1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's right around the end of book 4 Storm of Swords, although I don't know if they will get to the end of that book by the end of the last episode. There is still a lot of stuff to cover. I suspect some things from book 3 will be carried over to next season. Having said that, they have incorporated some things (although very few) things from book 4 A Feast for Crows.

I hope that helps with out adding spoilers.

#1481 crash5179, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

A Storm of Swords is book 3. A Feast For Crows is book 4.

1 person likes this.
  3. crash5179

I just don't think there is any trust between the Nights Watch and the Wildlings. They have been sworn enemies for centuries. The Wildlings absolutely refuse to swear fealty to any king. Even Mance Radar is King only because the Wildlings choose to follow him not because they have sworn fealty. The Wildlings have no real set of rules they are bound by and refuse to live by the rules of any King, especially a Crow King south of the Wall. If they choose to stop following Mance then there are no repercussions.

Also, where are 100,000 wildlings to go? The 7 Kingdoms would not put up with Wildlings stealing their women and making them spear wives. I don't think the Wildlings recognize things like land ownership etc... so I just don't think there is anyway the two cultures could co-exist.

1 person likes this.
  4. crash5179

You are correct sir. I'll go back and edit my post.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He said Alliser "Fell" in battle. When Jon is leaving he says "There is no one left to give orders."

I know he isn't dead. He was still giving orders as men were carrying him inside to safety. It seems like maybe he had a broken leg or something. That's my point. Why were they acting like he was dead? He was just inside the building!

6. crash5179

It looked like Tormund slashed him in the gut with a lethal blow but you are right, the last we see of Alliser is when he yells to guard the door to the wall as he is being dragged off by his men. Alliser is a prick but I actually gained a little respect for him in this episode. Janos on the other hand....

7. justtxyank

Yeah Alliser is a jerk, but he seems like a strong soldier who is loyal to the cause. He's hardened by years on the Wall and treats new recruits poorly, but he is no doubt a valuable member.

Also, they didn't make up on the wall. Alliser was clear that he still wishes Jon Snow was dead.

Edit: On the fatal blow you mentioned, it looked like it was just a cut. No way Alliser is dead. But that's all irrelevant, my only question is why in the world did they act like he was dead? Jon Snow saying there was no one left to give orders seemed odd.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Maybe he is just critically injured and thus not able to fight again. Can't really give orders from a bed I'm thinking.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't dislike the episode at all, don't get me wrong, but ultimately, I just don't care much for anything going on at the wall. Not that interesting to me. With all the storylines going on, the wall storyline is like Generation X is/was to Uncanny X-Men. Or She Hulk to Avengers.

10. crash5179

Possibly his injury forced his men to carry him out of the battle, thus no one left to give orders. We saw him essentially being carried or pulled away by his men. I agree with you, I don't think he is dead though.

11. justtxyank

I think it's because they haven't given us strong characters at the wall. I get that Jon Snow is a star of the show, but I think most people agree that the actor isn't that strong. Then you have Samwell who is sort of GOT's Jar Jar. (not quite as bad) The best actors involved in The Watch were Mormont, Benjen, Yoren, Qhorrin and Alliser. Three of them are dead, one his "missing" and Alliser has barely been on the show and you are supposed to hate him. On top of all that, in the battle we just saw, the characters who have been developed the most this season were the Wildlings!

I wish they had given the Battle of the Blackwater the kind of attention they gave this battle at the Wall.

I still liked the episode, don't get me wrong, but the only character I really liked in the battle was Ygritte!

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

awesome episode

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That I can see. The whole storyline feels... lacking. Not enough emotion invested there due to lack of character development. I just don't give a "dusty ****" about the wall right now.

14. justtxyank

I care about it because I think the Night's Watch is a cool concept, but in general I agree. The show hasn't done much to make us care about what seems like the most important place in the whole show. I think a lot of people probably feel the same way about the wall that Westeros feels about it. Bunch of no names fighting against Wildlings. The real drama is elsewhere!

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're not a dog owner, are you?

16. Trip

Trip Member

Loved the episode, but did anyone wonder about the number of the Night's Watch during the battle? We had heard in the last episode that it was just over 100, but man, it seemed like there were a lot more during the battle. Must have been at least 50 on the wall given the amount of arrows they were launching and seemed like 100 at least on the ground at Castle Black! I feel like if I go back and counted the number of Crows killed during the melee I would reach close to 100!

I get that it's TV and the episode was so awesome partly because of the scale involved, but throughout the episode I was wondering to myself "how are there so many guys?". Did the other sections of the Watch come over to help as well?

17. Nero

Nero Member

I just wanted to say - HAMMERHEAD !!

That's two very deserving bad guys to get dispatched by Jon Snow.. only about a thousand to go.. hehehe

18. cebu

cebu Member

Sad to think that one episode is left and there's so many questions are gonna be left unanswered for a long time.

Hello jack Bauer.

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i cheered very loudly when he did that

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was not impressed. As many have stated the emotional impact
    was not built up properly for you to care about these characters enough

looked like a fight. . just to have a fight . . . .

Rocket River