1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

If you could have any Corner in the league ?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, May 22, 2014.

?

Choose a Corner to start a game with .

1. Richard Sherman

38 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Patrick Peterson

42 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Revis Island

9 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Aqib Talib

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Others ( Specify)

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Patrick Peterson, his return game is uncanny and is something this team has been missing since Andre Davis. You can also argue he's as good of a defender as Sherman.

2. rockets13champs

Patrick patterson

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

4. jvu

jvu Member

Sherman Peterson and Haden

all have a case for the best.

Peterson is elite at 23. His youth and elite speed and playmaking ability is better than sherman/haden.

5. YourSecretLover

6. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

Depends on what kind of defense you want to run. Revis is an elite man-on-man corner, but isn't the same in a zone. Patrick Peterson is also an elite man-on-man corner. Sherman, meanwhile, is a zone corner. Huge differences in responsibility.

That being said, Revis is currently the best at what he does, so I'd take him. As others have said, Peterson is still very young and is already a great corner, so he'd be my next choice. After that, either Haden or Sherman. Probably Haden, because he's had great success without as much help as Sherman's had.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Excellent point sir... And I agree. But I may would lean more towards Peterson for the fact he can help win games on special teams and as a receiver as well. He has the Deion Sanders element to his game. And he's young and should only get better.

For just one year I would go Revis. But for the long haul I would take Peterson.

8. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

Patrick Peterson is a heck of a physical speciman. To be 6-1, 220, and move around as fast and fluidly as he does is incredible. Amazing how versatile he is as well.

People forget just how dominate Darrelle Revis was with the Jets. Before his ACL injury, he was the consensus best corner in the league for 3 or so years in a row. Just a dominant force. And then he went to TB, was forced to switch to zone-coverage in a different defense on a new team, while trying to recover from the surgery, and he was still one of the top corners in the league.

Also, I forgot about Talib in my first ranking. I'd go: Revis, Peterson, Talib, Haden/Sherman.