1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale will return as Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 3, 2014.

?

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to bring back Kevin McHale for 2014-15?

1. YES

99 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. NO

651 vote(s)
    86.8%
  1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Rockets fans deserved Mchale, good job Morey.LoL

2. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i hope this is just like how morey said we wouldn't do anything at the deadline....real definitively...and we then proceeded to trade PPat and Morris. tho i hope we end up with something better than thomas robinson. tho maybe we can equate it to clearing cap to get dwight....so then we get an amazing coach.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol then Morey has not been a good puppeteer. All those RS meltdowns, 4th quarter decisions, 1st round exits must nag on him.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Looks like Les rules.

5. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

otherwise, this will seriously hinder us. i don't hate mchale. but he isn't the right coach to take us to where we want to be.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Like i said earlier.... shouldn't really be shocked by this news.

However.... guys.... realize they are certainly going to be bringing in a Sampson replacement that will be a pretty high impact coach for this squad.

There are more things going on other than just X's and O's. Could have something to do with McHale's relationship with Dwight & James. Could have something to do with a coach they want that's contract isn't up till next Summer (would it be that shocking if Morey was thinking a year down the road). Could have to do with player support in general... I dunno.

However they ultimately have sat down this week or earlier and weighed the pros and cons and decided this was the best possible decision for next year...... However it doesn't mean he's the best possible coach by any freaking means.

please try to be rational and understand what is going on behind the scenes. Best decision for the Rockets next year doesn't mean best coach at drawing out of bounds plays.

7. Dementium

Dementium Member

Maybe not but he just cost us at least 1 game (I'm being kind) and never for once took responsibility.

Really don't see this team going anywhere with him.

8. OpportunityCost

Me thinks this is Morey not wanting to eat crow and continuing to believe - delusional as it is - that coaching isn't that important, and now all he has to do is just land Melo, Klove or (insert superstar here) and we will have a Championship. He's so smart but yet so dumb.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I blame that idiot who coined that nickname: Milk Hair.
    How can we watch more of this for another season?? damn..........................

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Morey is suppose to be able to make the tough decisions. Mchale should honestly just resign.

11. JazzLakerHater

It's pretty sad that the Rockets Blazers series was the only Western series not go seven. You would think the two most evenly matched teams would go 7. But we see teams like the Mavs, Warriors, and Grizzlies push their series against much superior teams to 7 games. IMO that's coaching.

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

And so far all the superior teams have won game 7 relatively comfortably.
    Guess it's what it is.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe not, but its dumb to not to think that the decision was made with lots of things going on behind the scenes, and without very well thought out decision making from the front office and ownership.

My guess is they don't want to screw with the locker room chemistry because they are considering the relationship McHale has with the key guys, and they think they can bring in, or are planning to bring in someone that is really going to be the master architect on the defensive end this next year.

Either way though... I do think Morey needs to come out and explain their decision to the fans whether he thinks they will agree or not. He's smart enough to know 90% of fans hate his guts, and know he's not anywhere close to a top 20 coach in the league. Whether they DESERVE an explanation or not, I think it a good idea to come on 790 this week and address what went into the decision making process.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Very disappointing news. For a team that underachieved as much as we did, it's shocking that McHale has a job.

I can only hope that we get an assistant who can improve our defense, because it's been PAINFULLY obvious that ever since Sampson left, McHale and his assistants don't know two ****s about what the hell are they doing on the defensive end. There is no chance in hell the Rockets are going anywhere until they fix the gaping hole that is their defense.

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Well, if this becomes official, at least I know that I will have a lot more free time on my hands next year to be productive in life instead of devoting my time and energy to supporting a team that I love, but obviously it's leaders don't love the fanbase back. (only the money that we spend to support them)

If this becomes official, I will also end my support and defense of Morey that I have constantly given. I will now switch sides to those that say he wants to run everything including the coach and his ego is out of control.

This will be the worst decision the Rockets have made in a long time. I'm just praying this doesn't become official, but it seems like it will. I'm really sad that I won't be investing my time and energy into supporting the team that I have supported for over 28 years, but enough is enough. :mad::confused:

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If we are going to keep Mchale then Finch and Bickermouth can go as well. Those couldn't cover Mchale's ass. I was high on Finch but bickermouth overpowers him with the Rah rah crap and he's just a mime

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I disagree.

Getting rid of McHale will show the team and whole league we don't coddle mediocrity. And that anyone, no matter how well-liked, will get the boot if he does not perform.

It's also another year to build chemistry with the new coach/coaching staff. Dwight's window with us is another 2 years, then he exercises his player option.

God, why does Morey always overthink these things?

Popularity is not the best gauge in this case. Incompetence leads to lack of trust. Didn't Morey hear Harden question the coach's instructions in the huddle and on the court, the players (Bev and Parsons) tried to do something other than what the coach. said?

18. houtown

houtown Member

Nice man. Kind of feel the same way.

19. dxdx

dxdx Member

Another season of stagnant iso attacks. Damn.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

McHale's kids upon hearing the news....

[​IMG]