1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bkvp1Wsi2io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Andrew Wiggins

Man we got beat so predictably. You have to be smart and realize .9 is catch and shoot and Aldridge isn't going to do that over Dwight. He won't get a wide open alley either which isn't his game. Play zone D and don't guard the inbound player. All spots of the arc should be covered.

They ran that play perfect. We failed so hard. The entire left wing was wide open and YOU KNOW 1 of the four players (99% it's Lillard with his quick release) is going to run their and shoot a three. How is Jones not waiting there for the block or a zone defense not covering that spot? If you're gonna man then YOU DON'T GUARD THE INBOUNDER AND YOU USE HIM TO FOCUS ON TAKING AWAY A KEY SPOT WHERE YOUR DEFENSE IS WEAKEST.

I don't think we will make this mistake again, but McHale needs to go.

3. Andrew Wiggins

The Rockets wanted the Spurs next round who they've matched up well with all season. They're young and tenacious and their game seems to work on them and wear their old asses out. The Blazers are trying hard just to advance in the playoffs. Mo Williams is acting like he's never been into the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Still, OKC/LAC would have taken us out even if we did manage to beat the Spurs. Winning this series would have kept McHale around longer and we would have ignored the obvious flaws with this system.

4. andersongo

andersongo Member

:eek:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o2Zo_Gd2OPk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This team is actually closer to contending than I originally suspected. The right coach who actually runs a team based offense and holds players accountable could have this team beating anyone in a seven game series. That's not to say we don't need an upgrade at PF and PG but no team is perfect.

This had the talent to put Portland away in five or six. Makes me sick.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Lol, Blazers fans talking so much smack in the comments. Get ready for San Antonio b****es.

7. Yellow

Yellow Member

What did the guys on CSN say??

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

We need a system for this team. Enough of this pick up basketball bs. Get us a competent coach Morey!

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Shades of John Stockton. Can any other fanbase truly understand the level of agony Houston fans have had to endure.

10. Andrew Wiggins

You could tell they were heartbroken like most of us. They were pretty much stunned and in disbelief by the series of events that happened in the last minute.

I thought we won when Lin drained that three. I though it was over when Parsons made that shot with less than a second remaining. Unbelievable how lucky Portland was all series.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes. Cavs fans.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mchale made a legend out of Damian Lillard.

And now watch the Spurs(Dallas wont win) annihilate the Blazers...4-1

13. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

I woke up this morning and I am still in disbelief. We all knew Lillard will be the one who took the last shot and we couldn't have the another player snipping him as he ran around for his last shot for a 3pt.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Replay on csn right now. Ugh why am I watching this????? :(

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Exactly like my reaction...stunned silence. It's almost midnight here in Australia & I've barely spoken.

This loss stings because we gave the series away. We blew big leads in 3 of the 4 losses & committed some bonehead plays in crunch time to give the series away. The refs were atrocious, not so bad in this game...although LMA got away with pushing off nearly every shot & the time keeper was a bit quick on the trigger for us.

The loss stings because of our lofty expectations and the douchebaggery of the Portland fanbase, who somehow had the Lakers fans hitching their bandwagon to the Blazers bandwagon.

The loss stings because a game 7 would've made up for the 2 apologies that cost us potential victories in games 1 & 4.

This loss stings because we didn't play our best basketball as a team until the last two games.

The loss stings because Dwight Howard gave his all.

The loss stings because I love my team & didn't want the season to end.

The loss stings because we could've, should've & would've...

But in saying that, the future is brighter than it has been since we had a healthy Yao & T- Mac. We have a young core & two great young players that will only get better.

I believe that McHale will retire after playoffs & that we'll get a coach that is more teacher than motivator...not that I didn't like McHale, but...y'all know.

I believe that we are going to land our 3rd star either this or the next offseason, & I believe that next year will be our year.

This series had the feel of the Seattle series in 93. The series that left such a bitter taste in our teams mouth that we came out the next 2 seasons and won it all.

16. Andrew Wiggins

It sucks that the NBA extended every other series that went 6 games to 7 except for the one they apologized twice for.

5/6. It sucks to be that 17%.

17. tested911

tested911 Member

HAHahaha this is exactly how me and my boys reacted last night to a T....

Just utter disbelief that our season ended that way... I was 99.9% sure we were going to game 7 after that Parsons under the basket shot.

OMG I'm having a crappy morning now after rewinding it in my head..

Thanks OP:mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. Yellow

Yellow Member

Don't want to blame this on the referees but I'm 99% sure they would've not called that hold by Asik on Aldridge if it were the other way around..

19. Rockness

Rockness Member

This makes it worse..

20. redglare92

redglare92 Member

That was the most stunning and disappointing sequence of events in Rockets history. I didn't expect us to exit this early and in this way. Blazers came to play and it showed. Lillard gives no effs. :mad: We need to retool this team and find a way to instill a sense of urgency in them that they just didn't show and the opposing team did.

Some positive things to take from this series:

- Dwight emerging as more of a leader and taking charge when we needed him to do so
    - Troy Daniels could be our go-to in future crunchtime situations
    - We still have options for a Big Trade, e.g. Melo/Lowry
    - Harden still has some of the best years of his career ahead of him

Other than that, this one's in the bag. They have a lot of tape to watch and decisions to make for next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.