1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Houston Should Trade Eddie Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SteadyBallin, Jun 4, 2003.

?

Should Houston Trade Eddie

1. Please,We Need Bonafied PF

39 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Maybe It Would Help

13 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Not Sure lets Wait And See

74 vote(s)
    45.1%
  4. No Eddie Is What We Need For The Future

46 vote(s)
    28.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SteadyBallin

SteadyBallin Member

The reason Houston should trade Eddie Griffin is because,they are trying to make him out to be another Robert Horry?I think the worst trade Houston ever made was sending Richard"SchoolBoy"Jefferson and those 2 other picks to New Jersey.Look at it though Jefferson is having a great second year with the Nets and the Rockets are out searching for a new coach.The Nets are in the NBA Finals for a second straight season due in large part to Richard Jefferson.Eddie Griffin gets arrested for for possesion of some "Incerdible Hulk"(ya'll kno what I mean).He has played lack a dazical to say the least the past two years and when he was given the chance to shine he just dissappeared without a trace.I was a fan of Griffin in college but he has shown little(wait he did have a handful of games where he did show flashes of greatness but that was in between 2 years of playing not a stretch to where we can say Houston did a good job in getting him)enthusiasim in his game.What Griffin needs to do is go to a team where he can shine like candy paint on a Escalade in 90 degree weather in July.Here in Houston he wont get it not with "The Franchise And The Dynasty" looming on the horizion.Houston should just put Eddie on the trade block and see what they can get.And I guarantee you that they will get a player who is willing to work and play some defense.Help Houston get into the play-offs instead of just walking around looking like a taller version of "The Big Sleep"(Tracy McGrady for those who dont know).Now if Houston was smart they should have traded for Drew Gooden instead of Eddie Grffin.That would have been a nice addition to go along with Yao Ming Steve Francis.I mean hey in mid-season when you have no PF to really stand out for you ,you should make a change and help take some of the pressure off of Steve Yao and Cuttino.And as for Griffin I think he has over stayed his welcome in Houston.A trdae is needed and fast.

Holla At Cha Boy

2. CrazyJoeDavola

I think at this point, you definitely give Griffin one more season with a different coach and improved players around him. However, if has a mediocre 3rd year, then trade him for what you can.

3. Ankich

Ankich Member

I find this thread to be blindingly coherent, very well-formatted, with excellent grammar and punctuation, and above all, amazingly original.

[​IMG]

4. rocketsball2003

hindsight is 20/20.... so if griff breaks out his 4th year when we traded him in his 3rd year that means egg on our face... but if we keep him after his 4th and he just falls off them we have egg on our face...

so what we should do is leave it up to the pros (you know the GM Coach and scouts) and just shut up about thing we have no control over...

but if you have a crystal ball can you tell me the lotto numbers for next week???

5. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

I'd keep him for next season and if he doesn't shows any improvements then we should trade him right away! If he can atleast average double figures in points and bring up his rebounding and assists then I'd give him another year!

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Redemption Song...

7. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

I seriously hope your being sarcastic, reading it again.. it does sound like you are, just to get things straight with steadyballin.. RJ plays with new jersey.. and EG plays with Houston, now can everyone get over that 2 year old trade..

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Posted by Macbeth:
    My favorite Marley song.

I am surprised from reading the threads here that 69% (so far) think we shouldn't trade Eddie, but I absolutely believe it's the right call.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It also has a poll, something that is severly lacking in posts these days...:D

10. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

THANX YOU!! We can't get those picks back so get over it!! If Eddie turns out a bust its not the Rockets fault its his cuz he was considered the best guy in the draft so its his fault!:rolleyes: So he is the LOSER!:(

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i say we the only roster moves that should be made is to add vets by useing our MCE and million dollar exception.

lets see how the new coach uses our team, and then decide what we need. expect a big trade before the deadline next year. (griff or cat)

12. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Richard Jefferson would not be as good as he is now with the Rockets. He would not have Kidd feeding him every other time down the court. Jefferson is good, but Kidd makes him better.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This is not a dream its reality! We wont get much out of Griff till either a Miracle effects Francis or we get a definite playmaker.
    I would only consider trading Griffin if he was involved in a major trade for a player like ELTON BRAND Otherwise we should develop him. I think a personal Coach would help.

14. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Just because we don't have control doesn't mean we can't express pur opinions.

:D :D :D :D :D

15. Raven

Raven Member

EG has almost zero trade value, so they might as well keep him and hope he improves.

That does not mean he should be the starter though.

JVG needs to demote EG to the bench and make him earn minutes.

Raven

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If we wait till then players like Elton Brand will be under a big contract and wont be had under any circumstance. We should act now to get the players that we obviously need- A Point Guard, A Power Forward and a consistant outside shooter.

The Rox Game has been the Francis and Mobes Show for Four Years and their selfish Game has taken hold of the Rockets. We need to change our mind set and the way we are going to do this is by replacement, with players that play the team Game. If Francis moves to the Two Guard he will either be forced into becoming a team player[and not enjoy it] or he will become Cat #2,then this becomes another problem!
    If we dont realise that this is a serious problem facing the Rockets, then expect another season just like last year. Then the only hope is that Yao Ming gets MAD at the way things are and demands full inclusion/ or a trade. ( This wont happen because YM wants our team to be a Team.)

17. SLA

SLA Member

I wanted to trade him too! But I don't think he has anymore trade value! I think Eddie is just as good as Richard Jefferson..EXCEPT HE AIN'T GOT NO CONFIDENCE AND HE NEVER GETS THE BALL! Hopefully..with the new coach...he will get better. AND STOP SMOKIN that bad stuff.

But another topic.

Do you think the new coach will start Mo Taylor instead of Eddie Griffin...if we don't trade either one or get another guy?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If you can get an established power forward using EG as the bait, then do it.

Zach Randolph is already kicking A and he's been in the league just as long and was drafted #18.

19. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

ship eddie and his blunts to the trailblazers he will be a perfect fit.

20. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Nine posts and three threads started. Maybe I'll learn how to use that ignore function.