1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one that doesn't care for alcohol?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htwnbandit, May 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I don't drink, don't smoke. Agree with you OP. I'm living a happy life without that ****. Plenty of people I can't fit in with because of it, but **** it.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I don't drink alcohol at all, but it doesn't stop me from hanging out with people or having a good time. It does sometimes make people self conscious about themselves since I'm sober so it essentially kills their vibe.

But no, you're not the only one.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If you don't like alcohol then don't drink it. Good for you.

I'm on about my fifth glass of red wine right now. Don't end up like me drinking alone on a Sunday night waiting for Game of Thrones and wondering wtf the point of life is.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I tend to agree with this comment, generally speaking. Up until the last couple years, I only drank beer "socially". Now I am around people who drink a lot. Most of them drink garbage. Personally, I am still looking for that one good beer. The alcohol and beer tend to make me really sleepy. I dont enjoy being drunk anymore. Under the right circumstances, I do enjoy alcohol and a good buzz.

5. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I don't drink alcohol ever and I still go out drinking with my coworkers.. I usually just have tea or something though when we go to a pub. None of them seem to care.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't really care for alcohol, but I do like the taste of some alcoholic beverages. For example, I like to drink beer with certain foods. I also like the taste of a number of cocktails. I almost never drink more than a couple of drinks in an evening though, as I just don't care for the alcohol.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is saying you have to drink to be social, just it's common/accepted practice to drink (not get drunk) at social occasions. Whether one chooses to partake is his/her decision.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

I didn't even do that with fellow band members.... Why are personal preferences considered such an alien concept...?

Several posts here talking about how it's "odd", or implying it is, to not drink for the sake of socializing.... As long as no one's taking drinks out of people's hands, or obstructing their path to a bar... what's the problem...?

There are other ways to socialize... it's called communication/conversation.... If you can't come up with anything interesting to talk about sober, you're likely less likely to come up with anything interesting inebriated... And I mean, genuinely interesting...

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i have a couple of beers a night. 90% of the time i'm alone. i love the taste of a good IPA. i don't have a problem with anyone who doesn't drink either. no one should have to feel guilty not drinking. i have a lot of respect for those that stick to their guns about it.

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No actually, I don't like coffee either :p

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I drink socially but I could do perfectly fine w/o drinking at all. That said, getting drunk at a party while getting touchy with some random female you just met is pretty awesome.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Me too. I do not drink coffee. I do drink a lot of tea.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most of the light beers: Bud, coors, and miller are so watered down its like drinking water. I never understood the point of non alcoholic beer. Beer doesn't taste that great and you are getting rid of the alcohol. Might as well not drink.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Light beers don't taste like water. They taste like flat, watered down beer. The only time I drink light beer is on one of those binge nights and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Otherwise, I always turn it down.

15. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I don't like the taste of most beers, but there are exceptions. I really like the taste of Scaldis Belgian Ale, for instance, but it's awfully expensive. Holidays only for me, too expensive to make it a habit.

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

I enjoy both... however, infrequently...

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Dude I barely even drink myself ill be lucky to have a beer a fortnight but the too many people equating having a glass of wine with dinner or a beer at the footy with 'boring as **** and needs to get smashed to be social'.

If you don't like drinking and don't drink fair enuff do whatever you want, but don't piss on people who enjoy a beverage and just assume they're as bland as white paint unless they're on the precipice of spewing on their cat

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't mind straight edge people. I'm straight edge when it comes to weed, so I understand.
    However, don't gloat and babble about how straight edge you are and belittle people that choose to indulge themselves in recreational drugs.

19. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Pretty much everyone who has said they don't drink, has cussed in their post (including OP). Why U mad tho?

1 person likes this.
  20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I find the complete opposite to be true. Most of my friends who don't drink or drink very little are far more interesting and fun to be around than the ones that drink. I may just have a really high tolerance due to size but when I drink I feel like ppl just use it as a way to keep conversation going or for a not so gay way for men to gather and talk. It takes a lot for me to get buzzed.