1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin leaving crash the Houston economy and destroy the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 11, 2014.

?

Will Houston lose it's ecomony and the Rockets if Lin left?

1. Yes, and every Houstonian will stop driving Volvos

44 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Yes, because Houston doesn't have a real economy, we are on food stamps

41 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Yes, if Lin leaves, the job market will turnover like Lin's ball handling

29 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Yes, Lin saves Houston fans money by not helping us beat Portland

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Yes, Lin spends lots of money at Houston strip clubs, the backbone of Htowns economy

40 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. No, because Lin fans are the dumbest people on earth

131 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is the greatest city in the United States. It is where heroes are made and born. I live in New York City and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish I were eating BBQ and eating the best Pecan pie in the world in the city of Houston. F' you Lin fans who come in here and think that this site is dedicated towards him and that life will not go on without y'all. This was Clutch city before his ass arrived here and it will be Clutch city until the Rockets cease to exist. Lin is a role player and not that great of one either, just average at most. Players like him are replaceable for definitely cheaper. For the Lin fans that live in L. A. there would be no L.A. Hollywood or whatever you fudge packers there in Cali call home if it weren't for Houstonians that fought in San Jacinto. Oh and Houston has the second most fortune 500 companies in America . So yes we are somewhat of a mecca for money. Lin should feel lucky to wear a Rockets uniform. You Lin fans should feel lucky he is wearing a Rockets Uniform too. He could be rotting on a bench in NYC being shunned by Carmelo and gang. Know that Knicks fan have already forgotten Lin. Houston Rockets fans will definitely forget Lin when the day comes. Only Lin fans won't forget him and will follow him to the D league.

1 person likes this.
  2. langal

langal Contributing Member

That is pretty damn impressive.

Where the hell did you find a trident? I can't even find a decent spear...

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother,

tell em about H Town! Here's a pic , apparently he's never seen H-town's skyline

[​IMG]

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

What a trainwreck of a thread. This is really embarrassing to have this on the 1st page of CF, so I'm gonna give the guy in question some advice in hopes that he/she just stops posting and this gets locked up real quick.

I'm a 5th generation Texan but I've also lived abroad in various parts of the world due to my line of work which has caused me to be tolerant of differing views and to never make assumptions...

Actually, I'm not gonna even argue the validity or the context of your comments, nor am I gonna make assumptions about who you are, what agenda you may have, or where you're from. What I will do is just try to give you a suggestion and make you understand a thing or two. 1) We Texans tend to be a bit sensitive when it comes to certain things and if you new anything about our history you would understand why. 2) This site is owned and operated in Texas.

So even if your comments were taken our of context or even if your points were valid, none of this matters for those two reasons posted above. Just stop posting in this thread and let it die out.

2 people like this.
  5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

forgive the typos and have a great day

6. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

i read all 14 pages wooooo

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

Well said. If a person had lived anywhere in the world before spending time in Texas you wouldn't have had to explain that to them. It was a bit of a culture shock to me when I moved here in the late 80s. An outsider that starts taking uninformed shots at a place people call home is just asking for trouble.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lighten up dude every thread doesn't have to be so serious. You do know laughter is good for the soul and stress will destroy the body n doul. :cool:

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

already headed for a crash, eh? must be why we're on pace to add another 85K+ jobs. remember when oil dropped to $35/bb and nat gas to $2? guess what - even with that monumental collapse in price the city of Houston still fared better than any city in the country. your notions are anitiquated if not entirely erroneous. unless of course you are talking about some undetermined point in the far future.

here's a tip - you know A LOT less about these matters than you think you do. educate yourself before you convince everyone that you're an idiot.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KNIOHnv5Sk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b_FlqYG0kkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Big reason Texas is blooming is because of shale gas and hydraulic fracturing, lots of people just don't know what they are talking about

14. tinman

Supporting Member

No income tax in Texas . Therefore you can spend crazy cash like. Jeremy Lin at whataburger or Timmy chans

15. Ankich

Ankich Member

Amazing thread, voted 5

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah that's why Dallas is fairing so well, it's primary economic driver is natural gas......oh wait.....no.....it's not

17. hollywoodMarine

Not gonna debate how Rockets fans will be affected when Lin leaves (I agree he will most likely be forgotten), but as for Knicks fans, at least on realgm, "Around the NBA" thread is nicknamed "around the LinBA"

(I know, I know, small slice of the online community :p, but wouldn't surprise me that they still follow Lin given how bad Felton has been for them this season)

18. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Solid comment here. Seriously you guys go 14 pages on one persons clearly troll comment but you don't care about this type of s*** at all. Go f*** yourselves clutchfans

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

So instead of letting an admin deal with it (and how do you know it hasn't been done already?) you decide it's better to lash out. That's intelligent.

Maybe that other loser was ignored by posters because he's on their IGNORE list. Or maybe we don't want to draw undue attention to his garbage.

Regarding the thread, it's clearly a satire. If you don't think it's funny, don't click on it. Same for the threads poking fun at McHale and Harden.

20. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Everyone please let this thread die.