1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Want Guns to be Illegal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets1616, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
?

Guns legal or not legal

1. Guns are legal!

75 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. Guns are illegal!

27 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

You want more examples? How about a woman getting attacked and raped on the streets. You REALLY don't think a gun in her purse would help deter such a situation? Use your brain man.

2. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's my problem with that. Purse snatches are more common than on the street rapes. So a girl with a gun in her purse who has her purse snatched has just armed a criminal.

4. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You should see how courageous street thugs become when faced with a man/woman carrying something with more pop than what they have...When faced with the possibility of getting shot/killed themselves, these idiots always run...

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

All guns can be legal, but we should change the bullets. No reason to have a skin piercing bullet. Being with a 1 g rubber ball at 700 mph is going to be debilitating. I say ban all skin piercing, hard metal, bullets. No more launching of a piercing projectile. On top of that, we should ban the production of home manufactured ammo.

This is completely constitutional also.

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

So gun people, you are willing to kill someone entering your home? Why don't you end your pretentious spending and move to a neighborhood where robbery is less likely to happen? I think if you have convinced yourself you can kill someone with your gun, you shouldn't be able to have one..

8. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Well, guess what? In the state of Texas, you can kill someone entering your home if they are not supposed to be there. Deal with it. The law is never going to change.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I was under the impression this thread is more about morality than practice. There's no discussion on what the laws are. But as a person who is not even religious, I personally find it morally wrong to wish death upon people who's crime is to steal from you. But to each his own.

I don't begrudge those who keep guns at home to help dissuade burglars. But I do find it disturbing to automatically think of killing those whose crime is theft. At least, that's my own opinion on this.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not going to answer the poll question because, again, I am too stupid but I must say that Rockets1616 really seems to be scared of life. Almost every post is about someone trying to kill him. I worry that he is either paranoid or a terrible human being and thus people really do want to kill him. If the latter is the case I suppose it is a good idea for him to carry a gun at all times because you never know when someone will try to stop him and his evil ways.

I, personally, am well loved and therefore don't have people trying to kill me. As a result I don't have a gun. I do have a katana and know how to use it but that skill was not learned as a result of a need to defend myself from people trying to kill me but from a love of aikido as a path of life. I will consider myself fortunate that I am not living the life of Rockets1616 and am happy that I have been able to recognize my own privilege of not having people try to kill me.

11. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

So people are just going to trade stories, one side showing all the people who have died in gun violence, and the other side showing all the people who saved themselves from gun violence?

Just because you can bring up twenty stories about people who have saved themselves from robberies, burglaries, rape, etc, doesn't mean the other side can't bring up another 20 stories where people have done the exact opposite. Are you really going to try to win the gun argument purely on anecdotal evidence?

12. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I will likely never have to use force against anybody, I was blessed with a good life. Many people in the country however, come from less than fortunate circumstances and they live in dangerous parts of the country where the need for defense is much more likely. Clearly you are delusional and think everywhere in this country is safe and people are dancing through the streets, unfortunately, that isn't reality. You sound like an ignorant trust fund baby who grew up sucking mamas tit in the suburbs. Congrats, but pull your head out of your ass.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is that what CometsWin wishes? LOL. While everyone who argues like me may be an idiot, I take it that only the intellectually gifted argue like this?

I'm just trying to learn because that's what an idiot like me needs to do.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Most people in this nation will never be in a situation where they have to use a gun to save themselves.

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

So you believe that Obama is Kenyan and Muslim and also think he is sending drones to wantonly and rampantly kill American citizens?

Noted, and not surprised.

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The second amendment was written because the fathers of our country knew that we would be prosperous and that some day there would be citizens of the United States of America that would gladly hand their liberty to the government.

The second amendment is for the rest of us.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As long as the Police have guns I want my guns.

Btw, I am a ACLU member and donate to Planned Parenthood.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not sure why you're addressing that to me. I said at the very beginning of the thread that I own guns, and support the ownership of guns (second amendment).

That doesn't mean that there can't be regulation on gun ownership, nor does it mean I have to fuel the false idea that it is dangerous to not own a gun because people will need it to defend themselves.

19. okierock

Here is a man that understands why we have the second amendment.

20. okierock

I addressed your post, not you.

The thinking behind that post is exactly the reasoning for the second amendment. The second amendment is not about home security. The founding fathers knew what it was like to be controlled by men with guns. They wanted to make certain that the people of the U.S. could defend themselves from a standing army if necessary.

There are enough guns in this country that 8 out of ten people could have one in their hands if needed. I would like to see any government try to take them from us(ours is doing it with attempts at legislation). The only way that will happen is if we give them away along with our ability to protect our own liberty.

I don't know why this issue always turns to an argument about home security because the second amendment has nothing to do with that.