1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Most pirated program ever

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dear Lord this thread can get unbearable.

3. Nero

Nero Member

I remember the exchange between the two men, but I seem to recall that Ned was not being particularly forthcoming about the issue, and was likely not being entirely honest with Robert about it either.

My guess is that Jon's mother is far more than 'someone named Wyla' .. of course, I could be totally wrong, but with Ned gone, there would be essentially no hope at all of Jon (and consequently us, the watchers) ever finding out the 'truth' about his mother. And it's been made such a big deal, in fact the first part of your own post indicates that it must be something which will eventually somehow become known, that my gut feeling is there has to be more to the story than just some random woman named Wyla.

Moving on to another question:

Which of the Starks remains un-avenged?

Arya is running out of people to avenge herself upon.

I mean.. Joffrey caused Ned's death. Tywinn ultimately caused Cate & Robb's death. Even the Hound is dead now.. (right?)

Hell, I thought the Mountain was dead, but apparently now he's going to become Frankenstein. Didn't see that one coming. So I am not totally assuming the Hound is gone for good just yet, but it doesn't look too good for him. (Looked worse for the Mountain though.. just sayin..)

So who is left for Arya to go after? The Frays and the Boltons, I assume. Maybe ultimately LittleFinger?

Another question:

It was cool and all how Stannis showed up north of the wall with an army, just in time to stop Mance's 'army'.. but.. Stannis was not there to stop Mance.. he was there to deal with the White Walkers. How did he even know about Mance's invasion? If it's a book thing, just say it's a book thing and leave it at that, but if they explained it in the show, I missed it.

4. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The season is over. Let it all out.

I think this is the difference between the two houses in this thread. Ragher and all those back stories might be important to book readers enjoyment. To a show watcher, those details don't mean much and it has no impact on the enjoyment of the show. Sometimes book readers post side details but it reads like a spoiler. Show watchers can't tell the difference. It's probably best to not post something unless it is prominent on the show. I really appreciate your consideration, unlike some others who are just trolling us with their insufferable book reading credentials and their innocent "theories" for discussion.

Next season, we probably need a thread to just talk about the show and no book details allowed. But some book readers will just take a dump on it anyways.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

Hello everyone, would y'all like to hear another theory?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Freys and Boltons clearly need to be taken out, the Freys in particular.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Please take it to the other thread. Enough damage has already been done.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Theon's betrayal had him front and center but the dude has been tortured to the point you feel sorry for him.

Ramsey is the most hated character left IMO. I can just picture Arya taking needle and thrusting it up Ramsey's dick like a catheter.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

All you are doing at this point is being an *******. Just walk away.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I appreciate GRRM's material too much to ruin it for someone else. The "ah ha" moments that I had were too fun. I hope that conversations about the story open peoples curiosity to the point where they want to read the books as well. They are some of, if not the very, best reading that I have enjoyed.

#1810 Master Baiter, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're done.

1 person likes this.
  12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

book spoiler (by the tv show)

do not read if you are reading the books
    jojen reed dies

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch.

I hope some people will be more considerate now.

Also thanks to the book readers that show self restraint. There are more of you than people give credit for.

Others just whine that everything they post is a spoiler, which is annoying and passive aggressive. (real life issues much?)

#1813 Invisible Fan, Jun 17, 2014
  14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i hope this is true. this guy has really been nothing but an annoying prick his entire time here on clutchfans.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm more disappointed at the fact that I have to wait 9 months to find out what happens to everyone.

What do you think happens to Ellaria Sand? Is she just going to go back to Dorne?
    Will we see Jaqen H'ghar again next season? Dude was a legend in season 2-3. Him and Bronn are my favorite minor characters. H

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

What is passive aggressive about desiring a thread free of spoilers, or any potential book-influenced chatter? There are 2 threads, and, in most people's minds, this one is intended exclusively for TV show-related discussion, as if the books never existed. Spoiler tags should never even be necessary in this thread.

If that isn't clear enough, or if most of us have misunderstood the purpose of this thread, maybe we should take the poster's suggestion from a few weeks ago who said we should start yet another thread in the future that book readers (the ones with self-restraint or otherwise) are simply not welcome to post in.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not talking about you. I'm refering to people like LosPollosHermanos who thinks he's clever by passive aggressively whining that this thread is too spoiler sensitive and he can't have any fun.

What's done is done. I've spent too much belly aching for one day.

#1817 Invisible Fan, Jun 17, 2014
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Show is great obviously, but I really want to give credit to the intro song and the ending music. They've done the ending music so well every episode this season. They cue it up at awesome moments.

The season finale's music playing with Arya riding off, looking to the horizon was goosebump inducing.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That guy was an ass, not just in this thread.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

For example? If you're going to accuse me of something, provide some ****ing evidence. If you're talking about me stating that Ned Stark will become a talking dragon after he is revived with the Dragonballs, I don't think I even need to validate that with an explanation.