1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi or Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 15, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who would you rather have?

1. Harden

170 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. Leonard

94 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. Neped

Neped Member

Love the way when Leonard makes a three, he doesn't pound his chest. So humble.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So...there are 2 extremes. The local folk on here that can't tolerate any criticism towards Harden considering he is a very flawed star, and those that want to trade him for a can of beans.

Carl isn't on either extreme, IMO. Its a legitimate question, the Finals MVP is the highest honor you can attain in the game and Kiwi's impact isn't just felt on the stat sheet, he affects the game in so many ways.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gonna be a long offseason? Thanks to Harden, the long offseason for the Rockets started a month ago. The Spurs shorter offseason starts today.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man be satisfied with Harden CH. Lol

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We all knew we wasn't going to the Finals this season. Lol come on mayne

6. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

If Leonard can create his own shot next year, then I'll take him over Harden. As of now though, I'm not really sure if his offensive impact is due to his talent or just because the Spurs system runs so well, especially when players like Patty Mills played like a god.

Hopefully Harden learns to play at least adequate defense during the regular season, and turns it up in the entire playoff rather than in the last 5 minute. For now though, it's Harden.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I miss the days when Carl Herrera used to try with his troll and make up quirky titles. Now? He's putting as much work on his trolling as Harden does on defense.

8. King901

King901 Member

Carl or LOF?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Leonard cost the Spurs the championship last season with his missed FTs.....and he bounced back strong - we hope Harden does the same.

DD

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Someone with a brain on clutchfans.

Leonard is a humble, low profile, extremely talented, very young guy who played exvellent defense on James and held his own on offense. Yes he can create if you bothered watching thr finals. He also knows how to play within the great system the Spurs have.

I would take him in a heartbeat over Harden.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It's hard for me to look at what Lebron did in these 5 finals games and say man someone really held him in check.

The most extreme LOFs still have him beat, but he's putting in some serious offseason work to work on overtaking them.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Along these lines --

[​IMG]

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is why Durant is not a champion - he doesn't have that understanding yet, still needs to mature.

It is not the system - it is the PLAYER.

DD

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Indeed DD

All that dancing before the game needs to stop.

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it's people's perception. the only person that stopped lebron was lebron. he's too unselfish and needs a more scoring mentality when his team isn't holding up their end (I was rooting for the Spurs if that matters and not a Heat/Lebron fan). Harden actually held Wesley in check for most of the series.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So the question "Kawhi or Parsons" has changed to "Kawhi or Harden"? Chandler Parsons is
    pissed off.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

If both are to be on a same team, I would rather have Harden. But with Kawhi on the Spurs team and Harden on the Rockets? No sure.

My point is, sorry Morey, coaching does matter.

After the Spurs got Duncan with the first over-all pick, they had not had a good pick since. Manu was 57th pick, Parker 28th, and now Kawhi 15th. Park and Kawhi both are final MVP. Boris Diaw, who was waived by the Bobcats two years ago, has also magically become a good player in many's eyes.

Do the Spurs draft well or coach well?

Should I dream that Milk Hair is half as good as Pop?

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This place really has been overrun by trolls

Well it's either trolls or stupidity of the highest level and me having too much faith that this many idiots couldn't clump together on one medium size message board.

#78 Aleron, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  19. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

With Pop, harden can play like young wade or get his fat ass out of this team.

20. jvu

jvu Member

Leonard. 22. Younger. Elite Defender. No Ego. Lebron hate's being guarded by him. Just absolutely dominated this series.