1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. egr281

egr281 Member

just got done watching it, not bad. About the ending where mystique gets wolverine, i think what will happen is she sets him loose somewhere and the rest plays out the way it should as far as wolverine naturally running into striker. The high points for me were definitely magneto, professor x and wolverine both future and past. i didn't think the mystique thing was as big of a deal as people made it seem, cant stand that freaking dwarf though screw that guy.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trask would have continued his research but he wouldn't have had any funding and also Mystique's cells were key in accelerating the research. Maybe Trask continues research and maybe eventually the Sentinels come to life, but it would certainly take longer.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VU0P9ZNw10I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Well there was that end credit scene with Prof X after last stand, so the bigger point might be with Jean and Scott. I think the take away with this happening, is it completely wipes away the "known" timeline and sets the course of an alternate timeline. The future doesn't happen as it did, as no longer do we see the dystopia of the sentinels (for now). If that's the case I'm fine with it wiping off the travesty of Last Stand off the grid. :grin: So that begs the question what happens with Wolverine's claws, if timelines changed does he still get them. If so when and how.

My biggest grip is with Quicksilver. While the scene is awesome, geez does he seem ridiculously strong. I mean he basically stopped time, and could pretty much wipe the floor with anyone.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The sequence was fun, but yeah, they made him way too fast. That sequence reminded me of the Clock King episode of Batman the Animated Series.

In the comics he's supposed to be able to run at the speed of sound and I think he's gotten faster over the years, but not light speed.

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Just saw the movie today. Those fight scenes against the future sentinels were intense and hard to watch, the way they died. :(I was kinda sad. Dem feels...

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

X3, and xmen origins were both retconned. I don't know if the wolverine still exists, but that movie sucked anyway.

As for quicksilver; yeah. Then they conveniently have him stay home for the rest of the movie even though he could easily fix everything. (Like catching a bullet mystique might fire at trask? Derp derp derp).

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

(not really spoilering anymore but maybe I should...)

You know guys, I get the gripe, but it was worth it. That Quicksilver scene is one of the most inventive and wonderful scenes we've had in an action movie in a long, long time. My friend and I turned to each other and said "okay, now the ticket price was a bargain."

So to me, even though it leaves a big logic problem if he ever comes back (because, yes, he could pretty much kick anyone's ass if he can move at speeds approaching 20 or 30x sound), it was totally worth it. Good late-game call by the director. It was originally going to be Juggernaut breaking Magneto out.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/how-quicksilvers-standout-scene-in-x-men-days-of-87308240107.html

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Movies that resort to time travel are stoopid.

10. B-Bob

Ironic post coming from someone who wouldn't exist if I hadn't romanced his great, great grandmother when I dialed up Ireland circa 1857 last week.

Oh, nevermind. I am still trying to interrupt the path that leads to DaDakota though.

2 people like this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean it was a very good scene, but inventive? Bullet time is a new thing?

12. Dubious

No, it was a lot like Matrix

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

But you couldn't take five minutes to teach them crop rotation.

14. B-Bob

Oh crap. I got distracted.

[​IMG]

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

16. B-Bob

Eh, agree to disagree with yous guys. Yes, matrix had slow bullets and people running onto walls.

But a huge liability of the matrix is a lack of humor and, well, joie de vivre. Dude tasting soup and poking dude's face (and no cg was used for the face poke, FWIW)... put the scene in another orbit for this viewer.

17. Dubious

I just meant the cinematic effect looked similar, people moving faster than bullets in relative time.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They don't move faster than bullets in the Matrix, just fast enough to lean backwards to avoid getting shot.

Source: this image.

[​IMG]

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I rated it 8.5/10 when i first saw it. The more it sits, i feel like it's 7.8/10 I gotta knock off points because i doubt i can watch it multiple times or even a second time. Kind of burnt out on X-Men flicks. Maybe if they did something fresh like GOTG. I want a real Wolverine, not a 6'3 handsome theater guy pretending to be tough. Not some dumb American jock playing Gambit.
    I was super excited about Apocalypse, but then i remember they are just going to bring back all the same cast(Fassy and Mcavoy Jlaw are amazing, everyone else sucks). Probably going to make too many changes to Apocalypse. Reboot the entire thing and do a Phoenix saga. Stick with the source material. Popular for a reason. Stupid suits always trying to fix what aint broke and break it in the process.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this should be a new thread but until there is a trailer here is some info about the next X-Men movie.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...re-on-jennifer-lawrence’s-mystique/ar-BB7u40F

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ to Focus More on Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique

Jennifer Lawrence already had more screen time in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” than in the franchise’s previous installment and it looks like the trend will continue with the upcoming “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

Simon Kinberg, who returns to co-write and co-produce the latest movie in the mega-successful franchise, told Collider that the film will more closely explore the relationship between Lawrence’s blue mutant Mystique and Nicholas Hoult’s Beast. It will also focus on the impact that Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto) have each had on Mystique, as well as the friendship between Charles and Erik.

Although it doesn’t rule them out of future movies, Kinberg said that “Apocalypse” will close the trilogy for the aforementioned “First Class” characters.

“The relationship between Beast and Mystique is a really interesting one that we didn’t have a lot of time to explore in ‘Days of Future Past’ so we’ll have an opportunity to do more of that in ‘Apocalypse,'” Kinberg said.

Kinberg didn’t disclose whether the film would single out a single character, as the previous two have, but did say that “Apocalypse” examines how both Erik and Charles has impacted Mystique.

“Part of what’s really interesting about Mystique’s character is that she is, in some ways, the child of both Erik and Charles,” he told the site. “She grew up with Charles and then she sort of became a woman with Erik, so her being the cross-pollination, if you will, of those two philosophies and those two men is something we can explore in the movie, too.”

Bryan Singer will return to direct “X-Men: Apocalypse,” which hits theaters on May 18, 2016. Meanwhile, “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on October 14.