1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You certainly lose some flexibility but at that point it's not like you should need to make major moves.

This year's Heat have Lebron, Wade and Bosh all making over $20M. Ditto for the Lakers last championship team with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we can have a core group of

Howard
    Melo/Motiejunas
    Parsons
    Harden/Daniels
    Bev/

and fill in around that, I like our chances over the next 2-3 years.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Notice how many times the word "McHale" appears in the article. Love is coming and Kevin McHale is the key to making Love come.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If Love comes. I will come too!

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

When this whole Love to Boston thing started, I did wonder about how Minnesota would feel about trading Love to Boston after the KG fiasco. I know you do what's best for your team, but owners are proud human beings. Les was certainly the driving force behind Lin's signing after he was thoroughly pissed at Morey for Linsanity.

7. NotChandlerParsons

We'll all have to come together if we want to pump up our chances of getting Love.

8. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

HAHA!!!

9. Convictedstupid

We should probably start a list.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

One of her arguments is that Flip Saunders has a poor relationship with Danny Ainge due to Saunders' poor treatment of Mchale. Consequently, any advantage that the Mchale-Love dynamic affords us, Saunders-Mchale may negate.

11. anchel

anchel Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="es"><p>Flip Saunders just confirmed to ESPN he is indeed the new coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/474567310699536384">junio 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Read that Jon Krawczynski is reporting Flip Saunders will be the coach of the Wolves again. I don't believe the credibility on this and sure its a rumor. Plus I saw it on Realgm.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well that'll sell Love on staying.

I like this trend of Coach/GM/President combos.... this will end up working out to Morey and Houston's benefit as more and more personnel moves will be more compromised by cloudy judgement. This is really good news for the Houston Rockets & other smart teams.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When I first started reading this, i was thinking you'd Carl the thread and say it's his opportunity to name himself coach.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources briefed on situation say Flip Saunders' decision to coach Wolves will have no bearing on Kevin Love's stance on his future in 'Sota</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/474585695797780481">June 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Love has made it clear to Wolves that he intends to opt out and become a free agent in July 2015 and ESPN sources say that has not changed</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/474585883664842752">June 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lots of Boston fans asking. There's a chance, but Houston, Golden State have better assets <a href="https://twitter.com/J_Broscio">@J_Broscio</a> Chances Love is going to Boston?</p>&mdash; NBC Sports (@NBCSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCSports/statuses/474585669516271616">June 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Going off your posts lately, I thought you would have said the key to making love come is to give them a harden.

:p

17. bmd

bmd Member

Come togetherrrrrrr, right nowwwww, over me.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Love won't be wowed by new coach Flip Saunders

Marc Stein hearing the same (re: draft picks vs. players)

19. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Asik, Lin, Parsons and Jones are established players.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

The only way it would be true that we have "better assets" is if we trade Parsons. Short of Rondo, Parsons is a better player and prospect than anyone on Boston.

I might be ok with that if they throw in Brewer.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.