1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook vs Harden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Oct 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Everytime there is a player who takes to many bad shots and doesn't share the ball, it's the same excuse- his teammates sucks.

But how come LeBron and Duncan don't have a problem making teammates better?

2. Mr. Space City

westbrook made durant slip and fall in the 4th, made him go scoreless in OT, and made durant miss a wide open 3 to tie the game?

3. Mr. Clutch

And how were Westbrook's OT stats?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

How'd that work out for LeBron? :rolleyes:

5. Mr. Clutch

5 finals and 2 chips

6. Mr. Space City

scored more points than durant.

who is the mvp?

7. Mr. Clutch

Why are you talking about Durant?

I'm not giving him a pass, but he's A LOT better than Westbrook.

8. Mr. Space City

i never said westbrook was better than durant. i'm talking about people that are blaming that loss on westbrook.

9. Mr. Clutch

I wasn't necessarily blaming him. The thread is about Harden vs WB, not about the serires

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

* Allow me to just say that my respect for Russell Westbrook went through the roof this postseason. I have always admired his passion and relentlessness. But the way he performed in these playoffs was phenomenal. I tweeted this last night but I feel I should say it again here. Anyone who is still ripping him after this postseason is an idiot. I’ll continue to provide critical analysis, and because of his style that sometimes won’t be positive. But if you’re just ripping him just because, still blindly blaming him for losses these days, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Period. He carried this team this postseason.

http://newsok.com/closing-nuggets/article/4869897

an OKC beat writer

WB did his thing. If Durant was anywhere close to his regular season's level, OKC would be in the Finals.

And Perkins brought up that KD was tired in the postseason and needs to hit the weight room.

And Jackson was a bigger role.

#850 t_mac1, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  11. Mr. Clutch

WB and Durant basically posted the same win shares for the playoffs.

Good old eye test.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

WB isn't a ballhog, he just has the athleticism of a greek god and the basketball iq of a walnut.

People complain so much about Harden and his isos and shooting, I can't even imagine how this place would explode if we had Westbrook jacking **** up.

13. ish1973

ish1973 Member

WB is much more dangerous that KD at the most critical moment. Harden ?

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

vastly superior defense ,less shots attempts, higher fg% ,more assist, more rebounds in the post season ?
    seem like i don't mind we had WB jacking his **** up

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting that he brought up KD and WB's lackluster defense. Most people here haven't criticized their defense, acting like Harden is the only star who gives half assed effort at times on that end.

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Westbrook handily.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

GJ eviscerating your own argument? LeBron left for better teammates. lol

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

WB is Iverson with ridiculous athleticism and higher fg%. Both are poor team players next to other superstars. But could be awesome if you built a team strictly around them

19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Two points:

Westbrook has the ball in his hands much more than Harden. For all of those who complain about Harden dominating the ball, his 28.5% playoff usage rate pales in comparision to Westbrook's 34.2% playoff usage rate.

You're also comparing Westbrook's stats over 19 games against only 6 games by Harden. If you want to compare fairly then use an equal number of games for your comparision:

In his 6 playoff games this season Harden had a FG% of 37.6%, a 3pt% of 29.6 % and turned the ball over 3.5 times per game and took 22.2 shots/game.

In his first 6 playoff games this season Westbrook had a FG% of 35.5%, a 3pt% of 20% and he turned the ball over 4.5 times per game and took 24.8 shots per game.

So, through 6 games Harden actually shot the ball better from the field and from 3 pt range and turned the ball over less and took less FGA.

So if you're ready to write Harden off after 6 playoff games then shouldn't you have also given up on Westbrook after his first 6 too?

1 person likes this.
  20. jocar

jocar Member

No rebuttal necessary. Lin fans not interested in reality, they just hate Harden because he took Lin's spot and touches, and will side with anyone or anything against him. Easy Cliff Notes: If you look at join dates, you already know what they're going to say and don't have to read their post! :cool: