1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler, Gordon or Lance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Order of preference (most wanted to least wanted)

1. Parsons, Stephenson, Hayward

33.3%
  2. Parsons, Hayward, Stephenson

34.8%
  3. Stephenson, Parsons, Hayward

7.7%
  4. Stephenson, Hayward, Parsons

3.7%
  5. Hayward, Parsons, Stephenson

15.4%
  6. Hayward, Stephensin, Parsons

5.1%
  1. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Gordon Hayward is the most complete out of the three.
    Lance Stephenson is the most talented out of the three.
    Parsons is the deep threat out of the three.

I'd take Hayward.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Teams will be confounded by the Stephenson-Asik-Howard Lineup.

So many hack-a-players, so few fouls to use!

3. blunto

blunto Member

Gordon Hayward is the black Chandler Parsons.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I think the Pacers are just soft outside of West. I have no problem with him baiting Lebron aslong he competes, and he did. I do have a problem with his teammates whining about his trash talk like it's not part of the game. In that situation your supposed to have your teammates back no matter what. It's like Mario Elie not having Mad Max's back after baiting Jordan lol. The Pacers didn't belong in the ECF.

5. Fantasma Negro

I'd take Lance and let him and Harden hybrid the two and position

6. Fantasma Negro

I'd take Lance and let him and Harden hybrid the two and three positions

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think the order for this team is Parsons, GH, then somewhere far far far right is Lance.

Parsons has a lot invested in this team and he really does care about the Rockets. He also has the hollywood thing going on, and that would be the argument against keeping him here. But, overall, he fits with this team because of his chemistry -- which is not always a #1 factor. I could see the argument of GH fitting here better, though.

GH is intriguing. He and Parsons have a lot of similarities. But, considering how similar they are, I would keep Parsons here knowing he works well with our team and could even fair well with a third star here. Neither GH or Parsons is a "third" star.

Lance is not some tough guy that sparks up his team when you are in need of energy (like our very own Wolverine, or a Ron Artest). He is just a headcase that wants to hold the ball and use ticky tactics that really amount to very little against championship level teams. He is the type of guy that would take touches away from Howard and Harden... which, if you're CP3, Melo (even though he can be quite cancerous too), Durant, or an elite scorer that would be OK. But, Lance is not an elite... well,... anything.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only problem is that the Rockets do not have anyone to rein in this type of player. Stephenson is Artest without ANY charisma. His antics are not endearing and when he starts playing selfish basketball, he becomes a team killer.

Ask the Pacers. The guy is fine when he is buying into team concept, problem is that he is unpredictable and prone to selfishness (in the extreme).

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

*fixed*

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Artest/MWP without the bullish defense, strong rebounding, and unselfish, but he's a better shooter and scorer than Artest was with the Bulls.

1. Parsons
    2. Hayward (I actually believe he'll be the best player of the 3 overtime)

3. Stephenson

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There's no one who can reign in Lance, even West and Bird failed. The guy is in JR Smith territory.

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Hayward is clearly the worst of the three. Parsons and Lance are a tossup - Lance has the most upside (and 2-way ability), but his issues make him less enticing than Chandler.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'd take Hayward or Lance over Parsons.

But reallt it's a moot point because Parsons is who we have.

14. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Cant believe it took this long to get this correct response. Hayward is an above average defender and is as good an offensive player as Parson. Stephenson as stated earlier is too J.R. Smith for my taste (Has the most talent of the 3, but also has the most downside due to his self and team destructive nature)

15. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Well Stephenson and Harden together would be an absolute disaster, so on the current squad he definitely wouldn't be the choice. Would I rather have Carmelo and Stephenson or Harden and Parsons? I think I would probably take the former. And I say that with full knowledge that Harden is going nowhere.

Except it also insures we have absolutely no chance of signing a FA like Carmelo Anthony, outright, either this year or next. The absolute most (without cutting into guaranteed salaries on guys like Covington and Daniels which barely saves anything about the cap hold) we have is $16.3M to offer a FA if Chandler's hold is indeed $3.9M as Bima tweeted. And that is only if Asik, Lin, and Jones are traded for no money back and #25 either is traded or used on an international that doesn't come over.

So it essentially cost us $2.8M, or more than $13M over the life of the contract, to offer those top free agents and makes it impossible to have max space in 2015. Will likely be even further under the max next year.

16. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Trevor Ariza over Hayward, Parsons or Lance.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fwiw

Zach Lowe:

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I'm very tired of this guy to discuss the Rockets players everyday
    I don't think any team has discussed their players like the clutchfans

19. blunto

blunto Member

[​IMG]

20. rocketshot10

rocketshot10 Member

Hayward's my choice if i had to pick one. Parsons defense has slacked lately and i feel like hayward has a better all around game and can really score when he's feeling it.