1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi McHale, Did you watch how spurs defeated the blazers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tangwentao, May 7, 2014.

1. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

26 v 15 assists

2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Portland outclassed.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

Because McFail is McFail. If the young Parker were with the Rockets, he would have been forced to play off the ball, and since he would have been terrible at that (when he was young) he would have been forced to the bench eventually in favor of Mr. Better Fit, Patrick Beverley. :rolleyes:

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man, even though I hate the Spurs with a passion but you can nothing do but respect them, great team with great group of players and great coach.

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

This series is further proof that the Rockets will get no where with McHale

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Rockets were disorganized,unwilling to pass, sloppy, defenseless bunch of shooters, rebounders, slashers.

During the regular season also. Exactly what they were. Not ready

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

They're stupid. Since your best scorers are the most efficient, only they should be handling and shooting the ball.

Math > team work

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

It seems the Rockets is the worst playoffs team in the West.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

Not only the defense, Rockets ball movement is really bad.

10. Philip_Pines

Philip_Pines Member

"....the tables have turned....HA HA!"

- Rick James, as played by Dave Chappelle

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

And they'll never get to that level with this kind of detrimental, complacent managerial environment about them...

It doesn't suit a team "anchored" by aimless, still developing youth...

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Did you see how Pop was yelling when a spur hit a 3, and were up by 19???? what a coach. love him.

This is a what a real team looks like. Everyone working together.

I love Dwight but - posting him for many consecutive possessions won't get the team far - need to have ball movement. gogogogo. you are a young team so move around. go nuts.

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

The midrange game is still important. When you have that open space, you have to use it. Getting open in the playoffs is not something that happens often. Only Lin and Harden use the midrange and it's not even that often. Though harden a lot more. plus I like the midrange J

14. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

What a wasted opportunity!!

I've calmed down a little since that debacle of a series with the Blazers.

The front office was so focussed on getting Dwight, that they have neglected to seriously upgrade the coaching staff.

Yes it is a players' league. In the Rockets' case, one of the youngest rosters in the NBA, which means if you want to expedite the championship window, you need a championship-calibre supporting staff to carve this raw group into a deadly, cohesive, accountable, intelligent and disciplined unit. With a sprinkling of luck.

Another "star" will not fix the fundamental issues with this current Rockets outfit. Morey needs to "Morey ball" head and assistant coaches that
    are potentially championship calibre and bring them in.

No one remembers the team that lead the NBA in moral victories.

No one remembers the team that lead the NBA in potential.

There is only one name etched onto the Larry O'Brien trophy every year.

It's Our Time.

Get It Done Morey!!

15. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

watching game 2 of Spurs vs. Blazers while thinking of how important a head coach was for a team.

Seeing Mchale is happily going to meet Leslie Alexander and Morey in Floria on Wednesday for discussing coaching for next season, it's making you feel sick to the stomach and the worst is fans can't do nothing but expect another year of disappointment-will-be.

People may think Mchale will get fired in next season if the Rockets don't do well in the regular season, in that way, people may think they can get their wish come true. In fact the Rockets players are over all too talented to have a losing season. In another way, no matter how bad Mchale is as a head coach, the Rockets players themselves will still be able to have a winning season with or without Mchale. In short, Mchale can't be fired for a losing record next season or any other excuses. (Normally you can't fire a head coach if his team has a winning season). Therefore it will come down to the playoffs time again (presuming the Rockets can make it to the next year playoffs).
    In short, it will highly likely be deja vu again.

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

If Memphis had Gasol healthy for the whole year, Memphis would've been the #4 seed and Houston would've likely slipped to #5 or #6. After following these teams in the second half of the regular season and through the first round of the playoffs, I don't think Houston was better than Portland, Memphis, Golden St. or Dallas. They were really the 8th best team in the West.

The other thing about Houston is that they couldn't matchup in the Portland series until they started using the 2 guys that they had demoted during the regular season (Lin and Asik). They wouldn't have won either of their 2 games or have been competitive in 3 other games without those 2 guys. It calls into question McHale's judgment for how he structured and managed this team through the regular season. The playoffs exposed a team that was in reality weaker than its win-loss record suggested.

17. kastuul

kastuul Member

Harden's mid range is not off the dribble.
    He always ISO and then take that shot.

It like Carmelo's game.

In regular season, HOU give up their D and ball movement to make a push for Harden to be MVP candidate.

It's also like when Carmelo's team did.

And they are always first round exit.

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[youtube]a1osIIYYvAo[/youtube]

[youtube]DZEzUSuq-_I[/youtube]

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Spurs-Portland should show you guys we would've been murdered by San Antonio, no matter the regular season h2h record.

Our current roster is no championship material, dropping out in the 1st or 2nd round makes no difference, as I don't think the guys would've learned too much by being swept or beaten 1-4 by this Spurs team.

20. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

the way the Spurs play as a team, just Pop is worth 1-1.5 superstars

coach doesn't matter, my ass