1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to completely ignore......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 3, 2014.

1. calcium

calcium Member

I think you have to give ALL the players a break.

They all try their best.

The Blazers tried their best too.

And in this case, their best effort outdid our best effort.

And that's all there is to it.

Which is why I thought it was such an exciting series to watch.
    They were very evenly matched and neither team was going to roll over and give up.

[In a sotto voice, I think we were way more talented than them.
    Some coaching would have made the difference but disregarding
    this, both teams played hard at a very high level].

My respect and admiration to all players and to both teams.

FYI, I am now investing my emotions into the Spurs to go all the way.
    Why? By process of elimination.

I dont like the Clippers, dont like OKC, dont like anyone left in the East.
    If not the Spurs, then the Blazers, though I dont think they stand a chance.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So how'd that Lin is just as good as Lillard thing work out? Maybe you could post those stats.

3. Rox7

Rox7 Member

At least Lin helped winning the 2 games we only managed to win.

4. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

those are called "Allen Iverson assists"... the thinking behind it is the PG sucks in the defense and puts all attention on the shot attempt, thus an easy put back for whomever is crashing the boards.

5. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

I thought stars performed when it counts, the playoffs. Really disapointed in harden, I've never seen him play well in any playoff game. Thats not a "star" player.

6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Dude it is over... we had a great year maybe next year... everyone watched the games and we know between the Ref's, Lin, etc and the last shot take 1.2 seconds... instead of 0.9 it just wasn't our year.. Peace to all..

7. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

He stayed aggressive and pressed, drew two defenders and Howard had an easy all alone putback. He had other worse plays than that but if you are going to point out that one it makes me think you may be a bit biased.

Any player could be put on blast over individual plays. Jones had the shot clock violation where he didn't know what he was doing, Bev had a couple airballs, etc.