1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin live on SI Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fighton, Jun 10, 2014.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

Thank you for only taking two minutes to spike my set, it means a lot.

2. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I wish I saw Jeremy Lin here on the streets... :(
    people in Houston are lucky but not for too much longer.

3. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Engaging interview. Very candid. Lin was a good sport to Marc Lamont Hill, but he didn't undersell himself either. He seemed relaxed and understood that he has established himself as a solid NBA player and has a chance to be a top 10 PG in the league with the right opportunity.

4. ChippedToothLin

This should be moved to the Dish

5. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

haha the part where he said players are still confused about what mchale is trying to establish....

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Lin is not worried because ex-Rocket point guards have a legacy of success, i.e. Lowry/Dragic/Livingston.

7. timyeung

timyeung Member

McHale then screamed "Play Harder!" so there would be less confusion. He then screamed "The ball is too sticky" but is too scared to mention the sticky player's name.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Lin is getting wild.LOL

10. imaginedragons

I don't understand this obsession with stars. Houston has 2 right now and it should be more than enough if you have the right system. There are always several ways to win and loading your roster with stars is one way but if you already have a couple, then maybe a more realistic fix would be to get a good head coach and system in place.

Just check out the Finals right now. Spurs (filled with nice guys, btw) with 1 star plus Parker and Ginobili who both essentially got their careers untracked in their 4th-5th years vs the Heat, the team built with stars. Both have won rings and are in the thick of getting another one now.

I think the Rockets have the better chance of succeeding by putting a coach with a winning system with Howard, Harden and complementary role players, regardless of whether their names are Lin, Asik, Parsons, etc. than getting the cap space, then getting a superstar and sticking Howard, Harden and the 3rd star in the current system that's going nowhere

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin himself knows that he is an average middle of the pack player, yet LOF's make him out to be the All Star or a superstar provided he is in the right system, not marginalized, not dealing with a racist organization etc etc LOL

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. You don't think Parker is a star?
    2. Ginobli maybe too hold to be a star now, but he is still better than anyone we have as a 3rd option.
    3. Stars win rings. Period.

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Why are we lucky? :confused:

15. imaginedragons

Parker most definitely was not a star in the first five years of his career and ginobili is better than any of our 3rd options because, same with Parker, he was given room to grow in an organized system which brought title contention for many years to come, not short term star fixes. Look at Lowry and dragic, if they had been patient with them...

With the right coach, system and patience, we can develop stars and win championships for years. With free agent stars, we may win one or two with luck.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I hope McHale was watching these finals and understand how to coach a little bit better. :(

17. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Oh, this was a very lighthearted interview , nice :grin:

Lin was as straightforward as he can be without laying blame on who's fault it was why he didn't get re signed in NYC and just pushed on with his new career in Houston.

And although he was removed from the starting line up, he didn't give up and just tried to worked on what was asked of him, which frankly Im not too shock since the guy has proven he has an astronomical perseverance, not giving up his dream to play basketball despite it all, from issues of racism down to his skills that may fall short by NBA standards.

He'll only continue to improve even if he is criticized, since our opinion wouldn't really matter squat if he finds contentment in what he does, and will continue to play. If he has listened to all the negativity surrounding him, I don't think he would've done anything at all in his life where he will be happy.

Thankfully, Jeremy does not know personally all of his detractors so I guess those people will just fester in their anger and discontent and Jeremy would only hear about it through the grapevine, because the world of internet, although it caters to everybody worldwide, is still just a one dimension part of life.

Hopefully he goes to a better team this year where he will be able to play his type of game, starting late November 2013 up to now I think he has really improved a lot. I just hope he can maintain consistency though. He still has 4 years to go before he turns 30, so yeah, there is still a lot of room for improvement and self-growth.

One thing I like was how he reference Spurs, and LOL he is again too polite about Coach Mchale's epic fail of a system, if there ever was one haha.:grin:

And why don't you have a fantasy coach man???! What's wrong with you! Even we fans who don't play basketball have at least 3 Coach we are biased so how could you not have one? He mention Spurs teamwork but he hasn't even thought about maybe, perhaps, going under Coach Pop? Haha, he should go there so Pop can drill into his head how to minimize his TO and increase his 3pt, he can polish any hard rock into a diamond I have no doubt in my mind Jeremy would be able to reach that coveted 40% 3pt percentage under him.:p

I think he's already come to terms with being traded.

18. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I've never understood this. How could someone else make you not like something?

Is this high school?

As adults, it just doesn't make sense.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It is a common human psychological reaction so being an "adult" has nothing to do with this.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

But wait....most of the guys I know that like girls are complete D-Bags but I still like girls. :grin: