1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Rockets have beaten any other Playoff team in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 10, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

SMH...yeah, Parker is so old..:rolleyes:

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

The way the Spurs are embarrassing the Blazers, I have increasing doubts about the Rockets. Wow, against us Portland looked like the Showtime Lakers. Against the Spurs, they are totally outclassed. That raises major and serious questions about the Rockets from top to bottom.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not sure if serious...drunk post?

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We got the November Pacers version of Portland, the Spurs are getting the March Pacers version of Portland

It's like Harden's game 6, same shots, different result, Lillard's 3's are basically the same thing.

And can anyone really watch this series and think the reffing is the same, we had commentators who don't even like us complaining about it...

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do you people ever stop with the excuses? You could apply a set of conditions do just about any game. The reason we lost plain and simple and tbh, the only team we could have probably beat was the warriors.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Perhaps if you understood how basketball worked, it might help

there is literally no other sport where sheer luck can lead to a scenario where a team beats another by a massive amount, then loses to that very same team by a massive amount, then beats them again by a massive amount, yet that is literally what happened in last year's finals.

2 bad decisions that the nba admitted to changed the series from 4-1 to 2-4, that is literally the definition of how the sport works at a macro level.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Only teams I could see us beating is Warriors since Bogut was hurt, Mavs, and Grizzlies.

I also could see us losing to all 3. I don't want to hear about the excuses of matchups. Portlands sucks defensively and our main star sucked against them. If James Harden continues to suck in the playoffs we are not beating any team in the West in a series.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Refs did us in so much that portland series. That being said, if we had a halfway decent coach we wouldn't have been in a position to let the refs influence the outcome. Mchale is garbage, we wouldve got swept by the spurs.

9. zilches

zilches Member

If James Harden is going to essentially mentally/physically check out for a whole playoff series, we won't beat anyone. It isn't much more complicated than that.

10. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

accept defeat with grace and dignity, victory with humility.......excuses are only made by kids...we ought to accept the fact that this team is far from contention and I am glad that we were beaten because it exposed our weakness and we could work on that during the offseason

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would a
    could a
    should a
    Would a
    could a
    should a

12. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

With the way they played in playoffs?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

certain fans live in the 'would a could a should a' world

rockets fans accept reality

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I could be way wrong but I think Houston playing the Sours would have been a little more competitive then watching Portland get their butts handed to them. I just think some teams match up better with certain teams than others. The Mavs played SA pretty well but Portland hasn't done anything. Does that just automatically mean the Rockets would have been killed by Dallas and SA...and Portland would have lost to Dallas? Why no...no it doesn't.

I think Hatden would have turned in a better series against SA offensively just because he mentally had confidence from doing well against them in the regular season. I also think Dwight would have had a good series against SA. Rockets would have still lost but never even really be in the games like Portland? Not sure I accept that!

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think so.

16. dantian

dantian Member

With McHale, no chance to beat any of those teams in the POs.

17. TMac_1

TMac_1 Member

with our mchale as our HC, no

18. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I'm pretty sure we would lose to pretty much every team in the West.

They all have established systems and good coaches that discipline their players.

We have a terrible system and a coach that has no idea about strategy and adjustments.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

rox are world beater...don't you know?

20. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

No. Mcfail and D.

Lillard 3p%

Regular season 39%
    Round 1 VS Rockets 45%
    Round 2 VS Spurs so far 8%

LMA FG%

Regular season 45.8%