1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

2 rings and 4 finals appearances in 4 years is a failure? 31 pts/10 rebs/5 assists = CHOKE? Instead of posting on the board why don't you go look up the meaning of the word "choke" and educate yourself, because you apparently don't know what choking means.

I think the Miami experiment was indeed a success, esp. for Lebron because the 2 rings validated his greatness and shut up the "LBJ called Kobe and he let it ring 5 times before answering" peanut gallery. If LBJ had stayed in Cleveland it's quite possible he would still be ringless by this point and playing with the likes of Anthony Bennett and that "best sg" joker instead of Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen. For Miami they got 3 rings in like 9 years, not a bad run considering Houston still has 2 after 2+ decades. I don't know where LBJ will end up next, hopefully he stays in Miami and they replace Bosh with Melo.

2. Mr. Space City

be warned you guys are arguing with kobe trolls.

3. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Every hall of game star the add his legacy goes down further

4. mingthething

mingthething Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;LeBron, what stopped you guys from a three-peat?&quot; <a href="http://t.co/a2jXnlgCeI">pic.twitter.com/a2jXnlgCeI</a></p>&mdash; Illy (@ThatsiLLYES) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThatsiLLYES/statuses/478360999309737986">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm not reaching. You should listen to critics of Kobe. He played on team with Smush Parker & Kwame Brown and was STILL criticized for not winning a series. You cant have it both ways

6. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

LOL NBA fans who blame the only guy who came to play this series

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I heard them critics and i would have told them the same thing GoRox.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Technically Lebron stopped them from a 3 peat first with his failure to step up against Dallas their 1st year.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Honestly 2011 and 2014 were just fated to be losses.
    Dirk singlehandedly won them the championship in 2011. Karma for 06.
    The Spurs ball movement just completely overwhelmed Miami's already regressed defense. Karma for 12.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well if Lebron played like he did this series back in 2011 I think Miami would have won.

I agree with you on the Spurs series though, they moved the ball great and shot lights out whether it was good defense or bad defense. Still sucks the help for Lebron wasn't there this time I was hoping for an epic 7 games series with close games.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I predicted 7 games series as well.
    Of course I assumed the role players for the Heat would have stepped up like before other than just Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.

12. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Who can you guarantee that would've played better than wade and bosh? No one. Lebron got the best help he can get. It's just not meant to be.

13. downbytheriver

Ie- He's not MJ. He's not Shaq. Better overall player than Kobe, not a better winner. Never had that MAGIC the greats could do, even if it was at the expense of efficiency.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Magic? You must mean coaching and role players.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Lol what? You can't honestly believe this.

16. VanityHalfBlack

It's the system.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Sounds like you define magic as your own personal biases.

LeBron, purely as a player, is top-3 of all time. It's a ****ing insult to compare him, as a player, to the Kobes of the past. He's so much better that's it's not even funny.

He's still building his legacy so people like to knock him down the list by comparing his career accolades to guys who finished their careers.

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Lebron avg 28 points with 57% field goal percentage. Lebron was by far the best player in the series and the Spurs were the best team in the series.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You cannot put this on LeBron. It's exhausting to carry an organization on your shoulders.

The entire Heat team just looked worn out.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The Spurs were the better team...all around. They almost took it all last year too.

The Spurs went in knowing Lebron would get his. Pop is a smart guy. Shut down Wade. Shut down Bosh. Shut everyone down but Lebron. Let him get his and shoot well. Let the locker room drama take over. Let Lebron and the media start blaming the rest of the team for not pulling their weight, when its actually the Spurs playing the head game. This is what makes the Spurs such a great team. They trust each other. They are not worried about individual stats. Timmy isn't trying to win the FMVP. He inspires his teammates to give it all and gives the chance to Leonard for FMVP.