1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should have cleaned house....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by We're Back, Jun 2, 2003.

1. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

All I know is that all these rumors and insider informants claiming to be in the know with the team say things that do not jive with the character and approach of CD. It is no wonder they are off base so often.

2. We're Back

We're Back Member

I just meant the coaching staff and front office. And there wasn't a rumor in my post. You have to wonder how do these people get to be "Senior Members"? Am I reading it wrong? Is it like Spanish, like "Mr. Member"? I mean some of these guys seem clueless.

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We should clean house on this BBS starting with you.

4. We're Back

We're Back Member

Has anybody else noticed that a lot of people with "Senior" by their handle takes this stuff a little bit too seriously and acts like a cry baby when anyone disagrees with them? If you don't have anything to say about our front office situation, just ignore the thread and get on with your life. Ooops...hard to move on with your life when you don't have one...that probably explains the whole senior membership thing

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I understand your gripe but you have just back-handed every single Senior Member. Take a powder.

6. We're Back

We're Back Member

Giddyup,
    My honorable peer and distinguished Senoir member, thank you for understanding. The thing is that mi amigo, Senior Drew Dog, could have entered the thread expounded on why he disagreed with my post or just ignored it and move on, instead of making his obnoxious, highly unoriginal, snobby commentary that would fit pretty much into any thread that he disagreed with. It is I that refuses to be backhanded. I ain't no punk.

You see, many of you get your senoirity from endless ranting posts, whereas my love for the Rockets is built on a lifetime of rabid, unconditional support for my squad. I was at the game in San Antone when Dream broke Robinson's supposed MVP spirit. I snuck into game 4 against Orlando and somehow managed to sit on the floor just feet away from Shaq Daddy. I was the first person in Clutch City to get a high five from Super Mario after the buzzer sounded to complete the sweep. My best friend told a shell shocked Brian Hill,"MAybe next year." (How funny is that?) I have watched this team go through several arcs in my life, and it is time for a change. That is all that I was saying. Drew dog just tried to jump on me and he got swatted back by Yao's manhood. Sorry.

7. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Why do you say that? We were the place he visited the first day of his unemplyment.

8. noming

noming Contributing Member

CD is not going after Carslie because of what the Pistons say that he won't listen to the owners and management.
    CD doesn't want to hire some one like that.

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

My God, it's Dale Carnegie.

10. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

We may need to clean house around here...

11. We're Back

We're Back Member

Macbeth,
    I don't need to make friend's and influence people around here. All I wanted to get out there was that it seems like we have p***y-footed around the core of the organization's problems. CD has not been getting the job done for awhile now, and you have to admit that it doesn't look like he is going to get his first choice to coach us. People can point to moves to get Steve and Yao all they want, and they were incredible moves that got us the talent that you need to make it in this league, but except for those two moves, both of which I personally onsider to be no brainers, he has had far more embarrisng gaffes than otherwise. Rudy,and his whole crew shoudl be out the door. It is sad that we can't let go. It is sad that our team wears pajamas. It is sad that we have no coach.

12. We're Back

We're Back Member

Also, as far as Carlisle not listening to management, around here that would be a good thing. I'm sure that us snubbing him has nothing to do with CD not wanting a young talent with GM aspirations breathing down his incompetent neck. The sooner the public realizes that CD is just riding this thing out as long as he can the better.

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Wow that is one impressive resume. You see, you really are qualified for GM. Give Les a call man.... the job is yours.....

14. We're Back

We're Back Member

You just don't get it...oh well...

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Think of the money you could be raking in year after year being the General Manager of the Houston Rockets.... amazing.

All GM's have sucesses and failures - its part of the business. In no way is a GM a fortune teller of tallent, or a magician that can pull off every trade. Its probably one of the most difficult positions in sports and you are making it sound like its a piece of cake. Give me a break dude..... Just because you are pissed that we didnt land Larry Brown, doesnt mean our management failed. There is a rationale for everything.

Clean house and bring in who by the way?

16. man532

man532 Member

CD is not good at pulling the trigger or pulling the trigger with the safety on. My man is half blind, that's why he was moved upstairs.

We have Stevie Wonder selecting coaches and draft picks. Who is helping him make decisions? Definitely not Les.

We're in trouble, trouble, trouble.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Is that you, Don Rickles?

If you want to keep peein' into the wind, go right ahead. :)

18. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

My comment wasn't directed at your take on the Rockets...it had merit, and if you have read some of my posts, you'd know that we actually agree on a few points...

However, when it comes to your personal commentaries, there are better ways of getting your point across than insulting people, either as individuals and collectively. This isn' t an ESPN board, we do things a little differently around here, and the main difference is how we address each other. IF you've spent any time on ESPN or NBADraft type boards, I understand that it favors the quick insulting response to people who disagree with you, but around here it's considered bush league.

Yeah, there probably is too much emphasis on status in here, and i have written posts to that effect, but the way to rectify things is hardly to start making generalized criticisms about any one group. If you think about the basis of your comment, it's that "Senior" members are too huffy and think themselves high and mighty because of post count when reponding to "Junior" members posts...at it's base you are decrying group prejudice based on status. You hardly support your argument by doing the same thing.

Welcome to the board...Drew's a good guy, I'm sure he'll give you a Mulligan on this one. You have basketball knowledge, and that's a valuable commodity, as is your professed ardour for the Rox. Just don't clud the issue with macho compu a compu crap, ok?

PEACE

JAG

#38 MacBeth, Jun 3, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2003
  19. We're Back

We're Back Member

Let me tell you something Drew Dog, I can promise you that I would have never extended 7 yr contracts to Matt Maloney or Brent Price. 7 yr contracts are for super stars, not scrubs with no future. that was obvious when he signed Maloney. Price was just a joke. This has nothing to do with Larry Brown, although clearly things are not going as CD planned, if he planned at all. There is a lot at stake here, and CD just can't handle it. Time will tell who's pissin in the wind. The way you'll know for sure is when it splatters in your face,Lap Dog.

20. We're Back

We're Back Member

I agree with you MacBeth. I have read all of the posts in this thread. I would love to tone it down. I'll pass on the Mulligan, though.
    The bottom line is tha I just hope this all works out for us. It is starting to remind me of Dream's early days when he was surrounded by bad coaching and poor talent. I am sure that I am about to get a slew of comments about the merits of Bobby Joe Reed's abilities and such, but those would be the same people that support CD so vehemmently I am sure. Also, I respect anyone's opinion. I only got mad because Drew Pup insluted me for no reason. Anyways, thanks for the diplomacy.
    -Big Head