1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets plan 'to bring in a terrific free agent', will 'be a lot better' next seas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 5, 2014.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Same old propaganda by Uncle Le$

2. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

IMO we are already a 54 wins team, I think coaching change will bring us to a 60 plus wins team next season and no trading our players necessary in this off-season.

3. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

Portland was literally just .9 seconds better. They were so equal (thanks refs). If only we made a couple more free throws.

4. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

"We"?

GTFO

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I think Asik and Lin come off the books at the same time anyway, so the Knicks would get nothing and we'd just sign Melo straight up like we did Dwight.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

7. nepopop

nepopop Member

I dont think that with Melo and Harden in the team, Howard would touch the ball enough to be happy. Also, Melo loves to post up, so i dont think that he is the best fit.

8. demarco1

demarco1 Member

can't imagine if melo sign with rockets, lol.... Melo + Harden + Dwight, = power ISO BallHog

how can they make them feel happy , even feed the three of them, still won't enough shot, my heart will go to Dwight, he deserve better ... Melo for harden yes, but melo harden dwight in the same team, no no...

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We don't need a free agent just a new coach and maybe even a new GM if he insists on coaching the team from the front office. I'm a big Morey fan but he needs to stop being a GM Coach and hire a real guy to do the job.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is not true, we lost in game 6 not game 7, not to mention losing 2 straight at home, which is usually impossible unless you are out matched.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hmmmm - the next thing you know you will be saying his home has wheels, funny how things come around.

;)

DD

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nice photoshop skillz

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If they just snag a guy like Melo and churn out the same thing as this year, it will confirm that this FO knows nothing or maybe isn't concerned with building a championship team.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm fine with criticism, but the idea that they don't want to win is ridiculous.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They want to win, maybe just not as serious about "winning it all".

Its no secret Les wants an up tempo exciting team to watch like the suns of old. If that is his first priority, it says a lot.

16. makio9

makio9 Member

Yeah, it was the opposite, but the players are all friends and they don't want to break up. Being on the same page only matters to those who play on the court. That's where the chemistry needs to happen.

If you make this team better Dwight and Harden will still miss their friends, but they won't mind in the end. It's about rings.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yep, les has tried to get to the front of statistical revolutions in the nba, went all out to get Dwight, May want to go get Carmelo, has changed coaches despite playoff appearances, etc. all because he isn't serious about winning it all.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think the questioning of Les and Morey wanting to win comes more from their actions and not their rhetoric. Of course those two want to win championships. We're not talking Donald Sterling here(the sh-tty owner, not the racist) who just cares about the bottom line.

But what are they doing to put this team into position to win a title? Les' refusal to tank in the post-Yao era made me skeptical of how much he wanted to win. I hate to say it, but often times you have to stink before you can get really good(just ask the Celtics). And Les has always shown an aversion to that. Also, the signing of Lin instead of Dragic made me wonder if Les was more interested in appealing to the Asian market than putting the best possible players on the floor.

And now we have the team squandering a golden opportunity against Portland thanks to issues that plagued them all season long. And the first major decision that Les and Morey needed to make regarding this team's future(that being the head coach) they not only punted on, but they didn't even wait a full 24 hours before doing so. Did they even talk to the players first? Or McHale? Did they bother to see who's available out there to join the staff as an assistant? What if they can't find a suitable replacement for Sampson and are stuck with the same staff in 2014-15 they had late this season?

I'm not saying they don't want to win. But I am questioning their willingness to do whatever it takes. Including admitting that perhaps their own approach(i.e. analytics and high-octane offense) has been misguided.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

MARK CUBAN!!!..:mad:.......That's an ignore list infraction!!!...:eek:

[​IMG]

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's one of the few owners in all of sports that is constantly trying to improve. He's brought in numerous free agents over the years (sure some failed), hired an innovate GM, buys numerous draft picks, brings in top tier coaches (for the most part), has allowed his GM to repurpose a dleague team into a minor league team...

He's trying to win.