1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

GAME 1: The Phantom A/C Issue

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by don grahamleone, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

If you deliberately alter a condition, that's cheating lmao. There's a fine line between the game we just saw and a situation like the Texans going to NY and playing in the snow there, after never experiencing that.

In the first case, the AT&T center has never had their A/C go out during a game (I assume?) while in the second case, snowing is a normal occurrence in NY.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, there is a NBA standard for the arena. There is a risk for the players.

3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Stop with the conspiracy theories. There is no one altering the A/C. It'd be stupid if someone did that as that not only affects the away team but also the home team. I'm sure many of the Spurs' 23 t/o had something to do with the heat (no pun intended).

Let's not forget Lebron had cramps in the OKC series two years ago and had to be carried off the court. This is nothing new for him.

4. jayland

jayland Member

I say it was the Coyote that did it.

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Spurs should forfeit.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Everyone is talking about the wrong thing. It's not about whether cramps can bench you or if it was done on purpose. It's about why is Lebron the only one cramping up like this? Two years in a row now, so something is going on. He's not the only out there or the only one trying hard. Something is making him cramp up and not the other players. That's a red flag miami needs to look into.

#66 RV6, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  7. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

You sound stupid

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he should lay off the roids

9. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

People play basketball outside in the summer every day. It's hotter outside than it was in there at high noon. People are just crying and making excuses for LeBron. He cramps up in A/C or no A/C.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My apologies to the OP, he was right all along!

The AC Man for the #Sanantonio #Spurs arena speaks....
    <iframe src="//instagram.com/p/o6eJw3zSqb/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Celtics did the same thing to Jabbar

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I really didn't think much of Jabbar/Alcindor. You play the man physical is he's just a Hibbert 2.0 at best.

13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

When the air-conditioning problem was first announced, how many people thought it would end up helping the Spurs? I know we all speculated. Personally, I thought it was favorable to the Heat right up until James exited the game.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I never thought it would be a problem, period. Maybe you just had to be there, but I just don't think 88 degrees indoors should be a problem for the pros (i know they said 90 degrees, but that was later on).

15. tksense

tksense Member

No wind, all sweat. They haven't performed their best as a result, the problem is they're not used to it

16. rocketsmetalspd

Este Vato Loco! Nah!

17. El Hijo de Odio

There's also a lot of Hispanics living in Miami too. :rolleyes:

18. FEAR THE BEARD

My theory: Spurs spent all week over hydrating because they knew the AC was going to suspiciously "break."

Also, Danny green says that the spurs locker room was stocked with cooling fans, but for some reason the Heats locker room was not.

Hmmm.......sounds fishy to me. And I like to believe those cause I hate the spurs.

19. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Anything is possible. Bill Belichick and the Patriots secretly taped other teams practices. This is pro sports, no one is a saint.

20. Kate81

Kate81 Member

"Conditions did not change one bit..."

Are you serious? Why were the fans fanning themselves then? Reporters in the press box saying it was miserable. People soaked in their own sweat while just sitting in their seat. But conditions didn't change lol... ok.