1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

18.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

30.3%
  3. Spurs in 6

31.1%
  4. Spurs in 7

13.1%
  5. Blazers in 7

0.8%
  6. Blazers in 6

6.6%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

With the Spurs bench I think they get them in 5. Midrange plus Tony will eventually get the better of them. Unless LA has 4 40 plus games.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I hope Spurs annihilate the Blazettes...I know I'll have to hear it from my friends who support the Spurs, but I hate the Blazers after having that series stolen from us...& no one can deny it was stolen.

Spurs 4-0 win every game by 20...

Also I hope they do win it in 4 so I can see the sad faces of the douchebag Blazette fans...yes I'm bitter & 'salty'.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Spurs play defense. The Spurs have a bench. The Spurs have a coach. The Spurs star wing player won't play like a b****.

Spurs in 5 or 6.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Spurs have a great team and the best coach in the league

The Blazers won't have the refa this time. Spurs in 5

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The floppers series

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I actually think that the Portland Trailblazers can beat the Spurs. That is provided that LaMarcus Aldridge can be available throughout each game in this series. But for the most part, I feel that the Trailblazers are playing with confidence right now.

It's true that these teams split the season series 2-2. If you break it down, in the wins (first two meetings) that the Trailblazers had with the Spurs, LaMarcus Aldridge was available for both of those games. In the third meeting between these two teams, LaMarcus Aldridge was out with a groin injury, and in the last meeting, he suffered a back injury early in the second half.

The Spurs would definitely win a game in which LaMarcus Aldridge gets in foul trouble IMHO. I doubt it if Damian Lillard would be able to do enough to overcome any such scenario even though he has scored at least 20 points in each game against the Spurs in his seven games against them in his career. The 31 points he scored against them in the third meeting between these teams with Aldridge out with the injury wound up not being enough even though it was a 2-point loss (could have been a bigger margin if both Tony Parker and Tim Duncan played in this game).

7. VanityHalfBlack

If the Blazers somehow get the the finals, I think I might overdose on vicodin just because.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please. Spurs in 5. The Blazers are in for a rude awakening. They're not going to get the open looks the Rockets gave them. The Spurs will not beat themselves. And Aldridge will have to deal with Splitter, Duncan, and Diaw all game long.

This could be a very educational series for Morey and the rest of the Rockets front office. Watch and learn how the Rockets could've and should've made mincemeat out of Portland if they knew what the hell they were doing.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Yes, thank you! Time for payback!

10. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

11. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

What I hope happens is Spurs in 4. What I actually think happens is Spurs in 6

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Going to be funny seeing a super pumped Portland roll into San Antonio to face a team who actually runs an offense - and who actually runs an offense when their bench is on the floor. And one which has a coaching staff who know what they're doing.

Short and sweet series for the Spurs. Got them in 5.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Haha, I can't help but wonder how many of us are being objective with this poll. Had it been a different team that the Blazers defeated, I imagine a lot more folks would at least expect the series to go 6 games.

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Mchale , take notes. I think its going to be a great series but spurs play as a team and don't turn it over like us. if portland doesn't hit ridiculous shots , they're out in 6.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

When Portland's season ends what they accomplished in the first round will mean nothing.... The games they were favored in will have gone to waist.... The season will be over and they will go back to being irrelevant again. Rooting for The Spurs.... Texas isn't out of the Playoffs yet...

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Spurs gonna make Lillard and LMA look average

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And coaching.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And the fact that God doesn't hate the Spurs.

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The Rockets barely lost and it was because of stupid errors and bad coaching.

The Spurs are masters of smart basketball and good coaching.

Spurs in 4/5

20. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

san antonio seeep. 30+ point blow out every game please!!!