1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we need Rondo...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHarden713, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Not big fan of his, but Westbrook, Parker, Cp3, Lillard n Curry aint goin anywhere.
    All these PGs will destroy us every series, we realistically have a good chance to get Rondo n should pull the trigger.

Was mad about last night, sad this morning, but being a huge fan of Houston sports, I'm used to shortcomings

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Harden and Rondo probably won't be able to coexist.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then trade harden for him

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We can find a way if we get a new coach.

5. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Asik and Lin for Rondo? Would Boston bite? At this point I would give up a few picks just to unload Asik and Lin.

6. Cypress

Cypress Member

ehhhh Harden and Rondo Both need to have the ball to be effective.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

mr. clutch had it right... we can trade harden for him... or melo.... harden wasn't worth his contract this series at all. not even close, except for game 6.

i agree that we need rondo but ainge was committed to shedding wallace's contract with any rondo trade. that contract is a killer that probably ends all trade talks. but that was at the deadline... maybe facing a situation where rondo won't sign an extension will force him to give up some leverage in trade talks.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why?? There's no reason they couldn't coexist

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rondo and a new coach....

1 person likes this.
  10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Harden can play off the ball.. He did in OKC and has occasionally here!

Rondo would take us to another level

11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

why do you want rondo? wtf does he do for this team? he can't ply off the ball and on the ball, he's only led below average offenses. the infatuation with him for our team for a lot of fans is perplexing to say the least.

12. Fantasma Negro

They would for Lin and Parsons. I've seen enough, Parsons will never be better than he is right now, which is an inconsistent jump shooter. I'd rather have Trevor Ariza at that spot so we can have a real wing defender that can lock down opponents. Enough of this crap. I'm open to trading everyone not named Harden or Howard

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Harden for Kyrie Irving.

14. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Harden can't play with a ball dominating PG.

15. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I'm not totally opposed to Rondo but I haven't seen enough of him this year to believe he is the same player he was before.

I think it's too big of a gamble at this point.

16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Ding ding ding.. If they can't co exist get a new coach that can help them co exist... harden can't continue to be the primary offensive creator and expect to improve on D. And yesterday, I'll say that Harden showed up on both ends of the court.. He was actually trying on D

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Harden and Rondo will coexist just fine. It will even make the game easier for Harden.

His jump shots look effortless coming off screens and rondo will always give it to him at the right time and place.

Rondo will even hold him accountable for his defense.

My only concern for Rondo is his inability to make shots.

When you have Rondo on your team,

1) If Rondo has the ball, then the team is playing 4.5 on 5 defense because Rondo cannot shoot from outside.

2) If Rondo does not have the ball, the team is playing 4 on 5 defense because they will always leave Rondo open.

#17 Zboy, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  18. DocRock

DocRock Member

Harden NEEDS to play with a ball dominating PG. Just because he can iso doesn't mean he isn't unstoppable off the ball.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I understand your concern Rondo's jumpshot. But I believe if the celtics can find a way to win a ring w/ Rondo, we absolutely can. Plus Rondo's a BIG GAME player. We don't have to worry about his effort because he's everywhere on the stat sheet.

20. pips

pips Member

Imagine how unstoppable pick and roll would be with Rondo and Dwight