1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

When I saw the results I thought I voted wrong but then realized how crowded this forum has become since we signed Lin.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Really ludicrous poll but the result is probably accurate. Lin is plagued.

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's off season, everyone is trolling.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Man there must be pretty good advertising revenue, 5300 votes?

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

This seems to be the fan page of the Houston Lins, not the Houston Rockets. I like Lin. You have to like a guy that went undrafted and got where he is today. You can't take the "LinSanity" from him either. That said, I don't think Lin has the skill set that would justify his salary. He is a good player, but, IMO, not really that good. I like his fearlessnes and determination, but he makes a lot of errors as well. I don't mind someone getting a good salary, but in the NBA that salary limits investment in other important (and needed) players. That's when it becomes an issue.

I find it a bit strange that the fans are not actually fans of the team, but only fans of a player. To me it sounds more natural that you are a fan of the team and have a specific player that you root for. I don't see that Cavs fans left the Cavs and became Miami fans with LeBron. Pierce and Garnett fans did not leave Boston, Lakers fans did not go to Miami with Shaq and Spike Lee will not leave the Knicks with Carmelo etc, etc. The results of this poll are more typical for a cult than for a fan base.

1 person likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's a mediocre and erratic product that's been cut and watered down over and over again. Might suck to be born in Houston in the last 20 years, but even worse to root for their teams outside of it.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I watched the 2 championships when I was young. It's quite helpful in getting me through the dark times. Even though it may not make any sense, I feel I'm more confident in the Rockets winning than the Astros or the Texans.

Also helps that Astros and the Texans suck. At least the Rockets are the best of a sad bunch.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't think the Rockets are anywhere close to "dark times". I think the team looked very good and had a great season. The playoffs with the Blazers could have gone either way. The Blazers were not better than the Rockets. The Rockets are presently one of the best teams in the NBA and with some (not big) adjustments this team will be at the top.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I meant overall. There were some absolutely seasons where you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Like when I first realized Stevie was never going to be the franchise and the Rockets blew all their money/picks on the likes of Mo Taylor, Eddie Griffin, Moochie Norris, Kelvin Cato, etc. Or when the Rockets had 14th pick every draft.

Right now, I absolutely agree we're moving up. I have high hopes for next season even despite the meltdown in the playoffs.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

2 days later and 6,100 people have voted?! Holy ****!

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

The problem is not the philosophy, it is the execution of said philosophy. Next year is obviously wasted as well, now that McHale is coming back.

12. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

We have an infestation.

13. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Clutch must be grateful for this war :rolleyes:

14. Amir's Johnson

These threads are so stupid! This forum is losing its mind.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The entire forum cannot wait until LoF's leave. No one knows why they stay when they know they are not welcomed. I wonder if they are like that IRL, squatting in someone else's house after being repeatedly told to GTFO.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wow...not the result I was expecting after I voted (I am clearly in the minority). I think Lin is a decent backup...streaky and slow and needs to stop dribbling into the paint with his head down all of the time...but the fact that he dominated page 1 in the GARM most of the season makes me wish he was gone...along with the 80% of voters who are not Rockets fans.

17. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

At least there is hope for the Texans. Astros?...SMH...I have no idea what they are doing. I'll still pull for my home town teams though regardless of the sucking. Similar to Houston fans I would guess being a Lin fan is pretty frustrating considering he is nothing more than mediocre.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've been pretty reserved about the whole Lin fanaticism, but...

Please trade him, if for no other reason than the outcome of this poll. Makes me sick to my stomach. The BBS caught a disease the day Lin became a rocket. LOFs need to find another place to spank it while staring at Lin's picture.

You're not basketball fans. You're the NBA equivalent of 14-yr old Corey&Corey fans.

#298 Aruba77, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I hope we can move him. Gives us cap flexibility and he's not a good player

20. wokdwok

wokdwok Member

That's the nature of a public Internet forum, don't you know! Obvious, the majority of the CF's are not of the same mind as you! You and your kkkind need to keep to your private circle jerk groups. :grin: