1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Stein Line] Summer Scoop: Now what for Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 3, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sure a lot of people will think that it makes them a better team.

But Love hasn't proven anything yet except that he's a good player on a bad team.

2. JazzLakerHater

Please tell me the locker room issues is not huge a deal. The last thing we need is to have internal issues in the locker room.

Something tells me that if these locker room issues true, that Harden is the main culprit. I just get a bad feeling that the team is frustrated with Harden's effort.

3. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Agree completely... Giving up Harden for Love would be insane.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Morey coaches this team. He hires coaches that will run HIS system.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You don't think every locker room as some issues? I'm sure some players are ticked off that Harden plays no defense, but there is no indication there are any serious issues. There are always going to be bumps in the road. Look around the NBA, the Rockets locker room as very little drama compared to many other teams.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

You don't trade all-stars (especially a guard in a guard's league) unless you're getting a better player in return, period. I believe we have the assets to get Love that doesn't include Harden.

7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Why does everyone want to trade Harden?! Are you kidding me? Effort can be improved, and he's still maturing.

8. albuster

albuster Member

LOL!!! Nice one CH.

9. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Rondo's game is even more midrange-centric than Lin's.... If McHale and "Moreyball" are still around next season with Rondo, that would REALLY be a disaster in the making.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

For those of you that want to trade harden for love and brewer.....please.....just stop. Don't give me that nonsense. I find the BB IQ of this forum disturbingly low..

11. N/A

N/A Member

you're overvaluing Harden if you think he's worth Love. Talk about low BB IQ...

12. N/A

N/A Member

It doesn't take an article to see that they had issues. You saw it during games when Harden and Howard glared and/or yelled at each other. You didn't see that? Team still hasn't figured out how to get those two working together seamlessly and they never will as long as Mchale is here and Harden wants to keep being "the man"

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is worth at least three Kevin Loves. Harden had problems in the playoffs, but he's far more capable of carrying a team than Love is, and he's proved it.

If we add Kevin Love, then that's great, but not at the cost of giving up Harden. That makes the Rockets a worse team than we were this year.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The fact you talk as if Lin should be on the team next year makes whatever else you say irrelevant

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmfao at people wanting to trade a 24 year old star in his 2nd year as the man.

**** maybe we didn't deserve to advance because a lot of our "fans" are so negative about our players

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

Harden + first for CP3?

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Maybe I am just a simpleton, but perhaps we should focus on areas that can be easily improved like getting better role players, upgrading the coach, etc. Seems like since it impossible to get superstars, it would be pretty moronic to give ours away in year 2.

18. afk

afk Member

Melo would be nice, but I would MUCH rather have Love. But then again, we could always trade Melo for Love if the trio of Harden, Melo, and Howard doesn't work out.

19. LandryMegaBeast

anyone here who thinks harden is going to get traded is a moron

20. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

Typical Houston fans don't realize how good they have it. Trade harden? Lol.