. One of our best players refuses to defend, and we have Jeremy Lin & Omer Asik's contract holding us hostage. Dwight is our biggest brightspot. But how long will it be until he start pouting about not getting out the 1st round? How long will it be before he starts calling Harden out for not giving 100% on defense? The next 2 seasons can either be beautiful or disasterous

18. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Right on man. This place is like the twilight zone, where knowledgeable fans are bashed and the uninformed rule supreme. Anyone voicing concerns about the team is labeled a hater or not a real fan. They want you to cough up your money and sit there and be quiet.

Look around, and you'll see that nobody seem to noticed that we brought in the league's best center and still exited the 1st round. If that doesn't tell you we misused him, I don't know what will.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dissatisfied. We're good, but not good enough to win.

Meanwhile, the West keeps getting better.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like a lot of players on our team, but I don't love the team. They haven't come together the way that the old Scolandry, Brooks, Lowry Rockets did. I sense a lot of sulking and entitlement in their body language while watching games. I see motor issues everywhere. I see confusion and a lack of progression over time.

I voted neutral. There's too much talent for me to be dissatisfied, but until I can see a direction for the roster, I'm still not satisfied. Squandering talent is worse than watching underdogs scrap for pride.

1 person likes this.