1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Casspi talks about the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ben_from_TLV, May 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

nice to know he is happy in the rockets. even not having to play in the playoffs, he still find something positive on it. i liked guys like this. now, he needs to practice. lol :)

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

He has no reason to be unhappy. He isn't a rotational player on a playoff team.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

another Cxbby player out of rotation

5. noone

noone Rookie

Said he wished he was drafted in an organization like Houston. Wants to work hard and peak at 28. Doesn't know if he's not coming back to Maccabi.

6. noone

noone Rookie

He also said he doesn't want to live in Houston and not play.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

if he stops sucking he won't have to worry

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Hey if this trip helps him stop playing like complete garbage, I ain't going to complain.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is actually okay. He is inconsistent. But he deserved some PT, IMO, especially when Parsons' couldn't buy a bucket or during the stretches when Jones played like a rookie.

10. noone

noone Rookie

I think Les Alexander wants to keep an israeli on his team really bad. He's probably willing to cut Casspi to sign Carmelo Anthony but wouldn't like doing it.

Casspi needs to get better but the team is bluffing.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope Casspi improves on his 3 point shot. I think him being a knock-down stretch 4 is the only chance he has of contributing in the NBA. But either way, I don't see a scenario in which we pick up his contract this summer. Good luck to him, though.

For the sake of Houston's economy?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Casspi was looking good at the beginning of the season, I have no idea what happened but Morey looked like a genius for picking him up, it all went downhill after that. If he doesn't get traded i hope that he learned a little from his experience this year and is better next year.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, for the sake of Israel's economy.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He doesn't want to peak at 28. He says that he has already had 5 years of NBA experience and he is only 25, meaning that most players peak at 28-29 and thus he still has time to improve. He says he doesn't want to play in Europe until he is older (i.e. until he has to).

No he doesn't. The only thing he says even remotely close to that is that Israel is his home.

Here is the translation:

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

I didn't quite understand this. Do you mean that Casspi would be involved in a trade with the Knicks? I don't see that Casspi is much of a card in trade because of his minimum deal (it doesn't dump any of the Houston salary). To accommodate Melo, Houston has to get rid of both Lin and Asik. However, to the best of my understanding, Houston has to get Melo from the FA, because I can't see a trade with the Knicks in which they take both Lin and Asik. They have Tyson Chandler and Asik would be a duplication.

Whatever the outcome, both NY and Houston can use Casspi as he will not put any pressure on either teams cap problems (Melo will put Houston in the red). I would guess that if the Rockets wants Melo via trade, they have to take him with something (Bargnani for example). Lin and Asik would be shipped to the Knicks obviously with Parsons and maybe Casspi (and less likely DMo or CJones). That would clean some $15 mil from NY cap troubles (depending what Parsons new deal will cost). Obviously NY needs to trade Tyson Chandler for something much cheaper and a year later, when they get rid of Amare's contract (and Lin is given a much leaner contract) they can really rebuild.