1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. jocar

jocar Member

^This is hilarious. Race card/victim card playing fanboy drama queen alert! He got called "chink!", and now he's Jackie Robinson. If that's all it takes, call me MLK.

2. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Forgot to say this, but I hope I'm wrong about Morey.... And a Lin trade goes off smoothly.

3. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I don't care if you think I'm a "LOF"........

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's implying that if you think Lin is a sub par point guard who clearly has horrible court presence in a playoff game, you're like racists frat boys yelling at Lin.

However I would love to see a bunch of frat boys wearing Yao Ming jerseys whip up on losers kids wearing Knicks Lin jerseys

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I know you are lof.
    If it quacks like a lof, smells like a lof, it must be a lof.

Yao Ming is better than Lin . In everything.

6. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Why not?? .... I'm not even comparing the players, I'm comparing how the fans of each team reacted to similar mishaps in the post-season.

Lin could also fall flat on his face with his new team. But the way this team plays offense and most other teams play offense, I would say "Linsanity" is more likely than unlikely......

If Lin falls flat on his face with his new team, or if he plays no better than how he played with the Rockets, I will apologize about how I thought the Rockets handled him. (But my biggest concern is whether Lin will even be on a new team.)

Oh.... The pain.....

7. tinman

Supporting Member

He's had three years and two playoff appearances to be Linsanty.

Let me give you an example of a true superstar Lebron James. Do fans wait til he has a couple good streaky games? No. He's always good all the time.

Chris Paul has helped the Clippers get to the second round of the playoffs.
    He rarely makes mistakes .

Lin on the other hand, turns the ball over all the time and has bad court awareness. I posted a video where a Utah jazz player ran a full half court and poked the ball from behind Lin.

Chris Paul would never let that happen to him.

rockets fans are fair. You see all eternal praise Hakeem Olajuwon gets? He's earned that. That's we have banners in the rafters.

8. jocar

jocar Member

What boggles my mind is why he's hated so much in the first place. I just don't buy this "LOF annoyance" or "race" angle anymore.... I think "LOFs" are more an excuse to hate him than a real annoyance..... (And I think most "LOFs" are trolls, not actual Lin fans.)[/quote]

He's not hated here. A lot of his fanbase is. He's the blunt object. And it works. Here's some proof... I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't have to read the 100's of sand in vagina monologues of his butthurtin teeny bopper fanbase.

So you still believe "Linsanity" was his norm or something? The delusion is strong in this one! It ain't happening again bub. Ok maybe 1 out of every 20 games, but that happens to a lot of players in the league. It didn't take long for him to be completely scouted, and he has no tricks up his sleeve....except some of the worst handles for an NBA PG, no dribble moves just "full speed ahead, and pray!", and some of the lowest bball IQ we've seen). The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll stop blaming everyone else around him for his weaknesses, which are now on full display. He won't go HAM unless he's #1 option on a team full of scrubs, and even if he did, we wouldn't care... unless his obsessive "fans" were here running their mouths of like they always do.

9. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Ah.... Now I see where you're coming from.........

10. tinman

Supporting Member

You see that Lin fans are hypocrites coming to team site where Yao Ming is beloved and calling the fan base racist because we display disappointment at his play.

Then Lin idiots drop this well he's Asian American so you guys are racist toward Asian Americans but not Chinese national Asian basketball players

Think about how stupid Lin fans sound when saying that

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Then why the vitriol over that turnover?? I mean, the comments over Lin from that turnover were even more spiteful than what I've seen directed at Donald Sterling!!

So you think it won't happen.... I'm fine with that..... But that's not even the issue here.

So you're now saying it really isn't his fans who are the problem.....

These people are trolls............... And they're playing you like a cheap fiddle.

You should be complaining to Morey about Lin's deficiencies..... The sooner the Rox dump him, the better.

12. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

In regard to the first statement, you're in a minority here.... Most of the Lin bashers here claim his "annoying fans" are the problem.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Do I think Lin is being misused by McHale? Yes. But McHale does a lot of things wrong.

Do I think Lin has been around enough to show his true colors? Yes. He has had a lot of opportunity here and he is what he is. I think he would be a good value for us if his contract was in the 4 million dollar range.

Can he be an All-star one day? Certainly. He is talented enough to put up the numbers with a higher usage rate. The same could be said about a lot of point guards though. But if Lin puts up 17/7 for a half a season he probably gets voted in. I wouldn't have a problem with that because it's a popularity contest anyways and his stats would be decent enough so it wouldn't be a complete farce.

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why is this thread still going on?

Remember after last season all the lofs were like 'watch give him until next season, he will have a breakthrough season, i can promise you!"

well yeah...

1 person likes this.
  15. 34to11

34to11 Member

This is easily one of the most asinine and obviously Lin biased posts I've seen here in a while.

If that's truly the case why not take what's already been established. Look at his entire record and you will see that he has been a mediocre to fringe player in the NBA for the vast majority of his career. Isn't that more revealing of what type of player he is?

It's very telling that you cling to the false notion that 25 games he played in NY three seasons ago (and in uniquely desperate circumstances) is more accurate than the other 182 games he has played the rest of his four year career.

Are you kidding? That was the single biggest play of the Rockets playoffs. That one turnover was essentially the difference between coming back to Houston with the series tied 2-2 or being in a historically insurmountable 3-1 hole.
    You don't think fans should be angry?
    Especially when you consider the fact that it was such an unnecessary turnover that occurred solely because Lin panicked...even after being told just moments before to call a timeout if the was no clear break.

Add that the team had just narrowly escaped disaster the previous game after another Lin debacle in crunch-time and it's pretty clear why the was so much "vitriol" over such a costly turnover.