1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets plan 'to bring in a terrific free agent', will 'be a lot better' next seas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 5, 2014.

1. treeman

treeman Member

Whereas with a Melo acquisition we would? Please.

Asik and Lin are as good as gone - get used to that idea. If we are going to improve then TJ will likely have to be in the conversation, and Dmo might have to be involved as well, both for talent and money reasons. If losing those guys nets us Lowry and Millsap (or similar players) then I am all for it. We will still have the MLE to play with and we would be much more attractive to any vets looking for a chance at a ring.

The bench is not the primary consideration here. Howard has a limited window, Asik is destined for greener shores. We can't waste another year.

1 person likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do you guys think it would be possible to play Gortat at PF, next to Howard? I know him and Howard played together on the Magic, but i don't recall him playing any serious minutes next to Howard. Gortat could both start at PF and be our backup C, he and howard have the mobility to keep up with most PF's IMO.

Gortat is also a much different player then Asik on offense. Gortat has a very good 8 to 16 ft jump shot to space out the floor, has soft hands and can finish very well around the basket.

3. pass_to_Hakeem

Then I think you are in for a rude awakening with my comment. Lillard is top 5 pg and Batum and Aldridge were better than our 3 & 4 and proved it in 6 games!! Portland played smarter and guys like Matthews, Batum and Lopez locked our guys up and frustrated them all series long.. Out coached as well. Yeah Portland WAS the better team

4. TIPS-DIEHARD

TIPS-DIEHARD Member

Starters:
    Labron
    Melo
    Dirk
    Howard,
    Harden

2nd group

Rondo
    Brandon Bass
    Beverly
    Asik
    Parson

Daniels
    Coverton
    D-Mo
    T. Jones

Possible Coach:

Rudy T. , Mark Jackson, Lonnie Halens,George Car

I think our Rocket are great and better than Portland any day. Go Rocket!

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL this team chasing big time offensive players when they made LMA look like Hakeem. Its so ****ing sad. I hope Les and Morey are watching this spurs game.

6. Fantasma Negro

We'll probably end up with Deng or Ariza with the mle

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

well we did just have both omer and dwight (both top 10 defenders in the league) guarding him and had beg (reveived votes for DPOY) on lillard so its not like we had 5 hardens out thier all the time

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You just posted a bunch of nonsense with no direct line to winning a ring. Sure you'll win games in an exciting fashion, which will keep ticket prices up and generate $$ but don't tell me that is the formula to the rockets getting a ring. Teams that play like that fizzle out every year. Also, the fact that they continue to steer the ship with McHale should have every fan livid at this point.

Yea I'm sure Carmelo is the missing piece or the reason the rockets are not contenders...:rolleyes:. Lets continue to ignore how embarrassing it is when they routinely make scrubs like Brewer look like all stars and LMA look like damn Jordan or Hakeem.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

For team defense to be good, individual defenders have to be placed within a disciplined defensive scheme. Rotations, etc.. are vital and the team has to function as a unit.

10. Rox7

Rox7 Member

How about playing some defence, starting from the HC?
    Now the HC and SG are black holes in this area.
    We don't need more fire power.

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

Even if you add Melo, Rondo and Love to the lineup, I don't think we will go anywhere with Mchale as our head coach.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Just bring in Sergio Llull

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So true...

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chandler Parsons take notes Leonard is owning Batum.

15. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Surprised at the criticism of Les in here. We're lucky we have an owner who isn't cheap or scared to bring in additional talent to the squad. Could be much worse look around the league. Lots of possibilities so I'm at least a little excited to see what the offseason brings.

Also looks like next year fans and everyone will be on the same page as far as heightened expectations. No one, outside of some delusional fans and jvg, really believed we would win the west this year. I'm expecting Rockets to have a strong offseason and be considered one of the favorites in the west for years to come.

I'm also expecting rockets to bring in a strong lead assistant for Mchale's bench or you can just null and void everything I wrote above lol.

16. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

WCF? no. beat the blazers? yes.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

We need to grab Chuck Hayes back from Toronto.

Then we have a guy that shut down ANY PF in the league, and a good small ball backup C.

I wish we could steal Avery Bradley too.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Same thing was expected in 2006. Number one we gotta hope we are healthy. We also need better coaching and less one way players.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Deng for MLE would be a great deal, doubt he signs for that cheap.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It just makes me feel good to know how much better we will be next year.