1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley on Rockets: "I really want my paycut money back."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Jun 14, 2014.

1. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

If we would have got the same production out of Pippin that he gave in Portland we would have been much better off. When he began to play the Point Forward position it really helped to prolong his career and put him in a better situation to be successful.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

So was he full of crap then or is he full of crap now.

Obviously both but when was he lying more?

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I agree brother . He wanted a championship , everybody knew that and he played like it.

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

He sucked, you can't blame Houston for that , missing shots, blaming others, getting burnt on defense.

No what ifs. Every rocket fan saw what Pippen was about.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't he say something along the lines of 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em'?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He probably does deserve it back.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pippen was the devil. There's no other way to describe it.

8. BamBam

BamBam Member

(Homer Alert!)

I see and hear totally the contrary from Barkley! To me, he takes every opportunity he gets to put down the city of Houston and the Rockets organization. The video of the Barkley kissing the donkeys rear end proves what I'm referring to! He was so adamant about the Rockets being fools for picking Yao Ming that he stuck his foot in his mouth :)grin:) and offered to kiss Kennys rear end, if Yao scored 19pts! His disdain for Les,in regards to his paycut has him attacking the Rockets! If he has a beef with Les/Pippen then publicly go after them! Don't go after the Rockets/Houston (that's a huge umbrella), be a man and publicly direct your anger towards them!

There it is! He can't seem to find enough ways to insult the Houston Rockets organization! It was Les, HE SIGNS THE CHECKS! Why doesn't he go after him personally? I guess Les has a bigger bite than we give him credit for and Barkley doesn't have the cajones to stand up to him directly!...:eek:

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Didn't he gamble all his money away?

10. studogg

studogg Member

I honestly don't remember the promise from the organization to reimburse him for taking less in order to get pippen. With that said, not sure how we could have ever made good once the quad gave on him unless it was through a personal services contract which wouldn't have been likely as a short term rocket.

What I do remember was how he and Hakeem weren't cohesive on the court because they needed the same block to work. Basically made it a rotation with others standing around.

I did enjoy him in the uniform, but I also completely misjudged 3 things:

Where horry and cassell were in their careers (thought they'd peaked)
    How much Hakeem had left in the tank (man the decline was precipitous)

11. Fantasma Negro

Apparently he spends a lot on hookers

12. ds888

ds888 Member

Regardless of what Barkley says now about Houston, he played hard while he was here. I was younger then, but I remember he was dominant in the playoffs before tearing his tricep. Even on the downside of his career, he was able to dominate in the post, leading to the "Barkley rule".

Pippen may not say anything bad about Houston, but I hold Barkley in higher regard because he actually tried.

Regarding Yao, I think that was due to Barkley thinking that Chinese people and tall people are soft. Yao happened to be both. Just Barkley being a knucklehead.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

That sounds like something any professional athlete would say. What else is he going to say in public??? What they really are thinking inside their head is a different story. He gave up money for a chance at the chip. Seems like a selfless act for the "betterment of the team". I don't see how any Rockets fan can really be pissed at him.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Dude that wasn't a hooker. They would have mentioned it

15. count_dough-ku

If that's true, then Chuck has every reason to be PO'd at Les and the Rockets organization. Remember, he was with the Suns in 1994-95 when Danny Manning wanted to play there so badly that he took around a million bucks with the understanding that Phoenix would pay him a lot more after that initial season(granted, the salary cap rules were very different back then). And even though he blew out his knee halfway through the season, Jerry Colangelo took care of him in the offseason and gave him a huge contract. I'm not a big fan of under the table agreements, but if you make one, then it's probably best to stick to your word.

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Fake rockets fans hate him.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Pretty tired of this Houston victim mentality. Barkley has his own reasons from his personal experiences that nobody here is in a position to grasp. Atleast he's consistent. He was a bulldog on the court, a risk taker, and now he's not afraid to speak what's on his mind. Seems pretty alpha to me. Houston victim mentality is as beta as it gets. Please don't shame Houston with that attitude, its not a good look.

18. BamBam

BamBam Member

Meh!! Typical response when someone doesn't agree with you. BTW, I don't hate him! Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Breh, I have not mentioned anything about his production or the lack there of. It was what it was! He took a risk (your words) and it backfired on him! He needs to keep reminding himself that no one forced him to do anything! He signed that contract of his own fee will! If he thinks he got screwed by Les than he needs to take him to court, or at least direct his anger towards him, instead of Houston/Rockets!

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley does not hate the Rockets. it's a myth. When the Rockets are pretenders he says so, when we are good he says so.

We've been through lots of superstars, the last one who got us to the WCF and legit chance to make the finals was Barkley.

I agree , if Barkley didn't get it in writing from Les about this under the table deal, then he's a fool. Don't trust Les Alexander .

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

His last two years, he half-assed it on the rare occasion that he wasn't injured. He made Harden seem like a candidate for DPOY. I'm sure the Rockets want their money back after those two years of total apathy.