1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

If somebody think giving McFail one more year will make a big difference, he is an idiot.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

We'll see

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;It's a loud statement that his option for next season hasn't been picked up yet&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN">@WindhorstESPN</a> on Kevin McHale's future w/ the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/statuses/462580558149976064">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Exactly...it's like they all sleep in the same bed or something. Or maybe he takes them all for dinner and beers occasionally. Whatever it is, it's been obvious for a LONG TIME that this Milk Hair has NO CLUE on how to coach.

I never liked him anyway because of 1986!!!!

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Don't be stupid. Clutch and te mods have zero attachment to McHale. Infact Clutch brought up possible McHale firing in his podcast with MK Bower after game 2 if I remember correctly.

The guy you're responding to must have got banned for something else. I started this thread 2 years back and have been one of the harshest critics of this clueless incompetent coach.

5. FANfrom86toNow

I swear if it takes more than a week to fire this dude, wtf is going on. I will give them a week though. It's good business practice to not make major decisions while you are angry.

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

So quit or fired? Your choice.

7. FANfrom86toNow

Speculate all you want, but you are partially correct. It was a combination of saying that McHale was incompetent...especially for starting Beverley over Lin. I knew that would end our season eventually.

What did starting Beverly over Lin do to this season:

1) Beverley doesn't have enough offense to make the TT work, so it failed in a few games and Asik wanted off the team causing distraction and "injury", thus us losing games that would have put us in a higher seed

2) Chemistry was lost because now we had to starters replaced and lineups changing after that.

3) Harden and Parsons both regressed this year defensively..I guess assuming that Beverley would save them as our perimeter elite defender.

4) Beverley had some nice games, some nice steals, and some nice plays throughout the year, but the stats say that he still got burned over and over again by elite point guards...this series showed it even more. (don't talk to me about being hurt or sick, no one gave a shet about it for Lin last year)

5) Lin's role was changed again to become a SG the majority of his minutes on the floor, which were also reduced. He was consistently asked to guard 2 and 3's, when he was a capable defender at guarding elite PGs, which no one in the league can stop 1 on 1. The coaching philosophy on defense that sucked used Lin as a scapgoat for their inability to coach, but it bit them on the arse accordingly ending the season on a typical last minute complete break down of defensive philosophy.

I could go on, but you should get the picture by now. I have been saying this would happen before last night, but while we were winning in the regular season, it pissed off a lot of McHale apologists and LOH, who called me a LOF, even though I have been a Rockets fan since 1986.

8. FANfrom86toNow

BUMPED FOR REMINDERS

9. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Mchale needs another season with roster changes.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think we gracefully allow McHale to resign. Some sort of statement he wants to spend more time with family. That way players that like him will be OK with the move and the team doesn't look so heartless around the league (eg other coaches will be more interested in the position).

Then you get the right guy in... if it involves a draft pick to CHI to get Thibs, or you re-hire JVG, or you get Hollins or McMillan, or you steal Ollie...

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Dear Coach McHale,

Do the right thing, the honorable thing. Resign.

If you truly love your players, you would acknowledge that you're in way over your head, and now it's time to give way.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Joke post? Im laughing if it is. :p

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I would like for us to give a longtime assistant a shot. I don't think JVG is leaving broadcasting and I don't think Larry Brown is leaving SMU. All the other experienced coaches out there have never really won jack (though Lionel Hollins would be worth considering).

Former assistant of Rudy T and current Popovich assistant Jim Boylen a possibility?
    Former Rockets assistant and current Grizzlies assistant Elson Turner a possibility?
    Former JVG Rockets assistant and current Thibs assistant Andy Greer?
    Longtime Doc assistants Armond Hill or Kevin Eastman?
    Maybe hand the reigns to Finch already? Though I think its too early.
    Adrian Griffin?
    Sam Cassell?
    Mario Elie?

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^^ OMG I forgot about Larry Brown, he would be perfect. Best coach available on the planet for this team.

1 person likes this.
  15. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Knowing Houston sports, we'll give this dude 1 more year just like Kubes, and then we'll scrub it up and get a lotto pick.

Go McHale!

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I agree. I would LOVE to get him but after a good season and landing a top 5 recruit, I doubt he is thinking about it.

Guy is trying to turn that school around.

17. verysimplejason

Bad news... McHale's back... Just go to ESPN...

18. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Was just watching the post-interview with Doc Rivers winning game 7 against GSW with a huge 2nd half comeback. I thought Doc was really poise, talked about looking through film , what worked and didn't in game 6, how they planned on utilizing 48 minutes of starting PG material on the floor, and understanding if the team is emotional set and ready for the intensity of the playoffs. He also mentioned the importance down the stretch of quality shooters and the "talk" with DAJ that converted him into a new defensive player mindset(Rodman, Chandler, etc), no adversity, no bickering in the team, it's a real championship caliber team BECAUSE of the leadership of the coach.

The Clippers are a true team, their motto from Doc is "1 voice, 1 thought" with maximum effort on both ends from EVERYONE 1-5. The Clippers are pretty similar to last year in terms of talent on the team but this year with a new coach they are far far more deadly.

The Rockets will never be a championship team UNTIL McHale leaves.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

Yeah but does Doc know about "pop", "zing", and "sticky balls". How about more cowbell?

20. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Will he resign just like D'Antoni?