1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia to Opt Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PrettyEdward, May 21, 2014.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Great post. I just want to point out that you can not use cap space and any one of your exceptions in the same year. You must use either or.

However, I think Morey would prefer to do something similar to what you're describing. Trading for Rondo, trading for Milsap, and then using the Mid-level exception is possible but if one of those not-quite max guys is signed in free agency (like your Lowry example) it keeps us from using the MLE in the same year.

2. klowski

klowski Member

im a rappin star, by far, i go hard to charts, cisco hittin 3 from a far

- cisco G

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I believe that he was referring to being under the luxury tax apron rather than the salary cap.

EDIT: Nevermind I was reading the part that you bolded but when I re-read I see the mention of cap space above.Sorry.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out. Slipped my mind, but my thinking is that even if they do create cap space and make these types of deals, in keeping Parsons, they are gonna want to give themselves a buffer to prep for the following year where they can stay below the lux tax.

5. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Cisco is solid, wish him the best though.

6. AXG

AXG Member

7. i3artow i3aller

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine.
    He drink whiskey, Parsons drink the wine.

1 person likes this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Shocking. He missed every shot I saw him attempt. Guess I go to the bathroom and kitchen too much.

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Good news for Cisco, bad News for us. He's such a good and tough guy in the league.

10. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

No this loophole was create to encourage teams to sign Veterans to minimum at same price cap/cost wise as a 2nd year player. NBA picks up the difference.

They didn't want Vets to be punished for teams being cheap and signing a cheaper inferior players due to salary minimums.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Addendum No. 2 on Houston (a day after No. 1):Agent Aaron Goodwin says Francisco Garcia still intends to pass up $1.3 ml option for '14-15</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/480809031271858176">June 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Every little bit of $ helps, &amp; Garcia's choice gives Rockets that much more flexibility as they try for free agency full court shot.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/480809427310628864">June 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Thank you Cisco.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Even though the dude has sucked at times, really a team player and vital component in the locker room.

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Can always can back for less after we court our FA... Thanks for your cooperation Cisco

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Cisco must really like it here... Can't blame him after being in Sac Town

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cisco doing us a solid. After the season he had (depressingly mediocre), the money he's passing on might end up looking pretty good. Wonder if Morey promised to bring him back if he doesn't get at least that salary from another team?

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thanks, Francisco. You were garbage this year, but thanks for the cap space.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Isn't he making the vet min for a player at this point in his career? Couldn't he just re-sign for the same price after all is said and done?

19. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZlAtEgvtt7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Morey's free agent chase is a "full court shot," aye?