1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you rooting for now that the Rockets are out?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SooneRockStro, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who do you want to win it all?

Poll closed May 4, 2014.
  1. San Antonio

58 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. OKC

15 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. LAC

7 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Portland

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. GSW

18 vote(s)
    8.5%
  6. Memphis

22 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Dallas

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Miami

37 vote(s)
    17.5%
  9. Washington

14 vote(s)
    6.6%
  10. Toronto/Brooklyn winner

15 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. MONON

MONON Member

Spurs! They play bb the right way, with fundamentals. Plus the NBA hates a small market team.

2. body slam

body slam Member

3. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I'd like to see a Heat - Blazers finale. If we lost I'd like to say it was to the best in the West.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

I went with Miami. I like to see greatness and it's rare that a team gets a chance to 3-peat let alone appear in four straight finals. I'd also like to see GSW get there because I like Curry as a player.

5. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Why are so many people hating on the Blazers? Just because they beat us doesn't mean you should hate them. So they beat and now they're worse than the Mavs/Jazz? WTF were they supposed to do - lose on purpose? It's not their fault we suck so much. I actually really like the Blazers. I hope they go far.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Spurs - Plays basketball the right way.
    Toronto - love an underdog team that wins on scrappiness

7. Andrew Wiggins

No one is rooting for the Mavs and the Jazz lol.

Lillard is great and Aldridge is a beast when he's not playing like a little b**** trying to draw every foul. But I don't like Mathews and Mo Williams, and I still think Portland fans are idiots that deserve what they have coming to them.

The reason they looked to so great (for the umpteenth time) is because they are strongest where the Rockets are weakest (PF, PG, coaching and rebounding). We were able to solve some of the PF and rebounding problems by starting Asik but by then it was too late because we had already lost the first two at at home.

The Spurs have Parker and Duncan. They will make Lillard and Aldridige actually play defense. Let's see how great they are then when they don't have to save all of their energy for rebounding and scoring. Aldridge had the time of his life abusing a first year starter and players playing out of position, but Timmy is waiting for him with a confident look on his face thinking you ain't gettin that on me big fella.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

In the 2011 finals, this entire bbs became Mavs fans. It was bizarre.

9. Andrew Wiggins

And this idea that the Blazers getting to the finals makes Houston look better is silly. Nobody will be thinking about the team the Blazers beat in the first round if they win the chip (which is something I will bet anything against).

10. VBG

VBG Member

What the hell did Lillard do?

11. MONON

MONON Member

I still can't believe that I hated the Heat so much that I actually rooted for the Cuban & the Mavs. That's a dark period in my life!:mad::grin:

12. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Portland had a bunch of floppers

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

after he hit the game winner he was all up in Dwights face.
    [​IMG]

14. Andrew Wiggins

Like Mo Williams. Why does he hate Dwight? All Dwight did was respectfully, and humbly dominate them.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's sad that the Blazers had to act like punks. I really would have liked to cheer for them the rest of the way.

I'll basically be rooting for everybody but the spurs, heat, blazers, thunder, nets, and mavs.

16. krouchchocolate

Spurs so they can kill Portland for us. Kill their hopes of winning a championship bc they killed ours!

17. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I probably won't watch any of the game 7s this weekend. Too disappointed and burned out. Miami would be my first choice...Spurs next.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I never root for somebody else when the Rockets are eliminated. I'll watch what happens, might root against somebody, but I don't pick somebody else to go for.

19. VBG

VBG Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Go win the chip&quot; Dwight Howard on post-game message to Damian Lillard</p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/statuses/462474600341716992">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's absolutely hilarious how off base you are.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member